You wanted action Reachwind?

I see no actual problem with helping an alliance rebuild after a war, its a some what noble purpose and cause, and will obviosuly build some relations. But this thread, as I beleive has been pointed out, is rather just a pointless cry for attention and utterly unneeded, if you want to help them rebuild then do it. Noble intentions are tarnished by the need for people to see you do those noble deeds.

I think that would have been the smart move. Politics FTW.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I was asking because about two weeks ago I left his trade circle and he made a threat :P I just blew it off though lol.

Perhaps you shouldn't have left without notice? Maybe next time you should bring it to the government attention. However, there are ways to get back at people, such as yourself, without military action.

Lucky for Nod, I'm not in any capacity to lunge my alliance into a war with them.

What is so bad? This announcement undermines the Order's war with the Central Defense Corps. It denounces our perfectly reasonable, justified casus belli as libelous "tyrannical bullying" and basically denies that the CDC has done anything wrong. This war was meant as a quick punitive action against the CDC. When they are told that they did nothing wrong and are paid reparations followed by the war, it sort of takes away the entire "punishing" aspect, don't you think?

Perhaps my brethren will be more forgiving (though I should hope not) than myself; but personally, I would have this Kallashnikov's communist head served to me on a platter for my victory dinner party in the ruined capital of Kane's territories.

The real problem with your argument is that We've repeatedly saw members of your alliance say that they don't need approval or validation from third parties to justify your CB. Now you seem to be saying that anyone who does not accept your CB is a potential enemy. I hope this is not the path your leadership will be taking, I'd expect a bit more rational thought from them.

Remember something NSO has already declared that this war will end in white peace when the war cycle is over, It seems you're wanting to make surrender terms after the fact.

Anyway to the OP, noble effort to offer help, but really this announcement could have at least waited until the war ends.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Mongrel

To those saying that Nod isn't taking action and are making fun of them for that reason, they are taking action, albeit in a peaceful way, unlike a lot of you would like, it seems. People here seem to want more war, though I do agree that war is exciting here on CN, I praise Nod for doing what they feel is right, and doing it in their own way.

All I can say is... Why bother? You're only going to bring negative attention to your alliance by offering support at the end of the battle and not offering to get your little paws dirty. If you're going to support an alliance, then fully support it.

Interesting to know that Nod supports alliances who spy.

One person spied, albeit a founder of the alliance and gov member, they're getting smacked around for it, please don't tar them all with the same brush.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, Nod's leader Allen Kalashnikov is friends with Bomberboy, he knows that they're unable to help out with regards military assistance, due to their size, treaty commitments, etc. and so has offered support in the only way he can, financially, after the war is over. I for one applaud this effort and I'm sure CDC are very greatful, despite the fact the topic title is ridiculously misleading.

To those saying that Nod isn't taking action and are making fun of them for that reason, they are taking action, albeit in a peaceful way, unlike a lot of you would like, it seems. People here seem to want more war, though I do agree that war is exciting here on CN, I praise Nod for doing what they feel is right, and doing it in their own way.

This is a good post, so what if they're not gonna throw away their pixels? they're gonna help their friend rebuild after the war is over, and that is a good thing.

One person spied, albeit a founder of the alliance and gov member, they're getting smacked around for it, please don't tar them all with the same brush.

As has been stated earlier in this thread, Nod's leader Allen Kalashnikov is friends with Bomberboy, he knows that they're unable to help out with regards military assistance, due to their size, treaty commitments, etc. and so has offered support in the only way he can, financially, after the war is over. I for one applaud this effort and I'm sure CDC are very greatful, despite the fact the topic title is ridiculously misleading.

Then maybe they shouldn't have said they support CDC during this war and called us bullies? :unsure:

All I can say is... Why bother? You're only going to bring negative attention to your alliance by offering support at the end of the battle and not offering to get your little paws dirty. If you're going to support an alliance, then fully support it.

Tactically, that would be a stupid thing to do. They want to support someone but they have no desire to be crushed for jumping into the middle of a war that technically has nothing to do with them, so sending aid after the war is a better option. It can also be argued that they'll have more of a positive effect by aiding after the war is over than instead of offering military service during it, when you take the size of their alliance into consideration.

It's amusing to see these types of comments, really. It took courage to offer to help out in this way when they didn't have any direct interest in the situation and that is something to be respected. If you skim read this announcement you could be forgiven for thinking that war is the only way you can help an alliance, even if it will achieve very little and get you into a whole lot of hurt, but I'm glad BoN actually engaged their brains before speaking even if the foaming masses here did not. That said, to say they're only going to get negative attention is ignorant when there have already been plenty of understanding comments from the independent observers in this thread.

Tactically, that would be a stupid thing to do. They want to support someone but they have no desire to be crushed for jumping into the middle of a war that technically has nothing to do with them, so sending aid after the war is a better option. It can also be argued that they'll have more of a positive effect by aiding after the war is over than instead of offering military service during it, when you take the size of their alliance into consideration.

It's amusing to see these types of comments, really. It took courage to offer to help out in this way when they didn't have any direct interest in the situation and that is something to be respected. If you skim read this announcement you could be forgiven for thinking that war is the only way you can help an alliance, even if it will achieve very little and get you into a whole lot of hurt, but I'm glad BoN actually engaged their brains before speaking even if the foaming masses here did not. That said, to say they're only going to get negative attention is ignorant when there have already been plenty of understanding comments from the independent observers in this thread.

