TWiP and Tattler Present: Reyne Mordigan's Greatest Hits

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hamburger for lunch tomorrow in the Ministry of Science cafeteria.

Sounds tasty, does it come with a side salad?

Will the full menu be available in the next TWiP?

Edited by James Dahl

No u

Comrade, please seek out Moo, give him my warm, personal regards, then inform him that you placed me in the position on agreeing with Electron Sponge in a thread.

Beforehand, you should be aware that I'd rather eat aluminum cans than agree with Sponge on anything.

Bring knee pads.

Comrade, please seek out Moo, give him my warm, personal regards, then inform him that you placed me in the position on agreeing with Electron Sponge in a thread.

Beforehand, you should be aware that I'd rather eat aluminum cans than agree with Sponge on anything.

Bring knee pads.

I shall do precisely that, good sir.

If you'd prefer the cans, would you like your aluminum cans with a tasty Hegemonist burger, or the MegaAros-babies cobb salad?

You should be able to find our top secret brunch specials in The Tattler!

Edited by James Dahl

Look, I really dont care too much how you conduct your diplomatic discussions. Its really not a new tactic to have a charismatic female as one's diplomat in worlds such as this. The point was, Reyne obviously is not always charismatic and charming as those screenshots show. The argument can be flipped in that if you say her actions in those screenshots are irrelevant due to her charming nature at other times then it can also be said that her charming nature at other times can be irrelevant due to her nature that is shown at times behind closed doors, such as in those screenshots.

I am not saying such is unusual or worthy of being crucified over but the white knight responses in her favor come off just as biased as the OP is claimed to be.

I never said her way with words in the screens was irrelevant, just that it appeared to me that this was SOP for the inner workings of Citadel.

Never said Shatternamamaman was biased either, figured that was a given.

Purely a glimpse into my dealings with Reyne.

....do I get a horse with my Knighthood ?

Sounds tasty, does it come with a side salad?

Will the full menu be available in the next TWiP?

I have a feeling that the tome containing the Sir Paul Accords is about to get dusted off.

I never said her way with words in the screens was irrelevant, just that it appeared to me that this was SOP for the inner workings of Citadel.

I understand, my apologies if you felt I was putting that on all of you. I must confess, I was using your statements to reference in a statement to many others whom have taken part in this thread.

In fact I think we are pretty much in agreement. A diplomat acts like a diplomat when on the job and like themselves behind closed doors. I don't really care how she acts within the Citidel. There are others though that may not feel the same way though and that is their right.

Edited by HeinousOne

No, you get absolutely nothing. That's part of the deal with being a white knight.

So she thinks vanguard is full of suck, so what, so do I.....'cept for that Stumpy fella, he seems ok.

Man up, or turn in the card fellas.

Truthiness is good, and in lue of a better word, denial blows.

I'm glad we're all on the same page as far as loving each other, we at Vanguard think the utmost of TPF, and yourself. After all, we're also formed on the basis of war deserters, seeking protection in a puppet alliance set up by our attackers. If anybody in CN is wondering how to be revered by the good folks of Vanguard, the above method is the way to go about it.

Also, the Denial jokes were old about a year ago. You should come up with some other jokes based on a few of our former identities to keep it fresh.

Edit: One of our nations has wang in it's name. Maybe Vanguard SUCKS TEH WANG!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Rafael Nadal

I shall do precisely that, good sir.

If you'd prefer the cans, would you like your aluminum cans with a tasty Hegemonist burger, or the MegaAros-babies cobb salad?

You should be able to find our top secret brunch specials in The Tattler!

It's very hard to gain a spot on my ignore list. Very few have done it. Congrats. Your one of the few.

I just don't understand how people of so little relevance and people who get things so wrong draw so much attention. It is counter intuitive or someone is telling porkies.

Because people like you come in this thread just to tell us how irrelevant we are EVERY WEEK.

I'd rather you ate the cans too. :P

But of course...

Sad when we agree on something. Tells me something just isn't right with Planet Bob. NPO people coming in here and saying "no u"? My God man, next thing you know ODN will DoW on someone for lulz. Where are the standards?

So she thinks vanguard is full of suck, so what, so do I.....'cept for that Stumpy fella, he seems ok.

Man up, or turn in the card fellas.

Heh, man up or turn in the cards? I daresay you and yours are the ones full of hatred for my kind. We're just merely growing and making friends, while pointing out the hypocrisies and foolishness of today's politics. We're content to stay that course. If anything, I'd say the cards are in your hands to do something about it.

And you know, if you ever grow the spine to do something that bold (and actually stay in the war to see its end), I'll be the first to come to you about a proposal for TotalVanguard!

Heh, man up or turn in the cards? I daresay you and yours are the ones full of hatred for my kind. We're just merely growing and making friends, while pointing out the hypocrisies and foolishness of today's politics. We're content to stay that course. If anything, I'd say the cards are in your hands to do something about it.

And you know, if you ever grow the spine to do something that bold (and actually stay in the war to see its end), I'll be the first to come to you about a proposal for TotalVanguard!

It is indeed delicious irony that someone from TPF, born of betrayal as TotalFarkistan and surviving through betrayal with their first-night surrender offer to Polar in the Unjust War, would deign to tell anyone else to 'man up' when they've gotten by on deceit and sycophancy since day 1.

The whole irrelevance argument again? Really?

