Reforming Alliances

You could say that NAAC reformed too, well kinda for two reasons

One they took over NpO Almighty Grub was a NAAC'er and now NpPo's have faught 2 wars against each other.

and two Greenland Republic is their spiritual succesor, same colour, same members, same wars against NPO.

Funny thing is (and I got this from the CN wiki, I wasn't actually there) NAAC was actually called Greenland Republic before it changed it's name :P

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH I think these alliances that disbanded did not fight hard enough for their right as an alliance and community to exists hard enough. No one can force you to disband FAN is testament to that.

Edit: So no I think the dead should not rise.

Edited by Shamshir

Yeah , when did \m/ reform?

i think it chaned its name to Ragnorok :P

(i'm kidding XD)

i don't really have too much of a problem with reforming alliances as long as the people are dedicated to bringing it back up, Otherwise its a disservice to the Legacy of the AA

...and \m/.

Gatherum sighed.

Ah, if only this were true. They were my most hated enemy back in the day...treat with or war with them again, I would relish the day...

Any others? Of course, it doesn't look like \m/ and TF! were serious, or those just didn't work out.

Actually, I think TF! is serious. It'll be interesting to witness a Digiterra with them and TPF on it at once.

I bet NAAC would grow pretty quickly.

Indeed it would...such is the only alliance I would quicker see back on Digiterra than \m/...

Gatherum sighed again, in memory of his brief time in Arctica.

Edited by Gatherum

To be fair, Nordreich did not disband. Martens resigned and those who didn't follow him were unjustly branded as extremists and attacked. It was a calculated move that left a lot of lingering ill-will, so much so that yes, it really did take this long for the various personalities involved to own up to their respective mistakes and move on.

To answer the OP more directly: "Yes."

One of the reasons this current war is being fought is to ensure that players aren't run from the game again. Attacking a reformed alliance because you didn't like the original goes against the very spirit of what those in Karma have been saying.

And yes, I'm fully aware of the irony of that statement (coming from a leader of Nordreich) in light of the ICP Reformation War. But we either live and learn or we atrophy. We can carry our grudges around, wearing them like some twisted badge of honor, or we can discard them. I choose not to carry grudges, because all that does is give the other person power over me.

Also, there are genuine communities (not simply online alliances) involved. Those of us who come from the NoR "lineage" have had our own forums for some time now. We have remained in pretty much constant contact with one another. After all this time, I have come to genuinely know and like the people involved, not merely their online personae. And, for many of us, the feeling with regard to CN is that we either play together or not at all.

TBH I think these alliances that disbanded did not fight hard enough for their right as an alliance and community to exists hard enough. No one can force you to disband FAN is testament to that.

Sometimes it gets tiring to put the effort into holding an alliance together.

It's all fun and games until Flying Tigers reform

I fear for you if they reform. They caused the demise of GOON's 1.0.

The responses here are very interesting. Most people think it's okay as long as it's someone from the original alliance reforming it. I remember a thread several months after the NAAC disbanded when a guy tried to reform NAAC. Not only was he attacked anyway by NPO, but most people were just saying, "Let the dead rest in peace," or, "Don't do it. If you do it wrong, it will ruin their legacy."

I eagerly await NAAC's reformation. Someone do it. I never was a part of them, but I remember they were a formidable fighting force. I believe Moldavi said something like, "At least NAAC knew how to properly be the enemy."

I eagerly await NAAC's reformation. Someone do it. I never was a part of them, but I remember they were a formidable fighting force. I believe Moldavi said something like, "At least NAAC knew how to properly be the enemy."

I know a lot of the originals have no desire to do so.

This. And sometimes it is better to disband than to continue to exist as a shadow/refutation/parody of yourself. Or as a puppet.

But if that's why an alliance disbanded, then when it becomes possible for them to exist again, if they want to, then more power to them.

This is all !@#$%^&*. Everyone here is saying "yeah we have no problem with people reforming. whats the big deal?" when you know thats not true. If \m/ came back people would be getting all bent out of shape and start getting ready to go to war to destroy the evil \m/ menace. Same with Gen[m]ay or the real GOONs, not this GOONs from the moon BS. And you cant say this isnt true because if it werent true, Bilrow wouldnt have been in #RAD lurking waiting for some of the former \m/embers to give him a reason to attack us.

\m/ has been here all along.

The age old question is "How do you pronounce \m/?"

I shall now divulge the secret to the question, \m/ is pronounced......................../drum roll....................RAD

Lol. nice

Edited by Newhotness

Oh holy crap, do I have to make a post correcting this once a week?

NAAC wasn't forced to disband! Not in any way shape or form! Once they disbanded I made sure they stayed that way, and Polar to this very day still maintains the watch.

I wonder if Grub would kill an NAAC zombie....

Brb reforming NAAC to find out.

I predict that GR and NpO will merge to form the New Order of Arctic Countries.

Not really.

You know there was a rumor like that last summer which some incredibly stupid believed? :P

Hmm i just think and recreations will not be able to emulate past alliances and once an alliance disbands it can't really come back. Especially some of the alliances suggested as too much time has passes. (that should allow me to make an exception for VE :P)

This is all !@#$%^&*. Everyone here is saying "yeah we have no problem with people reforming. whats the big deal?" when you know thats not true. If \m/ came back people would be getting all bent out of shape and start getting ready to go to war to destroy the evil \m/ menace. Same with Gen[m]ay or the real GOONs, not this GOONs from the moon BS. And you cant say this isnt true because if it werent true, Bilrow wouldnt have been in #RAD lurking waiting for some of the former \m/embers to give him a reason to attack us.

U[m]brella did it right. :ph34r:

Ragnarok= \m/ hell it was formed by ex-\m/ about a week after there disbandment

Umbrella= Gen[m]ay just a little more tight knit

MK= LUE everyone knows it

GOONS and NAAC spread out everywhere though

Umbrella= Gen[m]ay just a little more tight knit, plus they are more (publicly)mature, 250% more organized, 350% tougher, and they have leaders,

I fixed one for you, in bold, sir.

Ok, if you want to look at it in that way, the VE is currently fighting on a side against those that once killed it, wheres FAN is only now recovering from peace mode. (btw, its really fun bilrow is in NPO)

No, we did not fight the glorious fight (aka peace mode, or FAN mode) but there are very few scenarios in which I could imagine the VE more succesfull than it is now.

We had the following choices;

1: Move from green, alter our identity, and live in shame.

2: Fan style eternal war

3: Disband/undisband

Having the VE as a sanctioned alliance now is pure win.

Edited by leprecon

Umbrella= Gen[m]ay just a little more tight knit

Pretty sure GR = NAAC + Atlantis