TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

Just 3?

Duin it wrong.

Also, terveis/Doc/Felix pretty much said what I was gonna say.

WE WERE A SMALL ALLIANCE WITH A SMALLER NUMBER OF ACTIVE POSTERS WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME. However, the private IRC channel, now thats where the real hate when down... sometimes in our public channel too, as Im sure regulars can recall.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE WERE A SMALL ALLIANCE WITH A SMALLER NUMBER OF ACTIVE POSTERS WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME. However, the private IRC channel, now thats where the real hate when down... sometimes in our public channel too, as Im sure regulars can recall.

Did you try enraging your unactive posters, so that they may also partake the hatefests?

I'd consider their "reporting" more akin to one of the grocery store tabloids that seem to have inundated my nation's cities with stories of visitors from outer space and me being pregnant or was it me being pregnant with an alien. I can't remember.

Those types of reports lack facts or evidence. The report has facts in it. Would you please point out how the shown information is factually incorrect? Citadel has made no denial of the logs being true.

I remember you ripping on TDSM8 in #tdsm8. I thought it was good that you could express your feelings in your public channel without being rolled by the offended alliance.

Did you try enraging your unactive posters, so that they may also partake the hatefests?

Yes, I made fun of them often. But all they did was make posts about hating me and resigning and then never posted again. :mellow:

I remember you ripping on TDSM8 in #tdsm8. I thought it was good that you could express your feelings in your public channel without being rolled by the offended alliance.

Yeah, luckily we had well connected allies like MK to protect us from those fiends and their cronies.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

Those types of reports lack facts or evidence. The report has facts in it. Would you please point out how the shown information is factually incorrect? Citadel has made no denial of the logs being true.

How about the unfounded allegation that Reyne is an NPO spy in the Citadel?

One of the best things about the gremlins (and I borrowed it when writing the original poison clan charter) was their freedom of speech. I think people should be allowed to express their opinions, even to allies, as long as it's not outright flaming. You can disagree and still be friends, afterall, and I think more alliances should take that approach to their speech and to their dealings with other alliances. Because, afterall, just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them your enemy.

edited because I'm stupid.

Just a comment. Most alliances I see allow for free speech and people to express their opinion. However, you can find yourself isolated in the alliance and other less noticeable punishments. Most alliances won't outright ban an opinion, but they will express their discontent with you choosing a certain opinion.

I don't think the OP accused her of being an NPO spy, but I probably missed that comment or point in the OP. I thought I recalled something about keeping Reyne in Citadel so NPO knows what's going on, but I can't recall that being in the OP???

... *go reads OP over*

I remember the old TDSM8 boards, we had several threads just labeled "I hate ________" in which we just ragged on the alliance for a good 3 pages. Im gonna go ahead and agree with Doch... just this once though, I dont intend to me a habit out of it. :ph34r:

Should I feel weird because GR doesn't/has never done that? >_<

Just a comment. Most alliances I see allow for free speech and people to express their opinion. However, you can find yourself isolated in the alliance and other less noticeable punishments. Most alliances won't outright ban an opinion, but they will express their discontent with you choosing a certain opinion.

the free speech I meant, and I think it may still be in their charter, was for everywhere. These boards, pc boards, irc, didn't matter.. so long as you weren't outright flaming. Because, let's be honest, what people around here consider to be flaming is usually just them disagreeing with whatever they have to say. Everyone here is overly sensitive and quick to showcase their "might"

Of course it's not, it's designed to be propaganda to further their cause. Just as the Vladimir's essays and other NPO publications are propaganda. That doesn't mean any of it is necessarily bad, it just means it should all be taken with a grain of salt and that you shouldn't blindly trust what anyone says in such publications but analyze them critically.

Also @ Hizzy. I think the point is that they are accurate, but they are presented as unnecessarily abrasive and harsh, designed to shock people who aren't used to it while within Citadel expressing sentiments that way is accepted practice.

The problem with people claiming this is an "accepted practice" is that we have no way of knowing if its true or not. Citadel has every reason to want to construe this as "normal behavior" to limit the effect this publication has on Citadel. Standard alliance interactions do not sound like this, and what evidence do we have that the Citadel forums are significantly different than standard alliance interaction other than the words of people who have every reason to lie?