Your either agreeing with me, which isn't clear, or you completely misconstrued the content of my post and missed the irony of my content.

edit: Cheers WarriorConcept.

On a side note it appears Nindertek didn't. Agreeing with Vox on anything is really hard, in future I'll post my usual way then add a foot note :)

Edited by cowen70

Also, the Denial jokes were old about a year ago. You should come up with some other jokes based on a few of our former identities to keep it fresh.

Edit: One of our nations has wang in it's name. Maybe Vanguard SUCKS TEH WANG!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!

It's as though two years never went by :awesome:

Seriously, guys, big bad LUE is gone. There's a handful of former members in quite a few alliances, and none of them have done anything that can be seen as a continuation of LUE. Vanguard is no exception. Isn't it ironic that the people who cling to the ghost of LUE are the ones who wanted it gone the most?

Why is it that everyone I talk to lately hates everything about my alliance but me? Im starting to get the impression that my enemies like me for a reason... its worrisome to say the least... maybe Im some secret weapon.

Come on dude, that was over two years ago. TWO years ago. I disliked LUE as much as any self respecting GOONS lover but now Im sharing an alliance under Revanche. What does this say? It says that people change, and the old "lolLUE" card has long since been removed from the deck.

It is indeed delicious irony that someone from TPF, born of betrayal as TotalFarkistan and surviving through betrayal with their first-night surrender offer to Polar in the Unjust War, would deign to tell anyone else to 'man up' when they've gotten by on deceit and sycophancy since day 1.

Oh mon petit éponge. I think all that whiskey mentioned in another post has impacted your memory on the second of those events. Or, in classic Eponginist style, you are very subtly seeking to confirm events that many on the other side believe already. Alas, before you say that I speak of what I do not know, remember, I was there. Seeing your assistance earlier in helping others in their grammar and sentence structure, let me help you with your psyops - Confirmation Bias or better yet, Gaslighting.

Both those terms are directly relevant to the OP and seek only to clarify the wonder that is TwIP.

Ok, those that are finding fault in Reyne using her gender to advance herself need to get a reality check.

If she can get concessions out of you that you wouldn't normally give just by playing the bosom card, then that is more of a weakness on your part than hers.

That she can have such an influence on your decisions to ally with her or to work with her, just by being female, I'd say that was more of an asset to an alliance than a downfall.

Not to mention why should she hide her gender? Being female is nothing to be ashamed of and admitting such is not asking for such scorn. Being a woman is not some deficiency or a disability. We shouldn't expect to get special treatment for being female, we should be able to admit such and still be treated as an equal.

I've noticed that if you aren't the cutsey type, then all the attention being female gets you can make you develope a thick skin very quickly. I'm not at all surprised that she would feel the need to vent and show a hard front with her peers. Making people fear your bad temper is our way of trying to stop the mass pms asking for dates or pics.

People react differently of course, but thats my opnion on why some behave in such a way.

Oh mon petit éponge. I think all that whiskey mentioned in another post has impacted your memory on the second of those events. Or, in classic Eponginist style, you are very subtly seeking to confirm events that many on the other side believe already. Alas, before you say that I speak of what I do not know, remember, I was there. Seeing your assistance earlier in helping others in their grammar and sentence structure, let me help you with your psyops - Confirmation Bias or better yet, Gaslighting.

Both those terms are directly relevant to the OP and seek only to clarify the wonder that is TwIP.

Say what you will, everything you just quoted me saying is the absolute truth. I will note with some degree of glee that you didn't outright deny my version of things.

If something is true, confirmation bias is simply reaffirmation and not something more nefarious. Gaslighting is more the Continuum modus operandi - I have no means to intimidate people into believing anything. All I have is my word. If I am found to be a liar, then my word means nothing and my only weapon is destroyed. Of course some of the people on your side accuse me of lying all the time, and of fabricating information. Those accusations have been found to be entirely false in every instance, however. Lies, in fact! Delicious, isn't it?

If she can get concessions out of you that you wouldn't normally give just by playing the bosom card, then that is more of a weakness on your part than hers.

I don't think anyone is saying being a woman in and of itself is a weakness. I'd say that a woman who has to stoop to playing that card is weak due to her use of that tactic instead of her intellect and God-given talents. Sure, the fanboys who fawn all over someone who is a woman are pretty darn weak too. But let's not turn someone into a victim who really isn't one at all - and could be said to be the perpetrator of a victimization.

I don't think anyone is saying being a woman in and of itself is a weakness. I'd say that a woman who has to stoop to playing that card is weak due to her use of that tactic instead of her intellect and God-given talents. Sure, the fanboys who fawn all over someone who is a woman are pretty darn weak too. But let's not turn someone into a victim who really isn't one at all - and could be said to be the perpetrator of a victimization.

Reyne has never seriously played that style (the OP should pretty conclusively settle that, if nothing else). In fact, I don't think there are very many who have played like that that have risen to the "top" and managed to stay there nearly as long as she has. Probably related to what you said about that sort of player not generally having the same skills or talents and using her gender basically as a crutch.

I understand James's real trap, and I'd explain it, but

This thread is not about grammar.
I don't think anyone is saying being a woman in and of itself is a weakness. I'd say that a woman who has to stoop to playing that card is weak due to her use of that tactic instead of her intellect and God-given talents.

When does Reyne ever play that card, exactly?