Next Major Bloc?

agnews

Cn next major bloc  

574 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i wish to open discussion on the peoples predictions for the next "hegemonic" bloc

do you believe that the NPO + co will make the next when when they recover?

or perhaps some of the karma participants will band together to make the next power structure

or will their be no major power structure after this war

Edited by agnews

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the NPO will be gathering a meatshield after this for sure. There are still plenty of alliance leaders out there lacking the crucial brain functions required to realize just what it means to be an ally of Pacifica.

edit: oh, you mean a new hegemonic bloc? Unlikely. At least not for a while.

Edited by Sal Paradise

I think the NPO will be gathering a meatshield after this for sure. There are still plenty of alliance leaders out there lacking the crucial brain functions required to realize just what it means to be an ally of Pacifica.

edit: oh, you mean a new hegemonic bloc? Unlikely. At least not for a while.

sorry for not clearing that up is it 3.30am :)

do you mean no large blocs or a new mega bloc? Cause their will be new blocs and some blocs will grow closer with other blocs. But i highly doubt that a super bloc will emerge any time soon.

"mega bloc" so to speak ill clear that up now

I don't think we'll see a super bloc to the same degree as Continuum, but the SuperCitadel of Oranges & Grievances could form a loose hegemony for sure.

Barring a SF-Cit or SF-C&G dispute (the only ones that seem remotely possible), I'd say that's what's going to happen.

Edited by Lord Brendan

There won't be one central bloc that runs things like tC did. However, there will be various small blocs comprised of alliances whom are friendly with each other. And based upon those core members relations to other blocs, the various blocs will be linked together one way or another. Thus in some cases they'll work together for the mutual benefit of there respective blocs, or they'll work against each other to gain more power.

Lastly, the term "Bloc" implies a formal treaty of some-sort...I can already tell you there are various informal blocs operating without a treaty.

I think it's unlikely that there will be one, however if there is, I believe NPO will do the same thing it did with WUT, where a bunch of new alliances will be founded by people who were part of the hegemony in the past, and NPO will found a bloc with all of them. Most, if not all the alliances that will be in this bloc, have not been founded yet besides NPO, but they will all gain 100 members each with in 6 months.

EDIT: When I say past hegemony alliances, I mean people who were part of alliances in 1V and Q and that side of this war :P

Edited by Nintenderek

I think it's unlikely that there will be one, however if there is, I believe NPO will do the same thing it did with WUT, where a bunch of new alliances will be founded by people who were part of the hegemony in the past, and NPO will found a bloc with all of them. Most, if not all the alliances that will be in this bloc, have not been founded yet besides NPO, but they will all gain 100 members each with in 6 months.

EDIT: When I say past hegemony alliances, I mean people who were part of alliances in 1V and Q and that side of this war :P

Nations take way too long to build for a process like that to create significant alliances, and if it's taken out of the pool of existing nations it most likely won't be a net strength gain for that faction since they'll come from other NPO allies.

Nations take way too long to build for a process like that to create significant alliances, and if it's taken out of the pool of existing nations it most likely won't be a net strength gain for that faction since they'll come from other NPO allies.

History says it's possible, and it won't just be the pool of existing nations. New nations will join these alliances as well, however they will be founded and governed by existing nations.

The Hegemony will be replaced, and a new bloc will rise to preeminence. That's just the way of things. I don't see there being a "Hegemonic" bloc at the helm of Bob for a while though. While C&G or one of the other core Karma blocs may take the top, I can't see them acting in the same manner as the Hegemony.

Hopefully, what we'll see instead though, is 3 or 4 blocs achieving more or less equal power and influence. That would make things much more interesting. You can sort of already see that happening. There are a good number of people who neither agree with Karma or the Hegemony. That's a good thing, I think. A multiplicity of factions and viewpoints will hopefully lead to Planet Bob becoming a much more interesting place, as well as requiring more thought from us as players as to whom we wish to throw our lot in with.

As for the NPO, I'd say a new bloc from them is an inevitable eventuality. No matter how much they are beaten down, they will retain their core. They've been around too long not to, and they will always have friends.

After this war you will still have Superfriends, Citadel and NpO and allies. I think those three will be the dominant powers for the months ahead.

I suppose I did forget the Polar circle of allies.

Fine, it'll be the SuperCitadel of Blue Oranges & Grievances. ^_^

There's gonna have to be some strong-arming first from one of the blocs to position themselves into a nice, cozy spot at the top.

As it is now there's no 'bloc to rule them all' setup as Citadel, Superfriends, and C&G are all fairly close in strength. By themselves, anyway.

History says it's possible, and it won't just be the pool of existing nations. New nations will join these alliances as well, however they will be founded and governed by existing nations.

History, depending on how far back you go, was during a time when the average nation was far less developed and so building yourself up to be comparatively large wasn't as difficult

I doubt there will be another bloc as massive as the Continuum so soon..with nearly every major alliance a part of it.

Next Bloc: STA + NSO + NpO = The Awesome

that'd be great...needs more MK though :D

Edited by SpoiL