Trouble at the MCXA?

Quite true.

I'm struck by the remarkable similarity of this story to when Ephriam Grey left Invicta and setup Andromeda.

Well, we're not Continuum, but we didn't declare war then. Perhaps we should have. It might have saved a few other alliances.

But we didn't. You don't always have to declare war; there should be some purpose to a war.

Irony is tragic at times, unfortunately.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, it's also worth noting that not every CB leads to war...

...and the only alliance that would have a case here is MCXA, and TOP has stated in no uncertain terms that MCXA has chosen not to go that route.

So no, there won't be a war any time in the near future where TSO gets the end of a beating stick, that I can see.

My goodness. This thread is actually getting more logical and sensible.. I didn't really think that was possible. Many thanks to:

Aalumni

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1294396

Heft

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1294393

Of Course TFS aka Grinder

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1294370

And naturally Saber

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1294286

Additionally, I just have to add two rather, in my opinion, significant points.

1. Diplomatic, as well as just plain friendly, communication exists between TSO and MCXA; and actually never ceased. There are many friendships and professional relationships between member's in both alliances. And those aren't going to go away because some of us call a different alliance home now.

2. There is NO hatred or loathing for MCXA seething within the hearts of those who left for TSO. All of us who left spent a lot of time and energy working on a major alliance, anyone who's done so know's it to be no easy task. Anyone who leaves something they've worked on is always going to be proud of what they're helped create; and sad to move on.

I am sure I do not stand alone in my certainty that MCXA will continue. They will grow, and change, and while I can no longer be a direct part of that. I will certainly watch and applaud. And help along the way if I am able and allowed.

Hail to the MCXA

Hail TOP

Hail TSO

Hail to the Future! May it always be a better place then the past. And may we never grow tired of reaching for it.

...and the only alliance that would have a case here is MCXA, and TOP has stated in no uncertain terms that MCXA has chosen not to go that route.

So no, there won't be a war any time in the near future where TSO gets the end of a beating stick, that I can see.

Yes, which is why I think a protectorate for a 2 mil NS alliance was needed. Because TOP is saying MCXA is OK. MCXA has a relatively rookie government, as TSO was their experienced and connected guys.

It's a shame. Unfortunately, though, the tactic seems to have worked out. So, congrats on that?

fakeedit: Conspiracy for you, bigwoody! I know you missed it!

And y'all certainly showed them how transparent everything was, right? :awesome:

Based on the last major war MCXA was involved in, during which I was MCXA HC, the level of transparency served us well.

What side of that fight were you on? Yeah...you're really one to be criticizing our leadership skills, aren't you?

We talked to both now TSO and MCXA government (See: Dr. Fresh). This point was addressed earlier.

The problem with this statement is that the only name I see is Dr. Fresh. And Gopherbashi. But still, that's two people, apparently there were two people whom TOP spoke to? Again, applying my own behavior to the situation, I probably would have simply said "yea, whatever, fine, I gotta go fix !@#$" and accepted that TOP had protectorate domain over TSO.

And there's still this issue with the fact that TOP, after discussing the 30 or so members of TSO's safety, still pretty much sanctioned a gigantic scheme to poach members from MCXA. The MCXA government at the time recruited to TSO, and the TOP government supported it, or else there would have been no protectorate. TOP acted in the removal of MCXA's government, and let very few people left in government informed of this.

There is a problem here, as 30 pages of posting has no proven :D

Yes, which is why I think a protectorate for a 2 mil NS alliance was needed. Because TOP is saying MCXA is OK. MCXA has a relatively rookie government, as TSO was their experienced and connected guys.

If you're implying TOP cornered MCXA into agreeing to let TSO go, I don't see that happening...big risk for little payoff. Not TOP's style. No, MCXA appears to have let TSO go...I think the criticisms here are directed towards TSO's manner of leaving and what it implies about their fortitude.

Dear Great and Powerful Friends Across Digiterra,

Truly this is a very interesting thread.

Before I speak, please know that I am not an MCXA spokesman,

nor do I hold any official office within the MCXA. My opinions are

my own and are sanctioned by no current official of the MCXA. If

truth be known, any of my MCXA brothers and sisters would say

that I am their most insignificant member.

There is one thing, however, that I would like to say. In the midst

of this talk of Casius Belli, very few have mentioned the fact that

those of the new TSO alliance are our brethren. We have posted

together and we have fought together and we have aided each

other when times were hard. We have strong feelings for each

of these good people. They led us through the dark and they

were some of the best and brightest of us all.