I understand people like to keep their boards private, but surely Citadel has a few examples of this type of behavior from other members about nonsensitive/old information. It would go a very long way toward proving that this really is Citadel normal behavior.

I don't think the OP accused her of being an NPO spy, but I probably missed that comment or point in the OP. I thought I recalled something about keeping Reyne in Citadel so NPO knows what's going on, but I can't recall that being in the OP???

... *go reads OP over*

Well.

". . . And for the fact that NPO needs to know everything that goes on in Citadel and I'm happy to deliver. . . "

I don't really see any other way to interpret that remark.

I don't think Invicta's ever had any threads devoted to rude remarks about other alliances. Now I suddenly feel more civilized. :D

I don't think Invicta's ever had any threads devoted to rude remarks about other alliances. Now I suddenly feel more civilized. :D

You sir, are missing out. I just dont see how you cant with such comedic gold mines laying around this game.

Also, I doubt he was claiming she was a spy as much as he was saying he was informing them of what was going on within the Citadel cause NPO needs to know that.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

you do realize that every single alliance out there does the same exact thing on their private forums. hence why they are considered private forums and not public.

That's not the point.

The point is, that those references are TOTALLY in context, and reflect upon her character, and her views. To say they are "out of context" or that she isn't at all being abrasive to any group is ridiculous.

Electron Sponge no doubt said tons of things in private places that were leaked and then used AGAINST him, but instead of talking about "context" or the "privacy" he deserved, Polar was attacked. Some of the evidence included were, of course, screenshots of Polar's private forums. Somehow this is different?

My last post here.

Thats just ridicilous. She 'offended' Vanguard in closed forums, when she was talking with her friends. It was not meant to offend anyone, nor it was meant that Vanguard would hear that. If someone does not like me, or my alliance, and he tells it in his alliance forums, why should i care? If he says something like "we will destroy them eventually" or "when they are isolated we will get them" things of course change, but saying something like "terveis, he has the ugliest avatar ever, and he cant spell english even if his live depends on it" does not bother me one bit.

Imho its refreshing that i have a ally, who tells me how things are in her perspective. If something, i would hope there would be more rulers like Reyne(or Sponge) here in our planet.

It doesn't matter if they can hear it or not, it matters that, that is her view.

Also, to show yourself as brave, you don't post obvious derogatory comments in private forums, you say them publicly. For example "Vanguard have been #$#$%heads," well, it's quite obvious what the comment here means. That is obviously meant offensively, and now is in the public eye to observe. There is NO way to misconstrue that. Absolutely none.

She then even goes as far as to say that because of all the discussion in those threads to "chalk another one up for Vox," and as far as we know, Ryene REALLY hates us.

the free speech I meant, and I think it may still be in their charter, was for everywhere. These boards, pc boards, irc, didn't matter.. so long as you weren't outright flaming. Because, let's be honest, what people around here consider to be flaming is usually just them disagreeing with whatever they have to say. Everyone here is overly sensitive and quick to showcase their "might"

And as I said, most alliances will let you do this. They will just make things more difficult for you within the alliance(I believe Doitzel encountered some of this in the NPO) or if its bad enough, they will look for other excuses to get you out.

And as I said, most alliances will let you do this. They will just make things more difficult for you within the alliance(I believe Doitzel encountered some of this in the NPO) or if its bad enough, they will look for other excuses to get you out.

Most alliances don't let you get away with doing it towards allies, because people are overly sensitive about the slightest disagreement. And that's the thing though, they're NOT letting you do it if they're putting obstacles in your way (either by making life difficult for you) or will try to force you out. There's nothing free about it in an alliance like that.

Well.

I don't really see any other way to interpret that remark.

Yeah that quote is confusing in the OP because Schatt makes it seem like it was a quote from Reyne, but the way it was formatted it appears just to be a 'thought' quote from Schatt.

Indeed, that would be an unfounded accusation as that is just speculation that she serves the NPO 'secretly'.

Point noted

:)

Well, considering, that Reyne and I get along as much as oil and water, and she'd probably agree with that (maybe the only thing we've agreed on). I am not here defending anyone. I am however pointing out the hypocrisy of Vox fighting for the right to open and honest communication, yet they slam and "showcase" a group that allows it.

