GPA Declaration of Neutrality

Thomasj_tx

The Mushroom Kingdom hereby reaffirms our signature on the GPA Declaration of Neutrality. We view our signature as a recognition of the goals of the Green Protection Agency, and do this with the expectation that should there be an incident between our two alliances, it would be resolved with alacrity and to everyone's satisfaction.

Thank you.

Thank you for the reaffirmation. The Signatories List has been updated.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As to "clerical errors" in general....

You may recall that the GPA recently had the final term of our Peace Terms removed after nearly one year. You may also recall that the reason given as to why the term was not removed sooner was basically a "clerical or administrative error". So it seems that these "errors" can happen to even the best of Alliances and not the least the GPA....

Did you not feel the need to approach someone in NPO and inquire about the peace terms?

Honestly, I think the reaction to all of this is hilarious. And while I'm sure plenty of entertainment can be derived from picking on the GPA, I've never really been one for it.

The Mushroom Kingdom hereby reaffirms our signature on the GPA Declaration of Neutrality. We view our signature as a recognition of the goals of the Green Protection Agency, and do this with the expectation that should there be an incident between our two alliances, it would be resolved with alacrity and to everyone's satisfaction. We furthermore recognize that there have been incidents in the Green Protection Agency's past for which they have paid dearly, but as a sovereign alliance we are not obliged to subscribe to the views and attitudes of others. We create our own, and we have not been given a reason to question this alliance's resolve or drive to achieve such a difficult goal.

Thank you.

I am in full agreement with Archon here. This petty squabbling over minor issues is quite hysterical. Really, it happened ages ago, and its the GPA, let it go.

Did you not feel the need to approach someone in NPO and inquire about the peace terms?

The GPA was in contact. You can read more here if you are interested:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1240131

Thank you for your interest in this matter.

Does GPA have any MDP or defense treaties?

No. It is against our Charter. And I quote:

Section V - Foreign Relations

1. The GPA will not enter into any offensive or defensive military agreements with any other Alliance.

It states that we are legally bound to pursue friendly and impartial conduct toward all other nations and Alliances and maintain strict military and political neutrality and non-intervention. We are able to, and have in our history, entered into "treaties" that support these values and principles. As to "staying in our own little corner", I am not sure what that means, but we encourage all of our members to interact with other nations and alliances in a friendly and impartial way.

It works well for us because that is what our values are. As to being effective, that is in the eye of the beholder, but we just had our third anniversary last week so something must be working okay.

Thanks for your questions and I hope that I have answered them to your satisfaction. :)

* Mind Blown *

What sort of treaties do you sign if NAPs are out of style then?

The only other document that the GPA is party to is the United Jungle Accords which has no military or political requirements on the part of the GPA. You can find its announcement here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=46966

If I remember rightly it was a clerical/administrative error that allowed Lord Swampy to become an affiliate member and we all know what happened there; best watch out for those clerical errors....... :mellow:

Your first error is to use the term "affiliate member". GPA affiliates are not GPA members. They never have been. Affiliate status has always been and was always intended to be a probationary period for incoming applicants during which we could review their history and check backgrounds before accepting them as trainees. Affiliates may or may not be offered protection, depending on their situation. When we discovered Lord Swampy was on ZI lists, he was removed from affiliate status, serving perfectly the purpose of the affiliate status. He was never a member and there was no error involved in that scenario, at least not on our part.

I will not say we have not made errors, because we obviously did make some. The error you mentioned though, was, and is still, nonexistent.

Well, they ARE neutral after all.
They don't sign military pacts, which to most people is what they consider any meaningful "treaty" to be.

Right but I wanted to know what treaties he was talking about if they aren't military. He answered my question.

He's the guy who just reminded us that the GPA is still better with diplomacy than the ODN. :P

I think my conduct and respect in this thread is a testament of how wrong your statement is. TBH, I don't understand why you would be so rude and say something like that.

I think my conduct and respect in this thread is a testament of how wrong your statement is. TBH, I don't understand why you would be so rude and say something like that.

My apologies, it was too easy and this is about the GPA, so back to that. Nice statement of support from Archon, btw.