Trouble at the MCXA?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Abandoning your alliance to form a new alliance = fail

2. Why the hell would you do that anyways? You guys were in charge of one of the most powerful alliances in CN, you had all the fame and glory, and look at what this thread has done to you, people are thinking, man what idiots for abandoning their members like that.

3. Seriously guys, why arent there more people angry about this? I mean if this was my alliance gov that left, I would be steaming right now.

I don't really see the problem here. If people decide to leave, let them leave. What they do afterwards shouldn't worry you a bit.

As far as I understood; everyone is free to roam the Cyberverse as they want, as long as they don't break any laws.

Edited by erikz

I don't really see the problem here. If people decide to leave, let them leave. What they do afterwards shouldn't worry you a bit.

As far as I understood; everyone is free to roam the Cyberverse as they want, as long as they don't break any laws.

Yes, everybody is free to roam the Cyberverse as they want, but there are certain standards and expectations one takes on when they become a leader of their alliance. You can't simply up and walk out on your alliance, you have to ensure they are prepared to keep on going despite your departure. What makes this so controversial is not that one or two notable MCXAers left, but that the bulk of their government up and walked out on their alliance without any clear indication that they took significant efforts to ensure its stability in the wake of their leave. Fresh and Gopher are great guys and extremely experienced, but they're still only two guys and the wholesale operation of the number three alliance is a ton pressure to dump on two people.

Is this for the best? Absolutely. MCXA is better off without a government that looks to establish its sovereignty elsewhere and TSO is better off being able to do its own thing. But that doesn't make what has happened here any less irresponsible (to use a blatant double-negative). That's why so many people look at this new alliance, and the decision of TOP to protect it, and scoff.

2. Why the hell would you do that anyways? You guys were in charge of one of the most powerful alliances in CN, you had all the fame and glory, and look at what this thread has done to you, people are thinking, man what idiots for abandoning their members like that.

3. Seriously guys, why arent there more people angry about this? I mean if this was my alliance gov that left, I would be steaming right now.

1.) Let me make this clear, we did not "abandon" the MCXA, the new MCXA government (namely, Fresh and Gopher) have been in on this and we have been trying to achieve a smooth transition. The MCXA was my home on Planet Bob for over a year, we are not looking to destroy it. Under the current leadership I have the fullest faith in the new leadership to lead the MCXA to prosperity once again.

2.) It seems you don't realize the mistake in your thinking. When we decided to leave we were not looking for power, we were looking for friendship and a smaller community. We left the MCXA in order for both, the now members of the MCXA and ourselves to exist happily. Personally I am having a lot more fun with the game now then about a month ago, for example ;)

This way the membership will have the governments they want and we can exist as friends. I still hold a great fondness for the MCXA and I hope that the feeling is mutual. :)

3.) Because this has been coming for a long time, and the whole alliance has known about it for roughly a week now.

Let me say a few things, the thread title and first post were discussed with MCXA leadership and they allowed us to make the joke.

Furthermore I would like to ask all TSO members in this thread to remain respectful.

Finally I would like to say thank you to TOP, you guys are really great :wub:

o/ TSO

o/ TOP

and

o/ MCXA for all you have given us, even if not linked by a treaty we will still be linked through our heart.

Edited by Dragonaspect

People leaving one alliance for another, en masse like this, points to serious internal problems with MCXA. What those problems are, I don't know and I don't care, but any energy here should be spent on addressing those problems and coming up with a solution so MCXA can bounce back stronger than ever, and NOT on being angry, spiteful, and childish.

There are problems, that's fine. Address them, solve them, move on, be better for it.

Why waste time and energy on hate?

Let's see regarding what it says what alliance I was in, Congratulation to the new creation of a perfidious new Alliance, and thank you for letting us MCXA members know that you were leaving, oh wait you didn't, the only reason we learned is because some one among your ranks let out the secret also Jose, why spy on USN it's not like you'd actually get out any information?

Let's see regarding what it says what alliance I was in, Congratulation to the new creation of a perfidious new Alliance, and thank you for letting us MCXA members know that you were leaving, oh wait you didn't, the only reason we learned is because some one among your ranks let out the secret also Jose, why spy on USN it's not like you'd actually get out any information?

I have just read out loud the above and nearly passed out due to the lack of correct punctuation.

Can anyone please translate. :huh:

There are a few wrong assumptions made throughout this thread.

1. There is major strife between MCXA and TSO
  2. TSO is some half-witted, sudden abandonment of MCXA
  3. TSO is all about anger and protest (i.e. Vox)

This is all wrong.

TSO is a purposeful and poised effort to give its members a focused and disciplined alliance full of dedication: Dedication to eachother and dedication to a mutual vision.

NADC was my first and only home. I was very dedicated to NADC and I genuinely hope that I gave back a portion of what NADC gave to me. However, my dedication could not outshine some of the frustrations I had. Inactivity and lack of discipline among member nations was a pandemic for NADC. Part of the problem was the way we defined ourselves - we were more of a social alliance, loosely knit by an affiliation. We were a mile wide, but an inch deep. Secretary General Ruggerdawg is in the process of enacting a plan to change the way NADC views itself and I was proud to support him in that effort. However, such a systemic change of values and philosophies would have taken months. I did not feel I could invest another several months.

Instead, I chose to move to an alliance that valued a deeper dedication. I chose TSO. Any large alliance is going to have the same problems as NADC. Planet Bob seems to promote quantity over quality. In choosing TSO, I choose quality. TSO is not about anger, internal MCXA strife or any of the other accusations. TSO is all about a better quality alliance experience for those who value potency over pixels.

Some have called us elite. If we are elite, we are elite in our dedication, not in our exclusivity.

EDIT: can't say the other word for rooster as in "half-****ed"

Edited by watchman

Nice flag, cool name, and great protectors. TOP are great allies to have. If people are unhappy in an alliance it's sometimes the best for both parties to leave separate ways. I think both will come stronger out of this.

o/ TSO

o/ TOP

o/ MCXA

Good luck to everyone.

I have just read out loud the above and nearly passed out due to the lack of correct punctuation.

Can anyone please translate. :huh:

I am bitter cause there is no one left I can yell at on the MCXA Forums?

Or try: I am running around accusing people of things I have done myself.

With an amiable parting between MCXA and TSO, I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Keyword = amiable

I expect great things from TSO, and I'm sure MCXA will continue to prosper, as always.

Amiable? What choice did MCXA have?

TSO - "We are leaving and taking these members with us"

MCXA - "ugggh, do we have a choice?"

TSO - "No"

Yeah, that's amiable alright.

TSO - "No"

Oh? And how would you know of such a conversation?

As far as I know talks between the government of the MCXA and TSO are not held in public places accessible to other alliances ;)

And the talks I have been in have been a lot more amiable what you have described :)

Oh? And how would you know of such a conversation?

As far as I know talks between the government of the MCXA and TSO are not held in public places accessible to other alliances ;)

And the talks I have been in have been a lot more amiable what you have described :)

People are going to speculate and make wild assumptions, and act like they know what's going on.

Ignore them.

Most of the people who are making these claims aren't worth your time.

TSO - "No"

"Taking these members with us"

Last time I checked everyone can decide for itself if he or she wants to join an alliance.

In FOK we have had also a time were a group of members decided to leave at once, we just wished them the best, nothing more you can do. Yesterday we lost Valashu to TSO, we again gave him our best wishes, and he knows we love him :wub: