This Week in Pacifica

If you consider that whining, then you must have a very warped definition of whining.

He was merely pointing out how spying was an offense people didn't like or endorse back in the past. He was also pointing out that NPO isn't immune to the same problems that other alliances face at one point or another. It's not really possible to control the actions of 900 nations and that any problems that arise must be handled as they arise.

Once again for those who are silly:

Z'ha'dum and MaskofBlue are not simply "2 of 900 members." What the Hell.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue should be the fact that you spy; even if it is done badly. But no one seems to care about that; for some reason you have carte blanche to spy on anyone you want. But in the final analysis, what you are doing is wrong and you will reap what you sow.

It's pathetic to see you wobble in here and try to play the victim. Now SCAT before I get my bang stick and press it against your forehead. You would be much more useful as 200 lbs of hamburger and a leather jacket. At least then your citizens would have something to eat.

TWiP was excellent again this week. Better than TMZ! :P

Edited by Bad JuJu

The entire GATO war was started with a spy from NPO's side of the house inside GATO's government channel, spying is legal when one has a big stick. Now we know that either you carry a big stick and it is legal OR you carry none at all and it isn't punishable.

As for the abuse of power within GATO, would one be so kind to explain? I do :wub: my Morte so.

Oh, oh! Don't forget WalkerNinja spying on GATO/IAA's defensive war planning channel then reporting directly to--anyone?--NPO. Classic. Correct the count, that's two.

It's pathetic to see you wobble in here and try to play the victim. Now SCAT before I get my bang stick and press it against your forehead. You would be much more useful as 200 lbs of hamburger and a leather jacket. At least then your citizens would have something to eat.

And they wouldn't be cold when they get carted off to Siberia[n Tiger Alliance]

Once again for those who are silly:

Z'ha'dum and MaskofBlue are not simply "2 of 900 members." What the Hell.

True. But their punishment was decided by the Emperor of the NPO, correct? I thought that was part of being the one in charge.

No matter their position in the alliance, Moo is the one to decide their punishment. That's his prerogative as the one in charge. He did and now it's over. Funny thing is, you're a bystander and thus, Moo doesn't need to care what you think.

True. But their punishment was decided by the Emperor of the NPO, correct? I thought that was part of being the one in charge.

No matter their position in the alliance, Moo is the one to decide their punishment. That's his prerogative as the one in charge. He did and now it's over. Funny thing is, you're a bystander and thus, Moo doesn't need to care what you think.

If Moo doesn't care what Schatt thinks, then why is the whole GATO situation occurring?

Indeed. Interesting how no one from the NPO has commented on that.

No worries, GATO is here to comment on our situation.

This is my official response, and one of the few times where my opinion does reflect that of my alliance.

First, I'd like to address several specific problems with the reporting. These have been brought up respectfully with the author, who was kind enough to at least correct one of the errors.

First, Ragashingo was not banned from the Global Alliance. The OP has been edited to reflect this fact. Ragashingo was removed from his post as Ambassador Consul, a position that was removed literally days later as part of a Ministry of Foreign Affairs restructuring effort. Ragashingo was not "coerced" into leaving, and I expect that he would tell you the same thing if you were to ask him. Finally, that thread was actually not deleted, even once. In fact, it's still in the main GATO member viewing area. I'm really not even sure where that misinterpretation came from. The thread wasn't even locked.

That being said, everyone here at GATO is sorry to see Raga choose a different path for the future, and we wish him the best of luck in Siberia. Hopefully the cold winds will someday drive him back to his warm brown-themed home. :P

Second, there's a rather important aspect of Morte's banning that was left out. Morte was subsequently unbanned by the Viceroy, Moo-cows. This highlights the secondary point that Moo-cows, not SDRD, is the Viceroy.

