Why I just surrendered

Jocko Homo

You guys are giving him a lot of flack but if what he's saying regarding NPO's treatment of the "general member" by its leadership is true, I do not see what the big deal is.

His alliance treats him like @$#$ then expects him to honor the alliance?

'course this is all assuming what is said about NPO's leadership to be true

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Read this thread and have mixed feelings here, im a former member of pacifica OOC: it was under a different character but for the purpous of this post consider this chracter and that one and the same

IC:

my 1st point to address is leadership: i do take umbridge at labeling all of the leaders in a bad light, YES there are some VERY bullying characters i wont slander in this post but anyone who has done time in the NPO knows who i mean BUT i must say some of the guys are ok i For instance an still quite fond of Applesauce he was a good guy...very approachable worked VERY hard, SDRD had his moments but always had time to listen (though you could do with toning down the rhetoric lol) same for umbrae (most of the time lol)

however i can see your point about feeling isolated from leadership sometimes.

2)the whole being there 5 months thing: ill be honest i feel the same it took me a long time to see i wasnt feeling the whole pacifica vibe (something happened that has been resolved but a few know what happened) when it can feel slightly like a witch hunt sometimes which doesnt help the atmosphere SO i get that.......HOWEVER i do feel that bringing that dispute here was a little tactless and could have been handled better if you felt that would be unfairly targeted then you could have spoke to one of the other alliances and explained your position, i myself had to have a long chat with another leader to clarify my position and it helped and advice was given.....this has just put you in a bad light and got peoples backs up.

3) the war not being right: im not gonna argue on this one as the war ISNT right NPO attacked when it shouldnt have and here we are, HOWEVER if you feel as strongly as you do that the NPO needs to be destroyed and your not trying to save your nation why not offer your pixels for the war effort against them.....im assuming you havent done this but my point is if you felt THAT strongly why didnt you?

as for reprisals ill remind Pacifica that he is a Prisoner of war for one month and that he is protected........perhaps you could consider your political position at the moment and show some of that trademark diplomacy and let this man on his way i think he has done more harm to himself that you could do.

Please do elaborate because based off of what I have seen, the entire NPO FA has failed. From horrible damage control after each TWiP article to outright ignoring public opinion of questionable tactics via their extreme arrogance. If you feel someone is the blame then come forth and don't be coy.

If an entire alliances ongoing destruction is rooted by the ineptitude of one or a few individuals, would it not be best to put their feet to the nuclear fire and not damn the rest? As an ally, at this point, your best action would be to help clear out the bad apples.

The entire point of the earlier post was not to name names. If I wanted to, I would have. I have no need to throw anyone in particular under the bus -- those responsible know who they are and I am confident they will get theirs soon. They do not need me to expedite their demise.

I do, however, have an interest in ensuring that my friend is not thrown under the bus for something which he was not the sole proprietor of and, in some cases, had no control over. Its called being a loyal friend through thick and thin.

Furthermore..."(A)n ally"? You, my friend, have not kept up with the times: I have not been in IRON for a week and I am certainly no friend of Pacifica, the reasons for which are my own.

I am sorry that you have no concept of loyalty and supporting your friends. If you have any.

i think you have to understand the difference between loyalty and brainwashing, i would rather have 5 men who will have the courage to question me than 1000 who would blindly follow THAT is true loyalty being able to stand up to your leader and point out something that isnt right

HOWEVER that doesnt mean im supporting the OP of this thread just can see both sides of the coin

You have a tenured upper class who are 1. not responsible to the citizenry and 2. apparently have no influence upon the Emperor.

I understand what you're getting at. I wouldn't mind discussing the finer points of this statement sometime in the future (IRC?). Point #2 in particular is a correctly identified symptom of a broken system, but we may disagree as to the source of this non-influence.

I still do not appreciate your comments toward Triyun. <_<

Yes, Dilber and Triyun are going to make difficult targets to keep track of by switching AAs.

OOC/until you realize you can track them by using the "search" function :D /OOC

indeed ... although somehow I feel that carrying the NPO flag "might" just be a little bit of a give away ;)

Edited by sircrimson

He was making a joke ;)

OOC/ I have a slight problem of taking what people say literally, Internet chat/ message boards are by far the worst lol /00C

yeah I know, pointing put the obvious heh

look I am not going to make any comment on the NPO and it's treatment of members since I have never been in the NPO however with respect to NPO if what he says true then being bullied threatened or would make anybody leave an allience, whether OOC or not it is ver disrespectful , yeah sure you don't have to be all touchy-feely but if you don't want people to desert then at least show courtesy to lower members.

Edited by sircrimson

Why did you even join NPO if you aren't willing to stand up for it? Any unaligned red team nation can form trades and even conduct tech deals with us, so if you weren't willing to defend your haven, why did you even join? Who could have just stayed on the red team, participated in our limited affairs and been in peace. You knew what you signed up for.

