Mogar Q&A

Mogar

How do you feel about your Q&A Session Thread getting more posts than some alliance Q&As?

Building on this, How do you feel about your Q&A session thread getting more posts than some alliances get in significant announcements? :laugh:

Edit: adding some emotion...

Edited by Kyle Smith

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you consider the drawbacks of being in a small alliance?

Do you consider yourself hasty for some of your actions when IRAN got peace? Did you have to get a separate peace after jumping ship and coming back?

How big is too big when it comes to alliances and feeling comfortable?

Do you read a message before posting a comment or are you commenting on the topic title to get your first?

How do you feel about your Q&A Session Thread getting more posts than some alliance Q&As?

It's not that shocking, I'm more well known that some alliances. :awesome:

Building on this, How do you feel about your Q&A session thread getting more posts than some alliances get in significant announcements?

ego boosts for the win, really though I had expected a lot less serious questions, I've been pleasantly surprised to get alot of serious questions.

What do you consider the drawbacks of being in a small alliance?

Do you consider yourself hasty for some of your actions when IRAN got peace? Did you have to get a separate peace after jumping ship and coming back?

How big is too big when it comes to alliances and feeling comfortable?

Do you read a message before posting a comment or are you commenting on the topic title to get your first?

I would say the drawbacks of being in a small alliance are you don't have the security of being in a big alliance, if you piss off someone bigger than you, it wont end well, but I feel the benefits of actually knowing everyone by name, and getting the close relationships that go along with that far outweigh the drawbacks. When I was a Pacifican I disliked how I felt like the government didst really get to know the general membership, and will work hard to never do that while I'm in leadership of an alliance.

Yes, I do regret my actions, but I disliked leaving our allies and protector on the battlefield and out to dry, that was very disloyal to me, but I did was I thought was right at the time, I have a very strong sense of honor when it comes to my friends and allies. Yes I had to get a separate peace, LiquidMercury, Archon, and representatives from FoB and the rest of the alliances at war with IRAN and me were all in a private channel and it took about 5 minutes, FoB was fine with white peace.

I think TOP is doing it rite when it comes to alliance size, you don't need more than 200 to 300 members, after that point you're going to have people there just for protection and not because they want to be in and defend the alliance, and those types of people are useless to an alliance, especially if they're smaller since they become a money pit that could be better used for more honorable members.

Most topics I skim and read a summary of, post, and then actually go back and read it, if it's a short topic I usually read the whole thing, but walls of text like TwiP and the like I don't usually read the full thing.

If you could bring one alliance back from the "grave" which alliance would it be?

Which alliance do you want gone the most atm?

Which alliance do you want to stay disbanded and never come back again? Or given you always give 2nd chances which alliance do you dislike most that is already gone?

What do you think of STA? I went to page 5 and skipped the rest so if you were already asked, forgiveness please :P

Do animals go to heaven?

I think STA is an honorable alliance, I had wished they'd have stayed in SNOW, but don't blame them for leaving it, I would have too if I were in the same position, I think Tygaland is a great leader, and happen to like quite a few STA members. All dogs go to heaven, cats mostly go to hell, because cats are jerks, there's exceptions for both though.

If you could bring one alliance back from the "grave" which alliance would it be?

Which alliance do you want gone the most atm?

Which alliance do you want to stay disbanded and never come back again? Or given you always give 2nd chances which alliance do you dislike most that is already gone?

Besides CDS, I would like \m/ back the most because they were a great group of people, without Liberal Extinction and banned member gettting unbanned I don't see that happening though.

NPO would be the alliance I want to see wiped off planet bob, but I'm getting my wish there, and again, I support TPF so I do have to indirectly support NPO, but I'm pretty sure everyone is aware I hate NPO.

I'm willing to give NoR a second chance, there isn't many that disbanded that I want to see stay dead, I don't really dislike many alliances that have disbanded honestly.

Edited by Mogar

What do you think of Ordo Verde?

I found your government sticking by you to be very brave and honorable, most alliances would have thrown you to the wolves and called it a day, sticking to your guns sometimes pays off in the end.

Why hasn't Kaiser Martens joined NoR yet?

I don't think Martens is going to give them the bad publicity he did last time, I'm pretty sure he's just fine being quiet where he is now.

Edited by Mogar

I found your government sticking by you to be very brave and honorable, most alliances would have thrown you to the wolves and called it a day, sticking to your guns sometimes pays off in the end.

I don't think Martens is going to give them the bad publicity he did last time, I'm pretty sure he's just fine being quiet where he is now.

If you could make a a Global war with any sides and any alliance in the past and present what would the sides be? You don't have to include every single alliance just make up 2 sides you think would be cool.

What do you think of SLCB?

What do you think of alliance names that are created with the acronym in mind, before the actual name?

How many hours per day do you play CN?

What do you think of editing posts to correct grammatical errors?

Edited by A Soviet Attack

If you could make a a Global war with any sides and any alliance in the past and present what would the sides be? You don't have to include every single alliance just make up 2 sides you think would be cool.

Honestly just an even war where long term tactics and planning(warchests and wonders and etc) would be wonderful.

What do you think of SLCB?

What do you think of alliance names that are created with the acronym in mind, before the actual name?

How many hours per day do you play CN?

What do you think of editing posts to correct grammatical errors?

I think it's a clever and catchy alliance name, which is more than most people can say.

