Is the Phoenix still hungry?

Crohl

The fate of the TPF  

442 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. ODN made that decision long before sides had been outlined. I know, ODN is an easy target and you like hitting them because it makes you look "cool." But maybe the incessant insults are not really neccesary.

And yet you had audacity to bring in IRON when you and VE screwed it amongst yourselves while with the decision already made you're going to screw the IRON treaty?

And to add class to it, you do it one day before your duty calls you. This post just makes the picture of betrayal more complete.

Session Start: Wed Jan 23 14:40:06 2008

Session Ident: Slayer99[TPF]

00[16:57] <greenacres> dude, that's the thing.. it wasn't that big of a deal, I kept telling you that.

00[16:57] <greenacres> I told you to just be all humble and say "my bad, I apologize" etc. etc.

[16:57] <Slayer99[TPF]> It was a big deal

[16:57] <Slayer99[TPF]> I $%&@ed up

00[16:57] <greenacres> but you put it on us as if we're incompetent jackasses who took it upon ourselves to do this behind your back.

[16:57] <Slayer99[TPF]> and I told Moo that

[16:58] <Slayer99[TPF]> no

[16:58] <Slayer99[TPF]> I put it all on me

00[16:58] <greenacres> and that's what I have a problem with, because in those logs you pasted to me, that's how you made it seem, and now I have to go back to NPO in disgrace and with my tail between my legs.

[16:58] <Slayer99[TPF]> No

[16:59] <Slayer99[TPF]> I told Moo it wasn't your fault

[16:59] <Slayer99[TPF]> That you thought we took care of that

00[16:59] <greenacres> you think you told him that, but that's not how it came off.

[16:59] <Slayer99[TPF]> I also told Crohl

00[17:00] <greenacres> you told him that OBM and I jumped the gun and went ahead and did this on our own, and that you were GOING to tell moo, but that .. again, we had jumped the gun and did all this on our own.

00[17:00] <greenacres> you made us look like fools

00[17:00] <greenacres> and you absolutely didn't have to do that.

[17:01] <Slayer99[TPF]> No

[17:02] <Slayer99[TPF]> I told him that I didn't communicate to OBM...which was my fault. He was operating under the assumption that we were all good to do this

[17:02] <Slayer99[TPF]> OBM was good with the explanation

[17:02] <Slayer99[TPF]> Seriously, I came off looking like a jackass, not you guys

00[17:04] <greenacres> except I have to go back to the NPO in disgrace as htough I'm a jackass. Why the hell would I want to stay there now, and I LIKED it there. I left only because you guys had offered me that position, and now I just look like a goddamned jackass, and for what? It wasn't that big of a deal, but you had to save face at the expensive of us.

[17:04] <Slayer99[TPF]> Green

[17:04] <Slayer99[TPF]> you don't

[17:04] <Slayer99[TPF]> Moo is cool with you going back

[17:05] <Slayer99[TPF]> He doesn't blame you

[17:05] <Slayer99[TPF]> at all

[17:05] <Slayer99[TPF]> he blames OBM and I

[17:05] <Slayer99[TPF]> More so me than anyone else

00[17:06] <greenacres> you're missing the point.. he might blame you, but I've still come off as looking like an incompetent jackass now

[17:07] <Slayer99[TPF]> Green, you don't come off as a jackass...not at all...I do...we poached you from NPO. From Moo's perspective you have it exactly right, you never would have left if it wasn't for us

[17:10] <Slayer99[TPF]> I think OBM chatted with Moo as well

[17:10] <Slayer99[TPF]> We took all the blame in this

[17:17] <Slayer99[TPF]> Green, it's not just me...it's TPF that came off looking badly...You do not...and the only thing I could do was apologize

Session Close: Wed Jan 23 17:25:47 2008

Session Start: Wed Jan 23 17:30:36 2008

Session Ident: Slayer99[TPF]

00[17:31] <greenacres> whatever you say still doesn't excuse the fact that you lied to save face when it was completely unnecessary. And despite your claims to the contrary, you did in fact make me look bad in the process.

