CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see other people are adopting my often used "toodles" :D

Best of luck, and happy trails EM. 

It's your trademark though! Sue'm for everything he's got!

Take care EM, it was always awesome talkin' with you dude. You'll be back though. :)

I discuss this matter here now, because it's not a GM issue anymore.

First, I'm on my high horse for surpressing a rebellion you started in my territory? Or am I on my high horse for not giving you all of that territory? Regardless of the two, I don't feel any less haughty behaviour from your side, instead you just try to childishly defy one established nation concentrating your efforts on me, though it gets you a response from multiple nations at Madison and at least my response to the RAS. And I doubt you will like it, but I also do not like your uprising. One reaps what one sows...

And just as a note, an independent country that causes uprisings in my own is a threat to be removed. In such a case, you can expect me to do everything to end the very idea of your liberty at the root. You won't get some free shots at my expense without retaliatory action, my dear Mara.

The biggest overall problem with your assumption that the territory is "yours" is the fact that it's disputed. I'm not causing an uprising in your country - I started a movement in white space. Next?

Edited by Mara Lithaen

The biggest overall problem with your assumption that the territory is "yours" is the fact that it's disputed. I'm not causing an uprising in your country - I started a movement in white space. Next?

The biggest problem with this, is that you assume just because OOCly it is disputed, ICly there are no borders drawn. For all the IC people care, it was in my territory, as was agreed on in Mexico City.

Cent, just gave your post a quick look, and I have some easy questions:

Are your ships, HNS Heraklion and HNS Patras, within the Argentine Sea? Also, what do the following acronyms stand for: HDRM, CAP.

Also, are your U-2 aircraft the same as the RL ones?

Thanks. :D As I said on IRC, I'll see if I can get a response by Tuesday.

Edited by Gloval

Cent, just gave your post a quick look, and I have some easy questions:

Are your ships, HNS Heraklion and HNS Patras, within the Argentine Sea? Also, what do the following acronyms stand for: HDRM, CAP.

Also, are your U-2 aircraft the same as the RL ones?

Thanks. :D As I said on IRC, I'll see if I can get a response by Tuesday.

The Battleships aren't in the Argentine Sea but rather the South-Western Atlantic. HDRM stands for High Density Reactive Material. A CAP, or Combat Air Patrol, is basically a patrol formation for aircraft to defend assets of interest. In this case my facilities on South Georgia and my navy.

No. The U-2, which can be found in my factbook, is a hypersonic and high altitude drone.

Just want to put it here for future reference: If I make a mistake in a war post due to not understanding some fancy technology, then use my mistake! If I say I set up a radar system that doesn't work, then it does work. If I fired missiles at something that doesn't exist, then I guess those missiles just got fired at a ghost. I'd rather have a smoother running IC RP where I get my ass kicked, than something where I have to go and edit major chunks of posts due to OOC misunderstandings.

You're flying blind and trying to hitt me with short range weaponry.  It is a stupid tactic.  People earlier today said you shouldn't do it.  You did it anyways.  I kept telling you on IRC not to.   If the definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result you're doing it.

The drones you're trying to shoot at are more like the X-47 B.  It has a IR Emissions reduction and is far more manuverable and flies higher up.  For whatever inconceivable you're shooting the most basic IR missiles against them.  Its not going to do much.   You're swatting at them like they are unstable propeller driven predator and reaper drones.  Its just dumb on your part.  I'm sorry but that's the honest truth, ask Shammy, Lavo, or Vektor they'll tell you you're being dumb too.

On ground forces there are casualties but they aren't that high, you haven't given specific numbers either.  However I did warn you geurilla operations you are employing weren't the best way to go.  

Edited by Triyun

You're flying blind and trying to hitt me with short range weaponry.  It is a stupid tactic.  People earlier today said you shouldn't do it.  You did it anyways.  I kept telling you on IRC not to.   If the definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result you're doing it.

That's the definition of insanity, not stupidity.

And mine are taking some losses at the opening of combat but returning fire with overwhelming force.  How're the results here surprising or illegitimate Bio, you're trying to fight insurgent style against a military power with far greater resources and 20 years tech gap on the current US military.  The Current US military lost about 5-6k men in the whole Iraq War and occupation against a very intense insurgency.  It lost about 3k men in the whole 12 year war in Afghanistan.  Exactly what levels of casualties were you expecting in a few weeks of fighting a force that has 2/3s of the Eurasian land mass's economy and natural resources to finance every pet project the US can't afford :P