Announcement from the Viridian Entente

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck VE, you may need it.

They don't need luck.

Canceling treaties is one thing, insulting former partners that have done a great deal with and for you on the way out is another. Hope the air is nice and crisp up in that tower, VE.

Sometimes the truth hurts, that doesn't make it any less true.

Good show VE.

Just because it is done poetically and in statements of further policy doesn't mean it isn't obvious what is meant. Did this announcement require the statements:

The message was clear.

Yes it did. Cancellations for no reason are bad. Justification are good.

I think most would agree it wasn't an insult. It was simply, the truth.

Just because it is done poetically and in statements of further policy doesn't mean it isn't obvious what is meant. Did this announcement require the statements:

The message was clear.

So VE not wanting to be a second tier ally is an insult? That's my interpretation of it. And no, I don't see the point of denying that their a tier system amongst the alliances that make up the hegemony. There are simply too many for all of you to be equals, and you are incredibly naive if you believe that we are all naive enough to believe just that.

The message was clear.

Your kidding right?

VE was saying how they dont want to be used, dont want allies who wont help in times of need, and they want honest allies.

Thats an insult?

If anything they are canceling because they were insulted by some sort of combination of the stated reasons.

On a semi related Note, the Viridian Entente wishes to issue the following message to The International,

It has become clear to us that there may be a misconception on how we view our actions in the recent interactions between our two alliances. At the onset, we confronted you undiplomatically and in a generally “not very nice” tone. This was unwarranted and brought about not by you, but by personal stresses. We recognize that this attitude played a role in Craig’s actions that culminated in his issuance of a personal apology. For this, and by our own accord, we wish to extend to you our most sincere apology, and we truly hope that one day we can start on a fresh slate and see each other as we truly are.

VE, i want to carry your babies.

Blatant or not, if you read between the lines, the insults are there.

Or, you know, you're blowing it out of proportion and simply can't handle the truth because you are used to being spoon-fed by your government about how your alliance is completely and totally infallible?

EDIT: you're, your. Same difference. :v

Edited by MercyFallout

• The Viridian Entente does not wish to be allied to those whose support will only be given when they deem fit.
  • The Viridian Entente does not wish to be allied to those who attempt to use political pressure to influence our sovereign actions.
  • The Viridian Entente does not wish to be allied to those who cannot be honest, forthright, and frank with us about their intentions and reasoning.

I agree with these statements. However pretending that the alliances that were canceled on and their allies are the only ones who do these things is frankly over simplistic and inaccurate.

Or, you know, you're blowing it out of proportion and simply can't handle the truth because you are used to being spoon-fed by your government about how your alliance is completely and totally infallible?

This is pretty funny.

You ought to do a little reading and find out who Anu is. He's not getting spoonfed by NATO government. His signature is on the Mobius Accords (as he was then Secretary General of NATO). He's currently the High Councilor Potentia of NATO. (That is, a triumvir for those of you not used to NATO's system of government.)

As for the rest of you. If someone accused me of treating them as a second-tier ally, I'd feel insulted.

Wouldn't you?

I agree with these statements. However pretending that the alliances that were canceled on and their allies are the only ones who do these things is frankly over simplistic and inaccurate.

No ones pretending no one else does.

However, there are no existing treaties with anyone else whom they feel treat them second rate - therefore no need to call attention to or cancel other said treaties.

Unless you want them to publicly declare a list of alliances whom shouldn't even bother attempting relations. Then I'm sure you could be presented a more complete list. <_<

Edited by Rayvon

EDIT: you're, your. Same difference. :v

Or, you know, I was just making a comment as to what I observed. The government of TORN has not stated anything regarding this matter in public or private, so maybe you should think twice before insulting alliances.

Edited by the great sam

However pretending that the alliances that were canceled on and their allies are the only ones who do these things is frankly over simplistic and inaccurate.

What are you talking about....? They commented on their allies and former allies, why would they comment on anyone else?

This is pretty funny.

You ought to do a little reading and find out who Anu is. He's not getting spoonfed by NATO government. His signature is on the Mobius Accords (as he was then Secretary General of NATO). He's currently the High Councilor Potentia of NATO. (That is, a triumvir for those of you not used to NATO's system of government.)

As for the rest of you. If someone accused me of treating them as a second-tier ally, I'd feel insulted.

Wouldn't you?

Not if I had been treating them as a second tier ally.