Session Close: Wed Jan 23 17:31:24 2008

and that's the end of the logs.

So.. there you go.

And yet you had audacity to bring in IRON when you and VE screwed it amongst yourselves while with the decision already made you're going to screw the IRON treaty?

And to add class to it, you do it one day before your duty calls you. This post just makes the picture of betrayal more complete.

Sorry man, I'm not trying to troll you but I really don't understand this post.

You realize I am in GR, right?

At this point, who cares? It's long over and done with. It's just more proof that this community is now more based on hating your opponent and mocking them at every turn than friendship and fun. I know I wasn't told the whole story. Hell, most people usually don't get told the whole story for most anything in their life.

One of the few things I know is that I'm occasionally disgusted by the hatred I see on these forums. I can easily see why some players don't want to stick around. It's so toxic at times that even I can't stand it. Hopefully, this war can get some of this crappy attitude gone so people can start having fun again.

Ummm..... since when is war, debating/arguing, and even a bit of drama not fun? Personally this is the most fun Ive had since the last war. Im not even necessarily talking about the in game stuff but just here on OWF and in each of our respective alliances forums. I havent seen this much activity in a long time and Im glad for it. And, toxic? Gimme a break, if someone thinks a little naysaying is toxic then they either take the game too seriously or not enough. This is a political simulator, do you really think that things dont get like this in RL. lol. For anyone who likes to read, for anyone who likes RP, for anyone who likes to debate, these are the best of times. Paying bills, buying tech, and building your nation is nothing more than a buildup to this. This, is what it is all about.

My first in many victories!

Tonight I come to you to tell you that the 2nd strongest member of TPF is surrendering to me. There are a few technicalities to work out but I will be accepting his surrender as soon as he meets all of my terms. He was at 18,000 infra when the war started and I was but at a wee 12,800. Yet still he was brought to his knees in defeat.

So one down. Who's next TPF? You laugh me off Mhawk, but I think each day you start to realize how much of a threat I really am :D

A battle is won, but the war continues on, eternally!

Edited by Crohl

My first in many victories!

Tonight I come to you to tell you that the 2nd strongest member of TPF is surrendering to me. There are a few technicalities to work out but I will be accepting his surrender as soon as he meets all of my terms. He was at 18,000 infra when the war started and I was but at a wee 12,800. Yet still he was brought to his knees in defeat.

So one down. Who's next TPF? You laugh me off Mhawk, but I think each day you start to realize how much of a threat I really am :D

A battle is won, but the war continues on, eternally!

Thorr was always a puss.

No. ODN made that decision long before sides had been outlined. I know, ODN is an easy target and you like hitting them because it makes you look "cool." But maybe the incessant insults are not really neccesary.

A sad fact of life for ODN members, ODN hate is something we have had to live with for a while (admittedly due to our own errors) and i expect the hate to continue for some time to come.

I'm Karma and No I don't believe TPF should be disbanded. Also, TPF & I aren't buddies or much on that aspect. Forcing an alliance to disband that has never forced another one to is ridiculous. PC can have their own stance on the matter, but mine stands as above.

Forcing an alliance to disband that has never forced another one to is ridiculous.

You could not be possibly referring to TPF here. Or are you?

If so, go look up 'Norden Verein' in the wiki. It's ok, I'll wait.

See my point?

VI

P.S. I am against any alliance being forced to disband. And yes, I'm aware that 'you can't make them disband' but you sure as hell can make it so difficult to play that many find it's no longer worth it and leave.

You could not be possibly referring to TPF here. Or are you?

If so, go look up 'Norden Verein' in the wiki. It's ok, I'll wait.

See my point?

VI

P.S. I am against any alliance being forced to disband. And yes, I'm aware that 'you can't make them disband' but you sure as hell can make it so difficult to play that many find it's no longer worth it and leave.

To be honest I forgot about NV as it was one of my more less active tenures in CN. I wish TPF the best nonetheless you will get what you deserve. I just hope its not total disbandment.