Showcasing Reyne's abbrassive stances on ... everything does not equal "slamming" Citadel for allowing people to scream like harpies on their boards. You're a grownup, you know that.

Are they really slamming The Citidel?

Bilrow mounted his white stalli-- oh wait, he's already a unicorn.

I'd consider their "reporting" more akin to one of the grocery store tabloids that seem to have inundated my nation's cities with stories of visitors from outer space and me being pregnant or was it me being pregnant with an alien. I can't remember.

I should think that people presses in your nation would have more fun reporting on the fact that you're THE Unicorn than on making up more mundane stories. "King Bilrow yet again seen galavanting and trotting around the royal stables with a cotton candy holder taped to his head . . ."

How can they be in context when you can only see her posts?

You must have been looking at the screencaptures from another thread. All the ones in this one have context though quotes included in the shot, or notations on what the discussion is about from me.

From what I remember we were woefully unprepared for war. We simply ran out of money after about the 3rd or 4th day, and I sent out, being one of the top guys (in terms of NS) more aid than their banks did, just to keep people in the fight. I'm not sure about a first day surrender, but TPF wouldn't have lasted too much longer than the week it was in the fight, just because of the lack of funds. And I'm not even trying to spin that, there simply wasn't money in the fight, since this was at a time when warchests weren't the norm (no one had really learned from FAN yet.) EVEN THOUGH I TOLD YOU GUYS TO SAVE MONEY :).

again, anyway.

Crapolia's war declaration agaisnt Slyer99 was "here's your 18 mil" for a reason

My last post here.

Thats just ridicilous. She 'offended' Vanguard in closed forums, when she was talking with her friends. It was not meant to offend anyone, nor it was meant that Vanguard would hear that. If someone does not like me, or my alliance, and he tells it in his alliance forums, why should i care? If he says something like "we will destroy them eventually" or "when they are isolated we will get them" things of course change, but saying something like "terveis, he has the ugliest avatar ever, and he cant spell english even if his live depends on it" does not bother me one bit.

Imho its refreshing that i have a ally, who tells me how things are in her perspective. If something, i would hope there would be more rulers like Reyne(or Sponge) here in our planet.

You've pick a peck of pickled WRONG there, buddy.

1. If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound? Offensive remarks that make a point of being offensive are offensive whether or not the object hears them.

2. NpO was attacked based on their non-offensive (by your reasoning) internal, private comments. Other alliances have also been attacked due to the same circumstances. Whether you think it's ok to trash people on a "private" forum or not, the people in power have already ruled against you in that case.

3. There's a difference between having an ally that tells you how things are in their perspective and having an ally that goes out of her way to show her $@! every time she is in disagreement. Reyne goes out of her way to show her $@! about things; that doesn't tell anyone what she thinks, it tells people what she's like as a person.

next time infiltrate the TOP Boards please and leak discussions between Saber and me, or, if you cant do that, some stuff from the Citadel Senior Areas, preferrable Saber/Crymson vs me/BobJanova. THATS fun to read.

What you posted so far is *nothing*, thats lowest security level base membership daily talk. :P

Oh, trust me, I know what kind of verbal turds Saber takes delight in extruding.

threads like this really make me want to go active again, if only to make some 'powerful' people bite their fingernails what I will 'do' this time ^^

Why, DAC, take a look at the screens, Reyne, a "powerful person", already made it known how she feels about your return to Gremlins. She showed her $@! about it (surprise)

Reyne has commented (I believe it's in the set that SPonge will release) that part of the reason she's in Citadel is to "make sure nothing happens" Furthermore, if she does not keep Q/NPO apprised of certain aspects of Citadel discussions, then she is in violation of those treaties. Much like Lord Boris, superspy extraordinairre, became Planet Bob's Man of the Month when he took screenshots of treaty discussions that he thought allies should be aware of--so that they could attack the people he was negotiating with. Spying might be a grayscale, but it's all spying.

Actually it is a belief shared by many.

And as you state it is still just a belief. I could have said the same thing about those who have beliefs opposite of yours. That would be redundent and silly though.

No he hasn't. [OOC] He's posted a link to a video which people outside of the US can't access [OOC]

[OOC] It's from Sealab if you can't see it. [OOC]

Also anti EZI treaties? Not very world shaking.

I did do a double take at the embassy thing, though.

Edited by Joe Kremlin