CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My RP plan is to have one nation run by a certain person who is wanted dead by another nation for past grievances (long before both nations were formed).

Just do it anyway, it's a summer rp. If anyone complains, Ignore them. It's not their place to block your creative process. Have fun with it.

I don't understand why people insist on bringing RL politics into CNRP. Leave the shit hole that is the boiler room in the boiler room. Let us all have our own shit hole here in the RP forums.

This, oh so much this. 

Indeed, as if CNRP wasn't a shit fest as it is.

Goddamn folks, chill the fuck out and unbunch your panties. It was one off-hand comment but the way y'all reacted you'd think he made a whole post spouting the usual conservative anti-science anti-woman anti-lower class anti-minority anti-government anti-progress drivel. Honestly, nobody's bringing RL politics into CNRP.

You've answered your own question. A halberd is a pole-arm (the limits of which in a close-on fight should be obvious), plate armor has countless weakness and slows down the wearer (especially the arm pit, which a long knife could easily take advantage of to strike at the heart). Hell, if you look at most plate armor, it's designed for horseback combat. Why in god's name somebody would be wearing it in a knife fight is beyond me.

So, equipment here isn't an issue. It'd say that the 5 v 1 would be the only issue.

I'm going to assume this is one of those medieval side-RP's and not actual CNRP?

Edited by Gloval

You've answered your own question. A halberd is a pole-arm (the limits of which in a close-on fight should be obvious), plate armor has countless weakness and slows down the wearer (especially the arm pit, which a long knife could easily take advantage of to strike at the heart). Hell, if you look at most plate armor, it's designed for horseback combat. Why in god's name somebody would be wearing it in a knife fight is beyond me.

So, equipment here isn't an issue. It'd say that the 5 v 1 would be the only issue.

I'm going to assume this is one of those medieval side-RP's and not actual CNRP?

It's a 18th century RP.

Also, while the Stiletto has a certain speed advantage, I want to see how you get past the halberds. The stiletto is a good weapon for assasinations and surprise attacks, but if you can't get past a halberd's range, you'll be at the disadvantage. There's a reason it never became a main armament on the battlefield. If one fights in hallways, in wide ones, you'll face the five man band full on, in narrow ones, you still need to get past the first halberd's head, the second maybe even too, if you make a wrong decision, the axe will swing and the axe cleave you open.  Also, I think a trained soldier wouldn't unecessarily leave the armpit uncovered. Not to mention that plate armor was also used within infantry units, where it was not the same as the plate armor employed by heavy knights.

While the RP has magic, we don't have superhumans.

It's a 18th century RP.

Also, while the Stiletto has a certain speed advantage, I want to see how you get past the halberds. The stiletto is a good weapon for assasinations and surprise attacks, but if you can't get past a halberd's range, you'll be at the disadvantage. There's a reason it never became a main armament on the battlefield. If one fights in hallways, in wide ones, you'll face the five man band full on, in narrow ones, you still need to get past the first halberd's head, the second maybe even too, if you make a wrong decision, the axe will swing and the axe cleave you open.  Also, I think a trained soldier wouldn't unecessarily leave the armpit uncovered. Not to mention that plate armor was also used within infantry units, where it was not the same as the plate armor employed by heavy knights.

While the RP has magic, we don't have superhumans.

As I've not read the RP, I was unaware that it was a constrained hallway. A line of men with polearms in a hallway would be rather absurdly difficult to get past with daggers.

As for the armor, the plate mail used by infantry was mainly just a helmet and torso peice, so the issue of small vulnerable points like the neck and armpits remains relevant IF the dagger-wielding opponent can get close enough to make the halberd unwieldy. Notice the "if". :)