If inconcievable events should ever occur, that would compel MCXA

to war on the TSO, I doubt that very many of us could press the

"fire" button.

For me, firing on any one of these persons would be like firing on

a member of my own family.

We Love These People,

If you're implying TOP cornered MCXA into agreeing to let TSO go, I don't see that happening...big risk for little payoff. Not TOP's style. No, MCXA appears to have let TSO go...I think the criticisms here are directed towards TSO's manner of leaving and what it implies about their fortitude.

I think perhaps there was more foot work on TSO's side than TOP's.

MCXA has informed us that this will not drive a wedge between our alliances and as per that information we have decided to protect and help establish group we have got to know and respect.

Personally I would as well, they couldn't stop them from finding someone to treaty with them in their current weakened state regardless, as has been stated. They need to recover internally before trying anything on TSO, as was stated by Sponge earlier, if they wanted to at all.

The connection is quite obvious. In case of MCXA, they no longer have two groups that fight each other but rather one group with a relatively unified view of future MCXA should have. This is effectively the same as what happened in TOP. Only difference (radical one I admit) is that this is artificial change in MCXA, and a sudden change, while in TOP it was a natural progression.

However I'd say that if we keep our heads cool and talk things through rather than throw big words we can realize that in the long run this will be good for all parties involved.

I don't doubt with TOP mediating things won't get hot, but they were diverging on separate paths for a reason, and that's the reason for the alliance split. Now, if those paths are as different as is required to split an alliance, I doubt they are going to be meeting in the middle for tea and crumpets. And I see your point now, but the fact that it did occur rapidly or the fac they were planning it still would have destabilized MCXA quite a lot.

In the end they are just members. You cannot expect that they put MCXA above their life and in the end their own enjoyment. I realize that the game can be less than fun if you need to constantly struggle to do things and I can't see any way in which MCXA could have stopped dissatisfied group from leaving. Should have it been handled better and with less controversy sure. But results would have been the same. TSO and MCXA.

But yet, they were appointed to serve the membership the best they could. They failed in this clearly by leaving the alliance in a desperate position, and I don't quite understand how a large chunk of an alliance's leadership can be regulated to being called a dissatisified group, when its a lot more than that. That group represented MCXA to the world and to the alliance, and to have them leave and be plotting to leave is a huge blow to the alliance internally and externally. The results are clear.

Some of our government have already posted. I have decided to help clear few misconceptions.

Indeed, as stated thank you for doing so, it helps make everyone clearer on this issue so we can all move past it.

Tune in next time for The Real Housewives of Blue Team County.

OMFG dramaz!

OMFG Žuja,....

I concur with the general, dramaz, housewives.

Also, beer.

Anyway, all the best to involved parties. Why? Because I am a good man and only wish good things thats why.

"fire" button.

We Love These People,

We love you too Lord deSandersted.

Oh good lord, wish this all could just be fast forwarded through.

Yes, the way this all happened was extremely messed up. While I personally do not know how things were on the inside of MCXA, the facts presented as to how the split came about are definately shady. In the end though, what matters is that it definately appears as if MCXA was divided and nothing good was going to come of it. I would definately say this public scandal constitutes as something not good but it could have been alot worse.

MCXA appears as if it could come out of this in a much better position and those that left no longer have to answer to people they didnt wish to answer to. Once people get over the ugliness of this all, possibly because a better dramatic story pops up, then the better it will be for those actually involved.

I love how upset everyone is becoming over all of this :blush:, it just makes me feel giddy inside. The leadership skills of this alliance are possibly some of the worst bunch I have seen in a long time.

*refuses to take the bait*

i think we should focus on 2 incredibly awesome parts of this announcement -

1. OUr incredible protectors - TOP - they are already awesome and we just got started. Hai Longbowe!

2. Our incredible flag - nuke pron!

flag3.jpg

*refuses to take the bait*

i think we should focus on 2 incredibly awesome parts of this announcement -

1. OUr incredible protectors - TOP - they are already awesome and we just got started. Hai Longbowe!

2. Our incredible flag - nuke pron!

Can you leave now? Us adults are trying to have a discussion, and your random and childlike contributions don't exactly contribute to anything.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

"fire" button.

We Love These People,

Hail, deSandersted.

o/ TOP

o/ TSO

o/ MCXA

Congratulations to all parties involved, may it work out for the best.

Based on the last major war MCXA was involved in, during which I was MCXA HC, the level of transparency served us well.

What side of that fight were you on? Yeah...you're really one to be criticizing our leadership skills, aren't you?

It's posts like this that show us that you belong in TSO with the rest of the rabble.

Edited by OPArsenal