I think alot of people try to think of a 3 letter acro before naming their alliance, which makes no sense to me, you should come up with the name and figure out the shorthand name later.

Anywhere from 3 to 12 depending in my mood on that day.

I edit my posts all the time to fix typos, I don't always catch them before posting.

Why does NPO and other alliances that destroyed GS claimed it was just over voting for brass in the yellow team senate elections? I know there is alot more to it then that, but the GS member I talked to didn't wish to reminisce on the past. Which I wouldn't blame him and do believe him. Basically I'm asking do you know why GS was really taken out?

Edited by Darth Maul

How many nukes have you taken in your CN career?

What other alliances have you been in?

I've taken 1 nuke during GW3, 3 nukes during the GPA war, 2 during the NoV war, and 3 during the Karma war, plus 3 from a nuke rogue while I was TPF's MoFA, <3 the haters.

I was in CDS from July of 06 until we disbanded in September of 07, with a 3 day stay in COLD during GW3 to reload, then I went to TPF where I was until December of 08 because I began to get restless, NPO from December to Feburary where I got kicked out for "trying to recruit NPO members", and IRAN ever since then, I still miss CDS, and those ex members who have posted in this thread probably know the feeling, I'm sure NAAC, LUE, \m/ and even GOONS members know what I mean.

Why does NPO and other alliances that destroyed GS claimed it was just over voting for brass in the yellow team senate elections? I know there is alot more to it then that, but the GS member I talked to didn't wish to reminisce on the past. Which I wouldn't blame him and do believe him. Basically I'm asking do you know why GS was really taken out?

GS was seen as a FAN haven by NPO, and we all know how ebil FAN was, the voting for brass thing was just an excuse to kill the alliance so they could continue to keep down the yellow sphere as a whole and remove any FAN sympathizers, Ironically it probably made even more people sympathize with FAN, but we all know the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

How much win could a Mogar chuck if a Mogar could chuck win?

also, what do you think will happen in 2010?

More than you could ever imagine.

I believe by then NPO will have recovered from this war(if they get peace of course) and be a major player once more, picking off the Karma alliances who were against them one by one.

Will you ever stop being creepily in love with Boxxy?

Followup:

How many times have people asked you about Boxxy in this thread before me?

Probably not, my gf has accepted my addiction, and Only twice I believe.

Since it's such a popular question type, what do you think of The Brigade?

:awesome:

You guys need more members and a better spread of NS, other than that you are a pretty good alliance, although with the amount of banker nations you have you should be able to have some pretty amazing growth of your smaller nations. from an FA standpoint you are in a pretty good position, I've never dealt with your alliance on a personal level, but it'll happen eventually.

which alliance do you think will recover faster and better, MCXA or GGA?

MCXA shed alot of ghosts, and have a much bigger member base to help them recover, I see GGA possibly dying off after their terms are up, they are a truly ancient alliance, I'm hoping that with their forced removal from the hegemony they'll allow more charismatic and better leadership to come into power, as opposed to the revolving door it was before the war, but MCXA needs to find some talent from its membership as well, TSO stole a majority of the alliance's talent, and I'm unsure if they'll ever fully recover from that huge of a loss, I dont think any other alliance has had it's leadership culled like that, and I saw what happened to CDS when our entire government was ZI'd and removed from power post GW3, I suspect a similar power vacuum existed in MCXA as well.

Edited by Mogar

MCXA shed alot of ghosts, and have a much bigger member base to help them recover, I see GGA possibly dying off after their terms are up, they are a truly ancient alliance, I'm hoping that with their forced removal from the hegemony they'll allow more charismatic and better leadership to come into power, as opposed to the revolving door it was before the war, but MCXA needs to find some talent from its membership as well, TSO stole a majority of the alliance's talent, and I'm unsure if they'll ever fully recover from that huge of a loss, I dont think any other alliance has had it's leadership culled like that, and I saw what happened to CDS when our entire government was ZI'd and removed from power post GW3, I suspect a similar power vacuum existed in MCXA as well.

On MCXA: I agree that mcxa shed alot of ghosts... but the active member base of mcxa was around 50-75, and alot of those that became active during the war most likely will go inactive later on... most of the alliance wont really help out after the reps are paid.

The last alliance I know of that had something like this happen, was the confederation of orgnanized nations in sept 07, the alliance was on the cusp of sanction, and has since slipped into just another AA, the con had the same thing happen twice.

Basically when TSO left MCXA, they did take all the talent, and 90% of the gov't, and over 75% of the active members.. MCXA needs to learn from alliances mistakes in this area, of how to recover.

on GGA: I dont see GGA dying off, if they are able to clean up their gov't issues they currently have.. GGA does have member issues, however alot of them are are more loyal. They can recover only if they can get back on track. GGA mostly needs to shed its old stigma and old ways of thinking to move forward...

if you had a choice of these two alliances to join and help fix up post war which one would you join, and why? and you can't say neither :)

What do you think of sethb?

I think he's going to be famous for the rest of his CN career as the guy who killed NPO WITH HIS BEAR HANDS.

if you had a choice of these two alliances to join and help fix up post war which one would you join, and why? and you can't say neither :)

I agree with most of your post, and I'd like to help out GGA since my original alliance was a splinter of GGA(we didn't like Prodigal Chieftain) and I think they're going to need more help than MCXA will, since MCXA will be in a decent position once they pay off their reps(if they haven't already, those were very light reps)

Why didn't you answer my last question?

I missed it, sorry y0.