An Agora Announcement

Firebolt

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... My Evil Lord said I have to stop feeding you fine folks. From henceforth I shall only agree with you or quote song lyrics.

You're right:

- We're blindly following MCXA and NPO into 1V tech slavery

- BLEU was awesome. We formed Agora becasue BLEU was WAY too awesome

- Fleetwood Mac is equally awesome, and just as relevant.

Although I'm not making plans

I hope that you understand there's a reason why

Close your

Close your

Close your eyes

No more broken hearts

We're better off apart

Let's give it a try

Tell me

Tell me

Tell me lies

Tell me lies

Tell me sweet little lies

(Tell me lies - tell me, tell me lies)

Oh no, no you can't disguise

(You can't disguise - no you can't disguise)

Tell me lies

Tell me sweet little lies

Edited by watchman

PRINT SCREEN PRINT SCREEN PRINT SCREEN PRINT SCREEN

Watchman, go behind the Magodonian Capitol at 10 PM or this information will be released to your RTA allies. We will discuss your options there.

I will now refute watchman by quoting himself from earlier in the thread:

<_<

E: I believe BLEU still had most of its sigs, and the BLEU Eco Treaty certainly did, until Agora was well advanced (a few people cancelled a day or two before it was announced).

Wrong. Dead wrong.

So BLEU was dead when you left?

Summary: BLEU was not invited into the creation of Agora.

Response: When Agora was formed, BLEU was still alive. The bloc was formed by non-BLEU alliances. If BLEU were not in existence at the time, maybe things would have been different.

So BLEU was alive when you left?

You seem like a nice guy, watchman, and no one will be offended if you just admit that your original intention for forming Agora was as far from team unity as you can get. It was a shrewd political move that should be respected as such, but it sacrificed team unity and trade stability to achieve it.

Edited by Penguin

Hmmm.... My Evil Lord said I have to stop feeding you fine folks. From henceforth I shall only agree with you or quote song lyrics.

You're right:

So instead of presenting your argument against Fallen's, you decided to post nonsense that's irrelevant to the discussion?

Regardless, here's my question to you. You claim that the BLEU forums were dead, but what did you ever do to try and fix the problem?

So instead of presenting your argument against Fallen's, you decided to post nonsense that's irrelevant to the discussion?

Regardless, here's my question to you. You claim that the BLEU forums were dead, but what did you ever do to try and fix the problem?

He has posted nothing but nonsense in this thread from the beginning. He can't answer the questions honestly because he'll be forced to prove the points he is arguing against. So, rather than do that, he posts smug, condescending drivel to try and portray himself as intellectually superior. He fails miserably with that as well.

Edited by Tygaland

You're right:

You are horrible at this game. Fallen presented perfectly logical and sound points and you are completely incapable of responding. Instead you just look like a fool. Do you think that is witty? It is not witty. It makes you look like a clown. A parody of a real alliance leader.

Stop now and leave the thread while someone somewhere still thinks you have some leadership skill left.

You are horrible at this game. Fallen presented perfectly logical and sound points and you are completely incapable of responding. Instead you just look like a fool. Do you think that is witty? It is not witty. It makes you look like a clown. A parody of a real alliance leader.

Stop now and leave the thread while someone somewhere still thinks you have some leadership skill left.

Would love to run with that. However, Agora has bought one of these...

MuzzleMate.gif

Why was this not used on sam?

Log dump :o

<Agora Leader> Naively, I had hoped we would be above feeding the trolls dissenters. It only gives those who disagree with us more fire.

<Watchman> YAY!

<Watchman> We shall defeat them with sarcasm!

<Watchman> Sorry. I can't help myself.

<Agora Leader> so it seems

<Agora Leader> ...

Edited by watchman

It's not a blue unity treaty with 2 colors on it, that's an inter-team treaty. A blue unity treaty requires blue signatories doing what is best for the blue team. At the point where it's an inter-team treaty, it would be required to compromise with the other color and thus do good for both, but not what is specifically best for blue.

Right now, you're relying on the power of a red alliance to keep the blue alliances you won't allow in (I can think of a few) in check. There's no real other reason for them to be there but to be your muscle.