Hmmpff.. regardless, the Red Team is now free. It has always been the tactic of tyranny to throw a few apples at those they have starved.

Maybe you should not have gone public with this. It's only negative attention for all sides in this. But here we are.

My NPO membership was a long time ago, but I've had nothing but good memories from it. Of course, things may have changed since then. But when I read the posts of someone like Loucifer, if all the leadership is like that, it can't be bad at all. I'm not a big fan of the mentality of "you should follow all orders, even unreasonable ones, or you're a traitor" or whatever. But I find it hard to take this seriously.

Maybe you should not have gone public with this. It's only negative attention for all sides in this. But here we are.

My NPO membership was a long time ago, but I've had nothing but good memories from it. Of course, things may have changed since then. But when I read the posts of someone like Loucifer, if all the leadership is like that, it can't be bad at all. I'm not a big fan of the mentality of "you should follow all orders, even unreasonable ones, or you're a traitor" or whatever. But I find it hard to take this seriously.

It's not even the same alliance anymore, man. In your time the things Jocko is describing would be freak incidents. Now it is the norm. What Jocko Homo is upset about is directly related to the NPO's position in the world right now, which is to say being stabbed.

Good post Jocko, let this be a lesson to all NPO members who want out. Their leadership is solely based on fear and oppression, all you have to do is turn against them. I hope many more ordinary NPO members will realize this and leave the tyranny of NPO leadership, they don’t give a damn about you.

Free yourself!

Karma o/

I didnt sign up for a "system", I signed up to an Alliance. In fact, I am pretty sure that nowhere in the recruiting garbage that i fell for was it mentioned that I was joining a "system".

You do realize... that an alliance... IS a system?

I stopped reading this garbage at the beginning. The bottomline is that you support and fight for your alliance and friends no matter the cause, and no matter the reasons. You definitely don't go and publicly humiliate them and try and sabotage them on the big boards. They're fighting a war from 17 different sides at the moment. Do you think they give a darn about what you have to say?

No. They don't. And trust me chief, they're certainly going to remember you once the dust settles. People who try and backstab their alliance don't end up very well. You might start planning on hiding in peace mode with your AA as "NONE" for the rest of your days here, because NPO is going to rip you to the ground after this war, and any alliance who read this sure as heck is not going to accept you in. You my friend screwed yourself.

"One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do. Two can be as bad as one. It's the loneliest number since the number one."

Edited by lmcfalcon12

No. They don't. And trust me chief, they're certainly going to remember you once the dust settles. People who try and backstab their alliance don't end up very well. You might start planning on hiding in peace mode with your AA as "NONE" for the rest of your days here, because NPO is going to rip you to the ground after this war, and any alliance who read this sure as heck is not going to accept you in. You my friend screwed yourself.

NPO with what army? Not going to happen ever.

Im starting to get things here

The Hegemony side seems to keep its "leaders" In peace mode, and pretty much using all their members as meatshields... Yes, im sure your leaders love you... as much as they can argue its a "strategy" They are still sending theit members to die, while they sit back and watch, only to get in when it suits them...

Karma side seems to be supporting eachother having a more, noone left behind attitude if that makes sense...

Edited by keres666

I love how all of NPO's enemies want to congradulate this loser for standing up to NPO and doing whats right.

Funny how he was alright with the way they treated him right up until he started getting gangbanged.

Friends and enemies alike should realize a coward and a traitor when they see one.

You go ahead and go over to the other side, since they love you so and are so proud of you; lets see if they promote you to a goverment postion in one of their alliances.

I stopped reading this garbage at the beginning. The bottomline is that you support and fight for your alliance and friends no matter the cause, and no matter the reasons.

What if your alliance betrays its allies and friends? What if your alliance betrays its members? What if the war is unjust? An aggressive war of choice, caused by your leader's own hypocrisy and arrogance?

Loyalty is for dogs. Men have consciences, honour and self-respect. Blindly following orders is the excuse of cowards.

They're fighting a war from 17 different sides at the moment. Do you think they give a darn about what you have to say?

This thread probably has the highest percentage of individual NPO responses than any other thread during this war. Hell, even the rarely seen Imperial Officer Loucifer posted in this thread. All we need is SDRD and Philosopher to make a token appearance and complete the trifecta.

Edited by Sal Paradise

Im starting to get things here

The Hegemony side seems to keep its "leaders" In peace mode, and pretty much using all their members as meatshields... Yes, im sure your leaders love you

Karma side seems to be supporting eachother having a more, noone left behind attitude if that makes sense

My President is eating nukes right beside me.

My President is eating nukes right beside me.

Good for him, Great even...

But it still doesnt reflect whats really going on as a whole... and what ive heard from alot of members on both sides