CNRP OOC Thread

Stormcrow

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1340715840' post='2997168']
Did you execute this false god? If not, allow me to play a role in this vitally needed bit of role play as a demonstration as to why you don't copycat characters. I'm pondering a fire hose being jammed up his arse and then turning the water on full.
[/quote]

That RP will be written up later today, he was sentenced in my last post in El Universal.

[quote name='Kankou' timestamp='1341005003' post='3000154']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/b997n.jpg[/img]

I can just imagine that truck rolling on the roads of the Greater Quebec Republic.
[/quote]

You mean South America right?

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1341427483' post='3003492']
* America was kicked by KaiserMelech (KaiserMelech)

time to call the FBI.... :ph34r:
[/quote]
I knew it was a communist spy. Real Americans can tell these things, especially when not-real Americans try to masquerade as one of us. :mad:

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

Greetings,

I thought I would make my introductions here, instead of cluttering up my IC thread with OOC matters. I wanted to say hello to all of you, and hope that my experience here will be a good one. My friend, who doesn't RP but enjoyed reading your stories, recommended this site and community to me. I've read your RPs over the past weeks since I got out of school, including the history of the land I had my eye on, before posting. The impression I got reading through things (including this OOC thread and the Map thread) was that people generally ask OOC-ly for land before claiming it. If that is the way things work, then that is fine, and my request will most likely be shot down. However, I decided to make my request IC and public because, well, we're here for RP aren't we, not back room deals? If you are interested, my thread is located [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=112044"]here[/url]. Feedback is welcome.

West

I have seen the history of the United States of America on these forums. It has taken many interesting trips, including multiple players playing at once (which I thought was interesting), to those who have not been active, to those who have been attacked because of a name. Hopefully I will be able to break that trend.

Welcome to CNRP, I'm glad to see another interested player coming to join it. However, I had already made arrangement to RP in New York. As you noted, it is customary to request the lands from their protectors in an OOC fashion before declaring things IC'ly. Hence why I must ask you to cease your roll there... with that being said we could RP some stuff there to make an interesting story between us. Just look for me on IRC if you're interested.

Owned-You is correct. I always try to accommodate new roleplayers however he did contact me just yesterday about New York. You two can discuss what will happen to New York, and just let me know before I respond. Also, glad to have you here Westaxe, it's good to have another lurker join the light side.

Edited by Californian

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1341535475' post='3004373']
(OOC: Did you clear this with Jed/Ty & MostGloriousLeader? They own the territory and you' need permission from them beforehand. Not to mention I just spoke to them about RP'ing New York...)
[/quote]
[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1341539870' post='3004423']
Welcome to CNRP, I'm glad to see another interested player coming to join it. However, I had already made arrangement to RP in New York. As you noted, it is customary to request the lands from their protectors in an OOC fashion before declaring things IC'ly. Hence why I must ask you to cease your roll there... with that being said we could RP some stuff there to make an interesting story between us. Just look for me on IRC if you're interested.
[/quote]

As I stated earlier, I chose to make the request in public because it is a more realistic way of doing things. An IC forum should not be governed by backroom, OOC deals. Therefore, respectfully, I will not cease my roll there. If there is a problem with my request, it can be dealt with ICly. I will not, however, cease my request for OOC reasons. I have seen quoted many times that IC action takes precedence over OOC deals and what is claimed in the map thread. I have made an IC action. The actions/consequences to that action will follow. Feel free to send me a message on the IRC channel, but I will not be able to respond until tomorrow morning when I get home from work. I am happy to try and work something out, but will not give up a legitimate IC claim due to OOC requests/pressure.

[quote name='Californian' timestamp='1341543033' post='3004448']
Owned-You is correct. I always try to accommodate new roleplayers however he did contact me just yesterday about New York. You two can discuss what will happen to New York, and just let me know before I respond. Also, glad to have you here Westaxe, it's good to have another lurker join the light side.
[/quote]

While I understand your decision, I do disagree with it. There has been no IC action for Owned-You's request. An OOC request should not prohibit an IC action from your nation, in my eyes. Further, I do have to say I find this exceptionally unfair to a new RP'er who saw some unoccupied land and put together a thought-out and legitimate RP for it, only to be potentially shot down because of an OOC deal with another player who already has a nation.

[quote name='Westaxe' timestamp='1341549384' post='3004510']
As I stated earlier, I chose to make the request in public because it is a more realistic way of doing things. An IC forum should not be governed by backroom, OOC deals. Therefore, respectfully, I will not cease my roll there. If there is a problem with my request, it can be dealt with ICly. I will not, however, cease my request for OOC reasons. I have seen quoted many times that IC action takes precedence over OOC deals and what is claimed in the map thread. I have made an IC action. The actions/consequences to that action will follow. Feel free to send me a message on the IRC channel, but I will not be able to respond until tomorrow morning when I get home from work. I am happy to try and work something out, but will not give up a legitimate IC claim due to OOC requests/pressure.

[/quote]

Thing is you need Greenlands permission to RP there at all, as it is technically his land. You don't. Owned-You does.