Logically, it's stupid to publically support them in this war and call NSO bullies because that alliance was spying on NSO.

If they wanted positive PR they would have left that crap out and said they're going to help rebuild CDC because they're friends. Maybe you guys should be the ones rethinking instead of the "foaming masses" who understood this simple concept.

Logically, it's stupid to publically support them in this war and call NSO bullies because that alliance was spying on NSO.

If they wanted positive PR they would have left that crap out and said they're going to help rebuild CDC because they're friends. Maybe you guys should be the ones rethinking instead of the "foaming masses" who understood this simple concept.

Why should he leave the 'crap' out? He expressed distaste for your war in the 'Ready for the truth?' thread and was then repeatedly goaded by NSO. You guys made it a bigger issue than it needed to be with the posturing and the attempts to shut up anyone who asked questions there, and you repeatedly told him to do something about it. And now that he did (although perhaps it wasn't the declaration of war from the 77k alliance that you'd hoped for) you're complaining about that too.

It's obvious that you're annoyed that he spoke out (and then acted) against you, but if you expect everyone to just shut up and hail a CB after providing no public evidence of it then you're living in a by-gone age. People ask questions now, and if you then respond to those questions with hostility and aggravation then it's obviously going to escalate. I'm actually surprised you need to be told this, given how experienced you all are.

Why should he leave the 'crap' out? He expressed distaste for your war in the 'Ready for the truth?' thread and was then repeatedly goaded by NSO. You guys made it a bigger issue than it needed to be with the posturing and the attempts to shut up anyone who asked questions there, and you repeatedly told him to do something about it. And now that he did (although perhaps it wasn't the declaration of war from the 77k alliance that you'd hoped for) you're complaining about that too.

It's obvious that you're annoyed that he spoke out (and then acted) against you, but if you expect everyone to just shut up and hail a CB after providing no public evidence of it then you're living in a by-gone age. People ask questions now, and if you then respond to those questions with hostility and aggravation then it's obviously going to escalate. I'm actually surprised you need to be told this, given how experienced you all are.

I believe the only posturing was done by him, NSO is fighting. Of course he was challenged by us, he tried to publicly support an alliance who was SPYING on us. I'd love to see what you would do in that situation honestly.

And of course we're annoyed, and amused, at this action. Heck even NPO was when we talked to them about it. You're also dense if you think this thread is about public evidence or not, and are sidestepping the issue. But, I'll humor you. Our CB was presented to our allies and TOOL (CDC's temp protectorate) and accepted as valid proof. Heck youwish posted it by mistake and was told to take it down because it showed IPs. I'm sorry I don't want to give you our proof of a spy's screenshot of our private forums. Anything else, or are you done posting just for the sake of posting?

edit: To quote heft

A number of screenshots of our forums ended up on a foreign forum. The person who posted them turned out to be Hilltopper. To show you the evidence would involve showing a screenshot of our own forums, of the forum they were posted on, and of the identifying information of Hilltopper. We're not likely to put any of those three things in a public area.
Edited by WarriorConcept

I believe the only posturing was done by him, NSO is fighting. Of course he was challenged by us, he tried to publicly support an alliance who was SPYING on us. I'd love to see what you would do in that situation honestly.

In that situation I'd probably ignore him, especially if I'd made a big deal out of not presenting the evidence beforehand because I didn't care about what people thought.

And of course we're annoyed, and amused, at this action. Heck even NPO was when we talked to them about it. You're also dense if you think this thread is about public evidence or not, and are sidestepping the issue. But, I'll humor you. Our CB was presented to our allies and TOOL (CDC's temp protectorate) and accepted as valid proof. Heck youwish posted it by mistake and was told to take it down because it showed IPs. I'm sorry I don't want to give you our proof of a spy's screenshot of our private forums. Anything else, or are you done posting just for the sake of posting?

edit: To quote heft

Your reason for removing the evidence was not cited as concerns over rule breaking, but as 'the uninvolved deserve nothing'. Anyway, thank you for the explanation of the CB, but I wasn't questioning it's validity, rather the fact that you chose to be hostile instead of trying to explaining it when AllenK of BoN raised questions about it. If you'd explained it to him in the way you just did to me instead of giving out the 'do something about it garbage' we might not even be in this thread right now.

There is nothing else, I'm done.

In that situation I'd probably ignore him, especially if I'd made a big deal out of not presenting the evidence beforehand because I didn't care about what people thought.

Your reason for removing the evidence was not cited as concerns over rule breaking, but as 'the uninvolved deserve nothing'. Anyway, thank you for the explanation of the CB, but I wasn't questioning it's validity, rather the fact that you chose to be hostile instead of trying to explaining it when AllenK of BoN raised questions about it. If you'd explained it to him in the way you just did to me instead of giving out the 'do something about it garbage' we might not even be in this thread right now.

There is nothing else, I'm done.

We are ignoring him as long as he doesn't interfere in our current war. However we, and the rest of planet bob here, still enjoying calling people out on bad PR stunts.

Also you're correct, uninvolved parties do deserve nothing. Youwish posted it against orders but it couldn't stay on because it broke the rules anyway. Also, all of this had been stated in that thread. Just because he lacks reading comprehension and tried to act like superman doesn't mean we won't call him out on it.