Next Major Bloc?

agnews

Cn next major bloc  

574 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shadow government of Karma PoW is willing to forgive your transgression and blatant disregard for tradition, and thus will not have the almighty admin erase your nation from existence.

In return, I shall submit to the will of the shadow government of Karma PoW.

In return, I shall submit to the will of the shadow government of Karma PoW.

The shadow government of Karma PoW has no use for exposed operatives and spies in our new goal of overthrowing every alliance in the game and merging them together into a new megaPoWbloc (aka. France).

However, you are now charged with cleaning up after Drai, as he makes a mess out of himself several times a day.

Three poles provide fewer wars but more tension and pressures each pole to keep from taking actions that unite the other two against them. Peaceful? Maybe. More exciting than a unipolar world? Almost certainly.

As long as all that lovely tension and pressure is visible for everyone to see. If it goes on behind the scenes as usual then it will be no different then a unipolar world.

As long as all that lovely tension and pressure is visible for everyone to see. If it goes on behind the scenes as usual then it will be no different then a unipolar world.

In a unipolar world, any tension has to be kept hidden from the main pole in order to keep them from destroying you. In a bi- or multipolar world, it's much easier to public voice dissenting opinions because you don't have to worry about upsetting someone with the power to kill you.

Unipolar: You have to shut up

Bipolar: You can be complete dicks to each other publicly because the only people you can piss off are the ones that are your enemy anyway

Multipolar: You can speak your mind because nobody has the power to kill you for it, but you have to avoid being a total !@#$% let you unite everyone else against you

Unipolar is also the most secure but the most boring when taken over long stretches. Multipolar is fun because you don't know what's going to happen and it give room to maneuver. Bipolar is fun because it almost exclusively leads up to war and is generally the mot drama-filled. Unipolar is the mostly inevitable result of a bipolar world when one pole defeats the other. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's just been maintained way too long recently. UJW was the breakdown of the last unipolar world, but NPO's quick diplomatic dance robbed the world of a chance for multipolarity and skipped straight to a unipolar world. Realistically, between UJW and the NoCB war was a period of bipolarity, but Continuum was so powerful that it had won the war almost a year before it even began.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when we don't skip straight from unipolarity to unipolarity. The transition periods between them are always the most exciting.

In a unipolar world, any tension has to be kept hidden from the main pole in order to keep them from destroying you. In a bi- or multipolar world, it's much easier to public voice dissenting opinions because you don't have to worry about upsetting someone with the power to kill you.

Unipolar: You have to shut up

Bipolar: You can be complete dicks to each other publicly because the only people you can piss off are the ones that are your enemy anyway

Multipolar: You can speak your mind because nobody has the power to kill you for it, but you have to avoid being a total !@#$% let you unite everyone else against you

Unipolar is also the most secure but the most boring when taken over long stretches. Multipolar is fun because you don't know what's going to happen and it give room to maneuver. Bipolar is fun because it almost exclusively leads up to war and is generally the mot drama-filled. Unipolar is the mostly inevitable result of a bipolar world when one pole defeats the other. There's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's just been maintained way too long recently. UJW was the breakdown of the last unipolar world, but NPO's quick diplomatic dance robbed the world of a chance for multipolarity and skipped straight to a unipolar world. Realistically, between UJW and the NoCB war was a period of bipolarity, but Continuum was so powerful that it had won the war almost a year before it even began.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when we don't skip straight from unipolarity to unipolarity. The transition periods between them are always the most exciting.

Well I certainly hope it ends up as you state. I do have my worries about one of the poles being rather large compared to the others though. That could end up turning such into a pseudo bipolar world.

I think everyone is forgetting that while SuperFriends, C&G, Citadel, and several other power structures are out there (NOIR, LEO), including the defacto spheres of influence (NpO and friends), there also remains a large section of power among the old hegemony. Discontinuum shouldn't be counted out just yet. They'll rebound, and in that time, I'm sure some bloc will form around the NPO or 1V. That adds yet another corner to this brave new world.

So in this corner we have...

SuperFriends/Teen Titans

Complaints and Grievances

Citadel

"Dicontinuum"

Old BLEU + friends

several color blocs (NOIR, LEO)

I think everyone is forgetting that while SuperFriends, C&G, Citadel, and several other power structures are out there (NOIR, LEO), including the defacto spheres of influence (NpO and friends), there also remains a large section of power among the old hegemony. Discontinuum shouldn't be counted out just yet. They'll rebound, and in that time, I'm sure some bloc will form around the NPO or 1V. That adds yet another corner to this brave new world.

It's surprising it took so many pages before someone mentioned this. By the looks of the responses in this thread, many people will be quite surprised by what will actually be put into motion in the immediate post-war world. But then, that's what's so great about a multipolar Cyberverse.

im not sure any alliances have learned from this but if i was a leader, i would have a block with MDP's that actually ended somewhere...... anyone remember the old MDP web that was just like a spiderweb - basically a circle with everyone allied to everyone.... It never works out seriously everytime people have a way to choose sides they will try to choose the winning side.....

I think you need to have your own circle, noone can back out, one bloc of four or five alliances only bound to each other. It should be a stipulation that the signatories cannot sign MDP's with other alliances, they will just find a reason to jump sides. More friends is definitely NOT better...