FTW Juices Some Lemons

Velocity

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, probablymochi said:

Surprised at the lack of awareness of older nations and how PMing works at the start of wars and throughout to restock on things but that's just the beauty of the forum. 

Nice job on joining in on the fun, FTW. Have a blast. 

It's likely the scale of nations in peace mode 54 out of 87 is 62% of the alliance in peace mode after declaring war on Doom Squad, an alliance with 35 nations (5 pending). The percentage in peace mode from FTW should be far less than this, as one would expect blanket coverage except it appears to be 8 declarations before update, 4 more in the time between update and this post. The smart move by FTW would have been a handful of nations into Peace Mode (10 to 12) and then after the Declaration is posted to funnel around if they needed to.

As New Polar Order started on the 19th September, that would have been plenty of time for FTW to get into position, it just strikes as poor management by FTW.

12 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

It's likely the scale of nations in peace mode 54 out of 87 is 62% of the alliance in peace mode after declaring war on Doom Squad, an alliance with 35 nations (5 pending). The percentage in peace mode from FTW should be far less than this, as one would expect blanket coverage except it appears to be 8 declarations before update, 4 more in the time between update and this post. The smart move by FTW would have been a handful of nations into Peace Mode (10 to 12) and then after the Declaration is posted to funnel around if they needed to.

As New Polar Order started on the 19th September, that would have been plenty of time for FTW to get into position, it just strikes as poor management by FTW.

DS doesn't even have that many slots available. This is a ridiculous assessment lol

15 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Suppose so, if you put it that way. Maybe it was more looking at in the sense that DS is already fighting NpO and NoR, so the assumption they'd need less while they attempt to stretch DS thin could be a good enough reason. It was pretty impressive how quickly they managed to get people into PM, regardless. 

And, it's nice that they responded and got in on the action rather than peanut gallery comments. 

Edited by probablymochi
hehe.

Just now, probablymochi said:

Suppose so, if you put it that way. Maybe it was more looking at in the sense that DS is already fighting NpO and NoR, so the assumption they'd need less while they attempt to stretch DS thin could be a good enough reason. It was pretty impressive how quickly they managed to get people into PM, regardless. 

And, it's nice that they responded. 

It's quite possible that their Minister of War (Codark) got flashbacks to when he fought against Javier360 back on the 19th July and didn't want to have to go up against that. 53 of his fellow alliance members probably assumed that was an official military order for the war preparations and followed him into Peace Mode.

3 minutes ago, dev0win said:

DS doesn't even have that many slots available. This is a ridiculous assessment lol

Doom Squad have more offensive wars than defensive wars currently against New Polar Order. They have 5 defensive wars, and 21 offensive wars against New Polar Order in the last 7 day cycle up to FTW's declaration. Doom Squad had more than enough defensive slots for FTW to fill, and FTW decided not to do so. Instead, they declared 8 offensive wars on their "blitz", and 4 offensive wars after. The fact that FTW fumbled their DoW by telegraphing their moves into peace mode ended up with 2 offensive wars by Doom Squad on FTW before update, and then a 3rd war afterwards.

Ultimately, FTW is apparently the 5th biggest alliance and couldn't do more than nearly 3 nations full of slots when they could have blanket-sieged far more nations in Doom Squad. Not a good look.

7 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Doom Squad have more offensive wars than defensive wars currently against New Polar Order. They have 5 defensive wars, and 21 offensive wars against New Polar Order in the last 7 day cycle up to FTW's declaration. Doom Squad had more than enough defensive slots for FTW to fill, and FTW decided not to do so. Instead, they declared 8 offensive wars on their "blitz", and 4 offensive wars after. The fact that FTW fumbled their DoW by telegraphing their moves into peace mode ended up with 2 offensive wars by Doom Squad on FTW before update, and then a 3rd war afterwards.

Ultimately, FTW is apparently the 5th biggest alliance and couldn't do more than nearly 3 nations full of slots when they could have blanket-sieged far more nations in Doom Squad. Not a good look.

FTW declared at like 9pm instead of a reset blitz which is much more likely the factor allowing DS to respond. Even if they hadn't DS is routinely on a reset due to their ongoing war and with the significant number of DS waiting in PM it's very easy for them to squeek out a few wars. You additionally aren't factoring in staggers. Lastly, even if FTW had nobody in PM and completely slot filled DS that wouldn't necessarily have meant 100% of any non-anarchied, non-peace mode nations would have anarchied.

So again. Your assessment is utterly ridiculous. I dare say shallow and pedantic. 

