This Week in Pacifica

I don't recall this thread being about Francoism. How about moving that debate to the 3 other threads you have running on it. You know, you don't have to put on your broken record everywhere you go Mr. da Silva.

Can we get back to the Doitzel/Zhadums urine projecting competition? And where's the venerable viceroy of GATO to try his hand? I'm sure he can get some distant.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall this thread being about Francoism. How about moving that debate to the 3 other threads you have running on it. You know, you don't have to put on your broken record everywhere you go Mr. da Silva.

False. The OP quite clearly referenced francoism

He takes his place among loyal Francoist Pacificans and Polars Doitzel, electron_sponge, Moridin, King Penchuk, as well as numerous Pacifican and Polar military commanders and diplomatic attaches.

I challenged the notion that a francoist would join Vox, and thus discussion grew.

You know you're representing your alliance, right?

Feel free to DoW NATO over it. :rolleyes:

Edited by Count da Silva

False. The OP quite clearly referenced francoism

He takes his place among loyal Francoist Pacificans and Polars Doitzel, electron_sponge, Moridin, King Penchuk, as well as numerous Pacifican and Polar military commanders and diplomatic attaches.

I challenged the notion that a francoist would join Vox, and thus discussion grew.

How unfortunate. Schattenmann should know better than to provide us with a dance suitable for your overplayed music. Though I do suspect Schattenmann said that with a bit of tongue in cheek. I somehow doubt that Doitzel and Admiral Sponge have ever seriously called themselves Francoists.

But, your argument is simple. You've committed a No True Scotsman fallacy.

Have a nice day.

edit: one too many adverbs, read wretchedly

Edited by Sal Paradise

Next time we meet ont he battlefield, I shall anarchy you. Unless you've got 5 nations helping you again. And now you understand what everoyne else already does: It's easy to anarchy a nation 6-to-1 especially if the nation is already anarchied when you declare on it.

More than once a month. They're all on their own "cycles" if you take my meaning.

It is your poor tactical choice to take an option of 6 instead of 3. But I guess some people like the bigger gang bang. :awesome:

I do not believe you were anarchied when we started, I prefer to pick targets that provide challenge and hence some tech :D. I would have anarchied you 1-on-1 too & you used to be much more respectful If I can recall correctly, but obviously Vox has its own ideals.

I've been on 1-on-3 with nations nuking me and I still beating them back, everyone has excuses right :) and in the end when nothing has worked, when everything has failed, people join Vox, 'koz thats the only alliance where phail = win' xD

As for next time..it is too far away, and thats considering I'm put to PZI now :) Good luck in your endeavors, you obviously don't need any :D

I don't keep up with much here. I am a bit of a showboater and blowhard and I just pipe in on occasion to either stir the pot or piss people off.

But, I don't quite understand all the concern over supposed threats over the computer. This may be because I am old but I don't think so.

If someone tells me on IRC that they hope I die in RL I will say "good, one day I will" and move on. If someone says they will kill me I say "now I have to launch my IGNORE bomb at you". If someone says you live at X address and I am going to come over and $%&@ your wife then I will probably contact the appropriate authorities.

At no point would coming onto the forum to !@#$%* and moan and whine about it be an option. So why do so many of you do it?

This thread is beyond disgusting at this point.

If anything, all that is clear now is that none of us are without fault, and all of us need to stop casting stones.

No, it's just the lies spread by Schattenman that's disgusting.

I don't keep up with much here. I am a bit of a showboater and blowhard and I just pipe in on occasion to either stir the pot or piss people off.

But, I don't quite understand all the concern over supposed threats over the computer. This may be because I am old but I don't think so.

If someone tells me on IRC that they hope I die in RL I will say "good, one day I will" and move on. If someone says they will kill me I say "now I have to launch my IGNORE bomb at you". If someone says you live at X address and I am going to come over and $%&@ your wife then I will probably contact the appropriate authorities.

At no point would coming onto the forum to !@#$%* and moan and whine about it be an option. So why do so many of you do it?

Basic psychology, go take it :)

Edited by Melchior

Do you have a point with this pathetic attempt at a jab?

Do you mean the "basic psychology" that dictates people respond to stimuli based on emotional state and thus more often than not make swift decisions that can lead to making them look like a complete jackass, as you have just done?

Or did you mean something else? Educate me.

ooc: The simple and obvious answer is that they believe they will be able to get a rival banned from the game for harassment or some such nonsense.

Wow, you sure are smart. You've taken a 100 level Psych course. Congratulations. That and a couple dollars will get you a decent sized cup of coffee.

ooc: The simple and obvious answer is that they believe they will be able to get a rival banned from the game for harassment or some such nonsense.

