Announcement from the Multicolored Cross-X Alliance

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this being applauded? It's been FORCED UPON THEM. They had plenty of time for mercy beforehand that would have resulted in worthy praise, but in this situation they are only doing so because it is part of their surrender terms under imminent threat of war.

The public revelation of these terms should be a huge shot against them, it's disgusting that these sorts of things were even thought up in the first place.

I completely agree with this.

To any who shares this feeling do NOT take it up with the current Government, these terms were negotiated months ago (6+), way before I even knew who King Penchuk was and why he was under terms. Your attacking the wrong people.

Regardless of who negotiated these terms the current government still sat there and kept them in place.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Alicia

Why is this being applauded? It's been FORCED UPON THEM.

Well, I'm the only one who used that word. So I guess you're replying to me.

Heh. I applauded the end of the terms. I didn't applaud any one particular individual, since I don't really know whose idea it was.

Nor do I frankly care much. Get rid of secret terms, make the Haf a happy camper.

To any who shares this feeling do NOT take it up with the current Government, these terms were negotiated months ago (6+), way before I even knew who King Penchuk was and why he was under terms. Your attacking the wrong people.

Give me a break. TSO broke away 74 days ago. I'd say there's been plenty of time to change course from them. Not to mention the fact that hundreds of you decided to be a part of that organization while all the previous government's BS was going on.

We actually had agreed to release KP weeks ago, and were going to announce it along with Election Results but I never got around to it. You can believe it, or not; at this point it doesn't matter.

Two things:

1. I must express outrage that you would knowingly continued to enforce terms such as these on any member of this world, and especially on a member of my alliance. The fact that you never got around to is the lamest excuse I've heard in a while. The sad part is I completely believe you, what with all the other gross incompetence and neglect the MCXA government has shown in the events leading up to this war.

2. With that said, the secret terms are ended, as is your role in this war. I've said before that everyone deserves a fresh chance and I stand by that now. You've obviously made some vastly expensive mistakes, but perhaps you will have learned from them. I wish you guys the best of luck in rebuilding both your nations and your image.

Two things:

1. I must express outrage that you would knowingly continued to enforce terms such as these on any member of this world, and especially on a member of my alliance. The fact that you never got around to is the lamest excuse I've heard in a while. The sad part is I completely believe you, what with all the other gross incompetence and neglect the MCXA government has shown in the events leading up to this war.

2. With that said, the secret terms are ended, as is your role in this war. I've said before that everyone deserves a fresh chance and I stand by that now. You've obviously made some vastly expensive mistakes, but perhaps you will have learned from them. I wish you guys the best of luck in rebuilding both your nations and your image.

Well said and very classy

It's not the current government's fault that they put them under these terms, it's that they did not remedy their mistake in the first place. Sam and all his compatriots that jumped ship deserve blame for them and more, but the current administration did nothing to fix what they broke.

To be fair, if I was a member of MCXA's current government I'd be focusing on fixing what was broken internally before giving a !@#$ about whether someone's under terms. They've got enough on their plate and they're doing pretty well given the fact that they were royally screwed.

No we're not. Last time I checked gopherbashi and Dr. Fresh were MCXA .gov at the time, so they have the blood on their hands. There is nothing to congratulate here other than your pathetic band of clowns getting what you had coming to you.

We actually had agreed to release KP weeks ago, and were going to announce it along with Election Results but I never got around to it. You can believe it, or not; at this point it doesn't matter.

I don't believe you, and I find it pathetic that you'd try to pass this off on your former government. Yes they may have initiated the terms, but if you truly were against them getting rid of them would've been pretty high on your to-do list, and it would've been a sign of a MCXA that has really changed for the better. But no, you waited, and now there can reasonably be doubt about whether you intended to do this or not... like I say, I don't believe you and I don't think we'd be seeing this had you not been in this war, not at election time, not for a long time. Frankly this government appears to be as shambolic as the last.

Kudos to karma for exposing these disgusting secret terms, and getting rid of them. They deserve to be congratulated, not you.

Edited by Aimee Mann

I sincerely hope you have learned from your mistakes.

I think this is what it all comes down to in the end.

If MCXA learns from this and doesn't resort to those sorts of tactics in the future once they're back in a position of greater strength, then I applaud this outcome, regardless of the means it took to occur. A desire to reform or repent, regardless of its cause, is always a good thing if sincerely felt.

On the other hand, if they do the exact same thing (or something similar) again as soon as they're back in a stronger position, then I'll look on this with sadness because it will have showed they learned nothing.

For those willing to believe me, we had released all nations from terms roughly two weeks ago, announced along with our election results; that announcement itself being delayed due to several factors. This announcement - with the exception of the FAN and Vox portions - is redundant with that one, and was only "re-announced" due to some miscommunication between myself and KingEd.

King Penchuk was notified roughly around the time of that announcement that any residual terms had been lifted, as was a contact of Taun Shakar who passed the message on to him.

If you're not going to believe me anyway, feel free to ignore this post and continue with your previously-scheduled calling me an ugly lying kitten-eater.