20 minutes ago, DavidMustaine said:

FTW doesn't need to do much more than what they are considering that PGSG/MU/DS are tied up with polar and nor already, sending nations into peace mode would make sense if they are anticipating another entry, especially if its from doomsphere.   

A man with sound logic

29 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

It's quite possible that their Minister of War (Codark) got flashbacks to when he fought against Javier360 back on the 19th July and didn't want to have to go up against that. 53 of his fellow alliance members probably assumed that was an official military order for the war preparations and followed him into Peace Mode.

PM order came straight from the top, I decided that. There is more to war than the initial declaration, and I fully expect counters to us hitting DS.

Unless, of course, you mean to correct my assumption that other alliances in CN still have the gonads to declare a war! Hopefully this can clear up your confusion on the matter.

Just now, Velocity said:

PM order came straight from the top, I decided that. There is more to war than the initial declaration, and I fully expect counters to us hitting DS.

Unless, of course, you mean to correct my assumption that other alliances in CN still have the gonads to declare a war! Hopefully this can clear up your confusion on the matter.

Of which I commend you for coming out and saying that. Indeed, it does seem that FTW have been sent in like canaries to see what might occur next, so more nations in peace mode would be a more reasonable strategy albeit the way it's done probably could have been actioned far better (for example more of a spread in terms of timeframe to allow for better staggering opportunities).

Peacemoding nations was the rigjt call, but you PMd too late and hit too early. Those nations are usless for 5 days now, and we can continue to keep our staggers moving. You could've made movement yo help your ally, but you were too timid with your response. But the time you can respond, Polar will be adequately staggered, and we can call in reinforcements a our leisure while a large contingent of DS nations can exit and fight at will.

You lost the momentum before you ever got going. Good plan, poor execution. We'll make sure you pay for that in the infra we demolish, but props to FTW for having the cajones to step up and fight. NG should certainly be taking notes.

Edited by Gh0s7

2 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

I would just keep people with assignments out of peace mode, put everybody else in. When a counter-declare comes, you can then declare at a time / place that works for you.

FTW's strategy seems like a good one to me.

2 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Instead of fixating on peace mode stats and blitzes, I am going to give all involved grace as most of us are not kids anymore (many of us have kids) and are just doing the best we can to stay active here. This world is basically water aerobics at this point.

I am just happy something might be happening after a 2 year dry spell for many of us. 

1 hour ago, Gh0s7 said:

Peacemoding nations was the rigjt call, but you PMd too late and hit too early. Those nations are usless for 5 days now, and we can continue to keep our staggers moving. You could've made movement yo help your ally, but you were too timid with your response. But the time you can respond, Polar will be adequately staggered, and we can call in reinforcements a our leisure while a large contingent of DS nations can exit and fight at will.

You lost the momentum before you ever got going. Good plan, poor execution. We'll make sure you pay for that in the infra we demolish, but props to FTW for having the cajones to step up and fight. NG should certainly be taking notes.

Eagerly waits for counters to mobilize and execute in less than 5 days to make this comment worthwhile 

Also, I just love how we're all arguing about days when we know this war gonna last two years with the warchests these days. Well, maybe not PSGS's but you get the point.

5 minutes ago, dev0win said:

Eagerly waits for counters to mobilize and execute in less than 5 days to make this comment worthwhile 

Also, I just love how we're all arguing about days when we know this war gonna last two years with the warchests these days. Well, maybe not PSGS's but you get the point.

God I hope not.

Let's find a way to move away from 6-month wars and 2-year periods of peace. Let's make wars 8-10 weeks and move on.

1 hour ago, Not the Carlton said:

Instead of fixating on peace mode stats and blitzes, I am going to give all involved grace as most of us are not kids anymore (many of us have kids) and are just doing the best we can to stay active here. This world is basically water aerobics at this point.

I am just happy something might be happening after a 2 year dry spell for many of us. 

With all the rumours I've heard of a DS and NATO feud I'm surprised to see you're not involved.   Yet?  

19 minutes ago, dev0win said:

I gave them props though! I give them props for actually doing something, which has become a lot harder to do today than it has on the past.

But I'm still going to point out that a little more patience and foresight would've made this declaration a lot more impactful. As it is, it's toothless. It's going to take 2-3 rounds to actually.make an impact on our ability to fight, whereas it could've screwed up our next 2-3 rounds of fighting if they hit PM on the 30th and declared on the 5th. It would've given them significantly greater manuverability, and pressured us to not commit to staggering Polar and risk over extending. Regardless, the cards have been dealt and here we are