LoSS restructuring

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ship is having some problems definitely..I am not directly related to any of the sides so I can't comment for sure. What I see here is disappointing behavior on LoSS's part, dumping numerous allies to join the other side.

I don't see this as disappointing behaviour nor as jumping ship. If you have numerous allies, maybe allies at 'both sides' of said 'conflict', and you agree with one 'side' more then with the other 'side', and when ties with one 'side' are better maintained, more friendly (lets say just better overall), why not cancel on the other 'side'?

Would you keep those treaties when you where not even going to honour them? Well, that Sir, would be dishonourable.

The ship is having some problems definitely..I am not directly related to any of the sides so I can't comment for sure. What I see here is disappointing behavior on LoSS's part, dumping numerous allies to join the other side.

Clearly LoSS doesn't consider them allies. Given their past history - I can understand why. And if you knew LoSS history as well as I do, you would realise that you don't have the right to claim LoSS is an alliance that jumps ship when their side looks like it's going to lose. LoSS has never done that in the past - in fact the opposite, on more than one occasion. I don't know how you even dare to claim otherwise.

Clearly LoSS doesn't consider them allies. Given their past history - I can understand why. And if you knew LoSS history as well as I do, you would realise that you don't have the right to claim LoSS is an alliance that jumps ship when their side looks like it's going to lose. LoSS has never done that in the past - in fact the opposite, on more than one occasion. I don't know how you even dare to claim otherwise.

For the sake of all fairness, they did do it once. But if they say they regret and believe this to be the way to get back to their roots improve themselves, as they have stated previously in the thread, then the courteous thing to do is wish them luck and see what they do with themselves.

I'm a bit taken aback here. First you guys come querying me demanding to know as our MDP partner any situations going on. So I tell you we are in talks with PC about a protectorate issue. You ask for a dow time, I tell you the answer. You guys ask for more ally information, I tell you. Minutes later you tell me you're canceling, 5 mins later I see the owf post.

[20:44]<jawayku> and that you're asking on behalf of LOSS

<jawayku> in accordance with our current MDP

are you DOWing PC tonight or tommorow

You suspend all your treaties, due to restructuring.... then minutes later sign a treaty with nemesis?

Honorable indeed.

It is already slightly suspect that you would suddenly have a change of heart and want to cancel all of your treaties. Perhaps it is truly as you have said, an attempt to join the "side" which you say better matches your personality while you still have the chance; if it is, I can't really fault that. It is quite a bit worse, however, if you tried to sneak military intel with you on your way out of a treaty relationship. Everyone tends to get excited about defections in the confusion leading up to a battle, but these are the kind of things that will stick with you for a long time afterward. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you have a decent explanation as to why mhawk's post doesn't show a large breech of trust that ought to shake the confidence of your present and future allies. What exactly happened in that conversation?

To all people publicly ranting LoSS: is it so hard to see an alliance do what it thinks needs to be done? It's almost shocking to see right, doing what you believe in?

Of course not, I think the issue is more why sign the treaties in the first place when they are dropped at the first sign that they might have to be honoured. This may not be the case but the timing is awfully unfortunate.

Of course not, I think the issue is more why sign the treaties in the first place when they are dropped at the first sign that they might have to be honoured. This may not be the case but the timing is awfully unfortunate.

Eg. the TORN - VE cancellation?

To all people publicly ranting LoSS: is it so hard to see an alliance do what it thinks needs to be done? It's almost shocking to see right, doing what you believe in?

This is a bad way to go about doing things, especially if what they think is right changed so suddenly affecting what 4-5 treaties at once.

@penguin - i doubt this was an attempt to steal military info, it sounds more like "who and when are you gonna go to war (with) so we know if we stick with you or not"

More than likely when those treaties were signed, LoSS felt that it could honor those treaties. Now, it feels it cannot, should war erupt, and so to avoid having to dishonor a treaty in wartime, it has nipped them in the bud before war comes.

More than likely when those treaties were signed, LoSS felt that it could honor those treaties. Now, it feels it cannot, should war erupt, and so to avoid having to dishonor a treaty in wartime, it has nipped them in the bud before war comes.

A sudden change of heart so close to a war, i won't buy this theory. It would have been better if LoSS would have just come out and said "we think our allies have a lesser chance of winning this war and so we can't be allied to them anymore as we love our infra so much"

Well if that's the case then sure, but the difference of opinion here is whether LoSS can't or won't honour the treaties.