That being said, I have one last comment. Please don't use GATO in your propoganda. We do not appreciate being a part of your shenanigans. I'll quote my Minister of Domestic Affairs for further clarification:

<Manis_B[GATO]> 3)Stop Spreading Rumors About GATO. You know why we dont come to the OWF anymore? Cause its 100% BS. If you want some truth, come talk to us in #GATO on Coldfront, go to MIRC.com [flame removed]

4)Stop talking about GATO period. I dont care what you think GATOs opinions are, or what you think GATO will do if a war comes, or if you think we're a bunch of WAEs sittin around singing KUMBAI YA. I dont care. I already know im in a better alliance than you, you cant prove to me otherwise.

We look forward to seeing higher-quality reporting from TWiP in the future. Thank you.

This Week in Pacifica

10 second edition

• Tech deal goes sour
  • Several posts showing disagreements within the NPO surface (from weeks ago, not really TWiP is it?)
  • MaskofBlue creates a piece of work that mocks a sexist.

:huh:

Must try harder.

Edited by tombed

Wow...

I find that conduct by Z'ha'dum and Maskofblue absolutely shocking. Quite simply, this is not how leaders should treat their members.

OOC: This is a game, why do you choose to insult people and make everything personal? That's just not cool.

I always had the impression that NPO officers and gov are highly disciplined, I don't understand why someone would mistreat one of their members over RL stuff like that :(

LordValentine is a Founding Member of the NPO, the host of its first forum, and was an Alliance Councillor, Advisor to Emperor Moldavi, Head of Imperial Security to Emperor Dilber, and Internal Affairs Imperial Officer to Emperor Moo.

He takes his place among loyal Francoist Pacificans and Polars Doitzel, electron_sponge, Moridin, King Penchuk

I highly doubt anyone joining Vox are Francoists.

I highly doubt anyone joining Vox are Francoists.
To be Count da Silva is to be inherently wrong.

I love this statement. It's concise and accurate. But not in this case.

"Francoism was the founding philosophy of the New Pacific Order (NPO), and, while it has evolved since then, is still the basis of the Order's thought today."

If Francoism has evolved into the philosophy that is the basis of the Order's thought today, then yes, those joining Vox would not go near it. If you are referring to the Francoism before it evolved - the Francoism that made Pacifica great, then you are inherently wrong.

Wow...

I find that conduct by Z'ha'dum and Maskofblue absolutely shocking. Quite simply, this is not how leaders should treat their members.

so sexism is ok, but when someone makes a picture at the person making the sexist remarks it is "absolutely shocking"

I fail to see your logic

[6:56pm] Moo-Cows: since apparently there is no one with common sense in charge
And keep on believing the IOs run the NPO, or Dilber. That's going to get you a long way. [/sarcasm]

Ah ha! The first quote confused me. Now the matter is all cleared up.

I look forward to next week's Three Weeks Ago in Pacifica.

Was it? If any IRC Ban Guidelines were ever issued they are, at this time, unknown to TWiP.

What happened? Is your spy no longer alive?

Typical weekly (really several weeks to months old, but who cares really. right?) drivel. 1 or 2 speculative points encased in utter nonsense. Remember folks, it takes 2 halves to make up the complete picture. You stay classy Schat!

If Francoism has evolved into the philosophy that is the basis of the Order's thought today, then yes, those joining Vox would not go near it. If you are referring to the Francoism before it evolved - the Francoism that made Pacifica great, then you are inherently wrong.

Francoism "evolves" only when the material conditions of the world it exists in changes. This is because Francoism is a scientific analysis of these conditions... thus, your "old francoism," whatever that is, is outdated and no longer accurate.

Any person who claims to be a francoist yet clings on to an outdated analysis of the world is mistaken at best. At the very least, he should demonstrate how the "old" francoism is more valid in our world today than the "new" francoism using scientific principles.

Francoism has always remained the same... a material analysis of the world... even as the world itself changes. There is nothing subjective about it, just like a scientific analysis of an apple or a gemstone.

Didn't someone ask for a screenshot of Moo talking to himself. If this would have been in the OP, I would have been far more impressed ;). Regardless, much more entertaining this week. One more issue focused on tech I would have canceled my subscription.

Actually, that was a screenshot of Moo yelling at certain people in a Gov channel.