Right but at what cost? Why would anyone willingly wish to make themselves look so weak and frail?

Do you have a point with this pathetic attempt at a jab?

Do you mean the "basic psychology" that dictates people respond to stimuli based on emotional state and thus more often than not make swift decisions that can lead to making them look like a complete jackass, as you have just done?

Or did you mean something else? Educate me.

While I am unable to describe the complete psychological procedure behind these continuing acts of foolishness myself; you had a question, which I answered to the best of my ability by making a suggestion. If you really want to understand how these people think, it would be most appropriate to take a psychology course taught by a professor instead of asking the people themselves, because - of what I have learned from my own studies in this field - they do not know.

Right but at what cost? Why would anyone willingly wish to make themselves look so weak and frail?

The culture of victimhood that has grown up in the wake of the turmoil of August and September 2007 where a few bad actors had well publicized exits due to harassment has caused the generally uninspired and apathetic populace to grab onto it as an 'innovative' way of dealing with anyone they consider to be annoying or obstructionist.

"Mommy he's picking on me, make him stop!"

While I am unable to describe the complete psychological procedure behind these continuing acts of foolishness myself; you had a question, which I answered to the best of my ability by making a suggestion. If you really want to understand how these people think, it would be most appropriate to take a psychology course taught by a professor instead of asking the people themselves, because - of what I have learned from my own studies in this field - they do not know.

First, being able to distinguish what is rhetorical and what is literal is your friend.

I know "why" people come on here and say things about people picking on them on IRC etc etc. The bleeding hearts love a victim and if you give them one they may take up preference for your "side".

It was more of an admonishing than a legitimate inquiry.

I daresay I know how to move the masses and manipulate the psychology of the populace better than most here when you get right down to it.

No, it's just the lies spread by Schattenman that's disgusting.

No, please don't put words in my mouth.

The fact that the IC/OOC divide is long gone, the fact that people are, whether IC or OOC, calling for people's death, is beyond the pale. I have no love lost for Vox, and while I will continue to read TWiP because it offers a few laughs, I wouldn't be angered if it left. However, I am not willing to put the blame on any faction fully. Everyone needs to pull way back and examine what they are doing. If your only reason (you as in general, not you as in Melchior) to remain in this thread is to one up the next guy, it's time to move on to the next thread.

OOC: Persecution complex, cry for attention, penis envy? Who knows? Granted you could try to psychoanalyze it, but that won't be necessary. The answer really is quite simple: both sides are trying to claim the moral high ground.

Frankly I find the notion of a moral high ground in this text based online game to be quite ridiculous, but that's just the way it is. Both sides are arguing here, and no one is really getting anywhere. In an attempt to make the other side look bad, in order to win the argument, they claim the other side has violated the IC-OOC line. They then hope that the sympathy that will come from such a claim will give their arguments an advantage over their opponents'. However, when their opponents counter with an "ooc attack card" of their own, the whole thing backfires. You then got one side claiming that their death wishes were against the IC character and not the OOC person behind it, while at the same time saying that the "ooc attacks" of their adversary were against the OOC person. Their OOC person. Then the opponent will claim that it is actually the other way around. So yes, this is a game nobody can win.

And yes, I really do hate the OOC card. All it really does in lead to ridiculous arguments that no one will ever win, while at the same time trying to get some sort of moral outrage towards one side. I find it to be quite tired honestly. Argue over IC events. Both Vox and its adversaries have more than enough IC grievances towards each other. There is no reason they have to take this to some sort of pseudo-OOC debate than nobody wants to hear. I mean, if I brought up every time someone has insulted me (IC or OOC it doesn't matter, because frankly you can claim any insult is OOC) on IRC this forum would never have anything but these insults (and come to think of it, it would also be full of insults made by myself), and I am sure it is the same way for most people here.

I'm deeply sorry for the rant, but I really do find this whole debate on Zhadum wishing death on Doitzel and Chief hoping Moo kills himself to be quite ridiculous. Get over it already. Honestly I'd rather see Vox railing about NPO's IC global hegemony being immoral and the NPO railing about Vox's IC tactics and spying being immoral. As annoying as your debates are, I'd rather they be IC than OOC.

Plus, it is quite futile to preach morals to this community. From what I've seen, OOC that is, is that morals is not something that most of us care about. And yes, I will try to end this rant now.

IC: Schattenmann, truly fascinating. Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Edited by Rebel Virginia

Wow, you sure are smart. You've taken a 100 level Psych course. Congratulations. That and a couple dollars will get you a decent sized cup of coffee.

[ooc] the cinnamon dolce latte at starbucks is the best thing ever [/ooc]

That's.. that's all I really wanted to say.