Change

Starbuck

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change will provide it's own catalyst, whether you are or are not that catalyst, remains to be unseen. Here is a real question for you though, are your policies a change? or does the larger society simply make an exception to the methods FAN and Vox have established, when used by you simply because the larger society wishes to integrate you into its self.

Catalyst = Someone or something that helps or encourages progress or change.

Change cannot provide its own catalyst. It has been repeatedly said that we will be taking the third route: survival and advancement. If we are called into a war, we will honor our treaties. Why? Our treaties are worth more than the paper they are printed on, something many (many) alliances cannot say. We realized that by accepting everyone, we were inviting trouble so we changed our ways. We will evolve and change as the situation needs it. If something else "changes" because of us, it will be people who see the common sense in honor and integrity.

(obligatory :wub: TCB :wub: )

The Dark Side only exists if you leave the light off, even the pledge of the Sith shows a desire of being complete, only with balance can you find your center ;)

We don't need a center.

We only need the Dark Side.

Edited by Sargun

My intention with this tread was to get the opinion of others, so I will step out of the topic, if any one wishes to continue the derailed discussion Pm me or look me up on IRC, I if I am on I will be in #NSO

I don't necessarily think NSO will change CN, just the reaction that the current hegemony will take on in regards TO NSO.

I think we all have our own opinions whether we're in a position of power or not on that reaction, so I'll leave it at that and let you all use your imaginations. For my answer would have been greeted with nothing but flame and troll from said current hegemony :).

I get the feeling that the New Sith Order is like a legalized, roided version of Vox Populi. They have a gimmicky though transcendent image, powerful personalities, and a stated agenda to do things "a different way". This to me means a non-hegemonic way, though granted it could be interpreted to mean something completely different. So based on this I'd say that the "change we can believe in" is a shift away from a uni-polar political system that will allow the Vox's of this world a place to build in peace and prosperity. This can either be achieved through hard or soft political power, but I don't reckon that the NPO will just back down without putting up a hell of a fight.

It haven't changed much except for the addition of a new alliance. I hope that it's a good addition, and it'll bring about new thoughts and a little perspective on our current political climate. I'm hoping that Ivan is just settling in before he starts to orchestra the next big move after another.

I don't think I've seen a topic go off-topic so fast.

Epic bad metaphors ITT. :P

Seriously, I think NSO is going to be successful, but not as quickly as some have projected. Some (not all by any means, but some) joined on a whim, and members who do that rarely stick around. I foresee a small dropoff, then a slow and steady rise.

-Bama

If you want a change, join NSO. Otherwise it's not our job to change anyone outside our wall's lifestyles. You guys created this life of stagnation, you live in it or man up and try something new.

Do you not owe your allies change?

Those who weren't capable of ruling the old world, now rule the new world.

In the old world you had to fight for you position on the world stage. In the new world, you just have to be obedient to the right people for long enough to stake a claim. Unless they stake a claim on you. (GGA's position)

It is evident that most of the players that joined NSO have trouble accepting the world as it is today. I know that is the case for me and it evident from my posting record in the last year or so, whenever I've been around.

I read somewhere that someone said we are a sort of institutionalized version of Vox. No offense to my friends with the ski masks down there, but what I see and like about the alliance is that this is no coalition of old, tired players. There is a vibrant component of people who have not seen what I have seen. They are the true heart of the alliance, not the old guys at the top. There is a lot of energy and desire to grow. There is also the feeling that there is something special about this alliance that others do not seem to have.

But it is naive to believe that a two week old alliance will be able to challenge established power structures. We need to adjust internally before any grandiose plans can be set in motion. It is going to take time and I hope we won't disappoint our own members and the community at large.

Even a seemingly frozen river has current underneath, just because you can't see the change does not mean that it does not exist. Your Order is simply a rock in the river, changing the course of a small portion of the flow, not the over all current, or at least that is my take on the NSO.

Friend; two years. Two years.

That's how long the status quo has remained unchanged.

A few adjustments to the game mechanics, a few much-needed additions in the form of navies and wonders, and frequent curbstomps.

Aside from these, nothing much about this game has changed; this current that you speak of must be the slowest possible drift in the world.

I applaud anyone who decides to ignore the status quo and do things their own way. o/

Even a seemingly frozen river has current underneath, just because you can't see the change does not mean that it does not exist. Your Order is simply a rock in the river, changing the course of a small portion of the flow, not the over all current, or at least that is my take on the NSO.

You should see us as an ice breaker. We can break the ice, if you guys so wish, but we cannot do it, without being properly used.