The Purqua Pact is also an inter-team treaty.

I think the fact that its two Purple members are full members of the Purple unity treaty shows that inter-team blocs can in fact work towards team unity. NATO has for quite some time been a good friend to a lot of people on Purple, and has gone above and beyond the call of duty for UPN and Invicta on several occasions. That's why they're our only MADP partner.

On the flip side, I hope that Invicta and UPN have been as good friends to Aqua as NATO has been to Purple. Whether that's true --- well, Aqua unity is a more complex situation; you're probably more aware of that than I am. But we try.

Anyway to get back to the point. An inter-team treaty is not a team unity treaty, but it can work towards team unity. They're not incompatible.

well, since watchman and NADC are in Agora, it must def be built for blue team stability and have an awesomeness that most of us cannot comprehend. :P

o/ Sarcasm

[00:00] <SupremePrince|TFD> i think its best if we stop posting there

[00:00] <SupremePrince|TFD> its the same argument over and over again

[00:01] <SupremePrince|TFD> its not worth repeating

NPO is desperate enough for tech that it is willing to cause separation in the blue sphere? It is obvious that NPO's interests are not just in tech. They are in several blocs and can trade tech with their numerous allies. GATO is only allowed to do tech deals with NPO and I'm sure they have an abundance of sellers. The fact that NPO is in a position to influence politics in the blue sphere is what makes their membership in Agora significant.

Well, considering past events I suppose I cannot blame them for wanting to keep Blue from forming up into a force that the majority of such is not very friendly with the NPO. So I guess they do have direct interests in how Blue forms up.

This isnt my defense of such but is just an observation from the side. I can see why they have done such and I can see why it has angered quite a few. They will do what they believe is in their best interests even when they know it will not be popular with everyone.

Well, considering past events I suppose I cannot blame them for wanting to keep Blue from forming up into a force that the majority of such is not very friendly with the NPO. So I guess they do have direct interests in how Blue forms up.

This isnt my defense of such but is just an observation from the side. I can see why they have done such and I can see why it has angered quite a few. They will do what they believe is in their best interests even when they know it will not be popular with everyone.

It is refreshing to see some honesty on the topic.

The Purqua Pact is also an inter-team treaty.

I think the fact that its two Purple members are full members of the Purple unity treaty shows that inter-team blocs can in fact work towards team unity

If Purqua was working towards unity, then you wouldn't need a separate unity treaty ;). Purqua also doesn't mandate who gets into Purple and Aqua Senate, which is the one piece of Agora that could be said to work against unity. Aqua Unity is all in pieces these days and Purqua doesn't help there at all. Purqua does not work against unity but nor does it do much for it, that's why both Purple and Aqua have separate unity treaties. (Note to Aquatic leaders: yes I would like to work on getting Aqua Unity back <_<)

If Purqua was working towards unity, then you wouldn't need a separate unity treaty ;). Purqua also doesn't mandate who gets into Purple and Aqua Senate, which is the one piece of Agora that could be said to work against unity. Aqua Unity is all in pieces these days and Purqua doesn't help there at all. Purqua does not work against unity but nor does it do much for it, that's why both Purple and Aqua have separate unity treaties. (Note to Aquatic leaders: yes I would like to work on getting Aqua Unity back <_<)

That would be nice. And yes, Purqua is not an attempt at Aqua/Purple unity, which is why it has remained only 3 members. It was formed as an MADP upgrade to the CDT back in the day.

Would love to run with that. However, Agora has bought one of these...

MuzzleMate.gif

Log dump :o

Your friends and allies request that you cease posting in this thread and "feeding the trolls." Instead of listening to them, however, you decide to continue posting and make it common knowledge that you are ignoring them by log dumping their private concerns because you think it's funny?

Am I seriously the only one who thinks that is disrespectful? Am I the only one who would be both disappointed and angry if it were my friend or ally?

From this angle it looks a lot like your foot. I think we'd all like to see your responses to Fallen and Penguin, if you have any besides misdirection.

Blatant and unintelligent misdirection is apparently all Watchman knows.

Hell, he hasn't even quoted any of the posts with legitimate questions and concerns for the better part of a page.