Why I just surrendered

Jocko Homo

To be fair, for most of the past two years the "bus" has been a disorganized and frightful bunch of bicyclists, and not a bus.

Quoted for truth,

Had the NPO moved on OV even a week or two earlier Karma may not have come together,

Even then the war should have been more even,

When the history of this war is compiled it should be remembered that The Coward Coalition running from NPO not only gave Karma a huge PR and Morale boost,

It also gave the initial bliz a clear unmolested shot, prety much taking out the NPO as an offensive force in the first round of war.

Everyone knew it was coming at update, Had Q/1V launched a spoiling attack / counter offensive similar to FARK on IRON then the war could have taken a very different course

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These people got there through dedication and hard work. The NPO remains a meritocracy. It is still the case that intelligence and hard work will be rewarded.

Nah, the NPO is a stereotypical hierarchy, where everyone rises to the level of his or her incompetence and all work is done by those that have yet to reach their level of incompetence. Immobility at the top has kept the NPO functioning, as those that deserve promotions to higher positions aren't getting them and therefore continue to do well at the bottom. Meanwhile, the IOs do nothing but shuffle papers and the Emperor can't do his job well enough to get promoted to Imperator Emeritus.

Nah, the NPO is a stereotypical hierarchy, where everyone rises to the level of his or her incompetence and all work is done by those that have yet to reach their level of incompetence. Immobility at the top has kept the NPO functioning, as those that deserve promotions to higher positions aren't getting them and therefore continue to do well at the bottom. Meanwhile, the IOs do nothing but shuffle papers and the Emperor can't do his job well enough to get promoted to Imperator Emeritus.

Somehow, I feel Moo's promotion approaching just on the horizon.

If I were in NPO's position, I would have the same policy regarding deserters. NPO's success is entirely based on one thing: numbers generating numbers. For example, their recruiting pitch is "Join us, we're the biggest!" However, their members are in the alliance for security and strength and have never really thought that they might have to fight to ZI for Pacifica. Thus, Pacifica cannot depend on loyalty to keep its strength up during war. Thus, NPO must keep up its numbers by threatening its numbers with more of its numbers. Thus, numbers generating numbers. When your alliance is a paper tiger with incompetent leadership and your members are using you just as much as you're using them, "numbers generating numbers" is the best policy.

You know I've been reading this thread and I find one thing very, very interesting. Jocko has only been in NPO for 5 months. Ordinarily it would mean that he is fairly new etc etc. But that's not really the shocking part, the part that total stuns me is here we got a guy who is new, young, pumped up willing to join, contributing and you reward him how???? Then he comes forward expressing concern and doing what he sees is for the best for his nation and you slander him here as a traitor?

It would seem to me that the best interests of would be working WITH your new people? I mean no arguments against Monarchs or Dictators but you can only sit on the throne for so long before someone comes along and pushes your wrinkled butt off. But it sounds more and more like NPO doesn't have the strength to work with its own members. Now given, this may not be true for everything but their is a lot of links out that sprung up this KARMA WAR. Way I see innocent or guility is not the point NPO --- your own future (those coming after you) is abandoning you.

As for old Jocko here: Who can truly blame someone for following their own interests? You did in your own best interest decide to part from your Alliance you just happened to do it at a critical time when al HELL broke loose. Now whether or not you should be aware of the retribution is up to you but veiled threats and idioms seldom are noteworthy anyway and tens to show that violence is the only way to accomplish anything whereas, if NPO had actually stuck through DIPLOMACY it could have gone better. Either way, and irregardless bottom line is you made this mess, you started the crud flying, you caused the issues both within as well as without, don't you think you could have used a little common sense to solve it rather than pulling out the BFG???

Way I see it if Jocko at 5 months had common sense to abandon your butts, I cannot wait to see how many just decide your not worth their effort either.

Then I hope you fire them all when the war is over, KingEsus, because they let you down this time. Upward mobility and downward mobility. At least I had the decency to resign when I felt I was contributing nothing to the alliance. You have a lot of dead weight up there and you have been needing a new Emperor since August 2007. Time to make ammends.

If I had access to all of NPO's internal discussions in the FA department and thorough knowledge of their administrative/bureaucratic culture, then I could probably make a unit-level argument that Moo somehow perpetuated a sort of Group-think environment -- that is to say...if Moo had shown up to a meeting naked, he may very well have been told that he was clothed by certain advisers.

Eh, I don't think that is quite the case. On the contrary, I (and there were a few like me) was never inclined to tell him he was right just because he was Emperor. Those who were made men before he ever was were quite irreverent towards him. The dead weight, his personal friends, they were never the intellectual thrust behind the alliance.

Edited by Mussolandia

Eh, I don't think that is quite the case. On the contrary, I (and there were a few like me) was never inclined to tell him he was right just because he was Emperor. Those who were made men before he ever was were quite irreverent towards him. The dead weight, his personal friends, they were never the intellectual thrust behind the alliance.

Fair enough. Like I said, I'm not as knowledgeable about the internal workings over there as some of you all are so its mostly opinion based on observation. :unsure:

Upward mobility and downward mobility.

The second part is key. NPO has a bloated leadership structure, something that leads to both never ending buck passing and severe opsec risk. The fact that NPO has the number of IOs that it does now is rather absurd.

• 1 year later...