GPA Declaration of Neutrality

Thomasj_tx

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my conduct and respect in this thread is a testament of how wrong your statement is. TBH, I don't understand why you would be so rude and say something like that.

Your a new nation at 3 days old, you wouldn't understand ODN's history. They have a history of betraying their allies and not living up to treaties they have.

Your a new nation at 3 days old, you wouldn't understand ODN's history. They have a history of betraying their allies and not living up to treaties they have.

I am aware of our current image. You're right, I am a new nation but I can read threads that are archived and I know where the CN wiki is.

I am aware of our current image. You're right, I am a new nation but I can read threads that are archived and I know where the CN wiki is.

Read the part where the ODN fails at decision making, honoring treaties, and general logic. Then read about the GPA and realize that their problems mostly stemmed from existing as peace-niks in a war-obsessed game and being a juicy tech filled target. Then perhaps you'll get it.

Also I am glad to see so many re-affirm their names to the DoN. I really do hope it succeeds and regret removing the New Polar Order's signature from the original. One of very few regrets I have.

I would really appreciate it if we could keep this somewhat on topic.

There have been many good questions, insight and observations and I would hate to lose the opportunity for any Alliance or nation to continue to ask the questions or make observations that are in keeping with the topic.

Thanks! :)

It's admirable that you are still sticking to your guns metaphorically speaking and continuing your neutrality even after getting beaten down once over what amounted to a simple mistake.

Hopefully people come to their senses and realize that there is basically nothing to lose either in terms of image or political clout be recognizing that the GPA likes to play the game its own way...to those who chose to not re-add their signatures, why not? I'm curious.

I would really appreciate it if we could keep this somewhat on topic.

There have been many good questions, insight and observations and I would hate to lose the opportunity for any Alliance or nation to continue to ask the questions or make observations that are in keeping with the topic.

Thanks! :)

After my earlier questions and the nicely developed answers to my protests about how much I disagree with the standard of neutrality, I'll join the individual list of signatories, based primarily on the sentiment of non-aggression. I simply cannot fathom ever wanting to initiate an attack any GPA member:

No nation of a non-GPA signatory will take part in any non-defensive military or spying action against any GPA nation.

and...

the fact that even though I think neutrality is a misguided notion, I'll look beyond that and sign this DoN as an individual nation representative to show support for your overarching spirit of wanting to see good relations with all nations, aligned or not.

/s/ General Specific for Brackwaters

Brackishville, Brackwaters this 22nd day of February, 2009

edit: title correction ;)

Edited by General Specific

The Green Protection Agency is an alliance dedicated to neutrality. Even if we may not agree with it, SSSW18 will not deny GPA their rights to play this game however they will. We have no evidence to support that GPA is currently showing any signs of losing vision in un-neutrality.

Therefore, SSSW18 is pleased to show they're re-affirmation of GPA's Decleration of Neutrality.

Signed,

President, Neforatu

Vice President, Jipps

Minister of Forgein Affairs, DirkNL

The Green Protection Agency is an alliance dedicated to neutrality. Even if we may not agree with it, SSSW18 will not deny GPA their rights to play this game however they will. We have no evidence to support that GPA is currently showing any signs of losing vision in un-neutrality.

Therefore, SSSW18 is pleased to show they're re-affirmation of GPA's Decleration of Neutrality.

Signed,

President, Neforatu

Vice President, Jipps

Minister of Forgein Affairs, DirkNL

Thank you! The Signature list has been updated to reflect this reaffirmation.

It's admirable that you are still sticking to your guns metaphorically speaking and continuing your neutrality even after getting beaten down once over what amounted to a simple mistake.

Hopefully people come to their senses and realize that there is basically nothing to lose either in terms of image or political clout be recognizing that the GPA likes to play the game its own way...to those who chose to not re-add their signatures, why not? I'm curious.

I agree, there is nothing to lose, there is also nothing to gain. The way I see it the only people that this document means anything too is the GPA. It looks to me like a glorified NAP, a NAP that is unneeded since GPA states that they will not have any non defensive military action against anybody. That very statement in essence means that the GPA already has a 1 sided NAP with all of Planet bob.

Your right that GPA has the right to play the game its own way, and they are free to do that, and signing or not signing this document will not effect that right in any way.

The Green Protection Agency, at its height, was once the #1 alliance in the cyberverse for a marginal period of time. The foundation of the mechanism that drove them to that glory is still present. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, and the Blackstone Collusion will certainly not hold that against them. We commend them for taking the effort to put this together, and for their concern about the community's opinion of them. This shows that their intentions here are pure and neutral. Therefore, BC would like to add its signature, and wish GPA the best of luck.

Signed,

Demeanor

Co-Founder and VIP of the Blackstone Collusion

Dr. Horrible

whats the point...everyone's being a damn hippy these days anyway.

The GPA often views things very differently then the rest of us and it creates misunderstandings. This is the GPA's attempt to build up good will, foster new relationships, and mend fences. The intent is good but I would have advised them to do this behind the scene's and only make an announcement once every allaince has responded.

The GPA is a great allaince though with some excellent members who want nothing more then to live in peace with all of us. Regardless if you sign this or not I hope we are all willing to let the past go and give these guys a chance to win back our respect (they never lost mine).

Edited by Authur

The Green Protection Agency, at its height, was once the #1 alliance in the cyberverse for a marginal period of time. The foundation of the mechanism that drove them to that glory is still present. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, and the Blackstone Collusion will certainly not hold that against them. We commend them for taking the effort to put this together, and for their concern about the community's opinion of them. This shows that their intentions here are pure and neutral. Therefore, BC would like to add its signature, and wish GPA the best of luck.

Signed,

Demeanor

Dr. Horrible

Thank you for signing our DoN! The Signature List has been updated to reflect this signature.

I agree, there is nothing to lose, there is also nothing to gain. The way I see it the only people that this document means anything too is the GPA. It looks to me like a glorified NAP, a NAP that is unneeded since GPA states that they will not have any non defensive military action against anybody. That very statement in essence means that the GPA already has a 1 sided NAP with all of Planet bob.

Your right that GPA has the right to play the game its own way, and they are free to do that, and signing or not signing this document will not effect that right in any way.

Well yeah, but signing it is kinda showing that you're a nice guy who can respect the position the GPA takes, which means it's relatively ineffectual...

But by explicitly stating that your alliance won't sign it though (like IRON earlier in this thread), it sends a different message, which was what I originally confused by.

Congratulations GPA, I know you guys are doing all you can to mend fences.

However with alliance announcements and a bored world that see GPA bashing as a easy prey it might be better to take a slight change in the FA department.

Getting ambassadors to talk more on their designated alliance IRC chatroom or by making tech/trading treaties.

Neutral doesn't have mean irrelevant, get out there and start dealing like only a neutral can.

What worked for the swiss can work for you. ;)