We’re All Mad(lads) Here

AkkenNovikov

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

But 154 nations vs 16 nations must seem reasonable for your quest of retribution. You could have given yourself a better advantage with GATO and DT joining so you'd have 253 nations vs their 16 nations.

good idea

5 minutes ago, Cosmic Chocolate said:

Regardless I don’t want to see anyone on that side talk about numbers 😂

As you already corrected yourself, I'll not be inclined to do so. 

However, it's a different situation. They (Shenanigans) didn't come after you, you went after them (CCC). By comparison, you don't see TW whining about the number parity between us and KoRT/TPE because we attacked them. We knew they had the numbers advantage even when we attacked just TPE. 

On the other hand, MU, DS, and PGS took their overwhelming numbers to hit NOR to provoke a larger conflict. So, yes, people will point out the attempt to curbstomp an alliance for nothing more than to provoke their allies into retailating to cause a larger war. I, for one, am grateful that anything is happening so I'm not going to complain about a war or the reasons for a war.

But when people call out the parity on the aggressor's part, you don't get to sit on the high horse and try to justify your actions by pointing to an unrelated situation where the aggressor stupidly attacked into a coalition of hundreds of nations with just a few nations. 

16 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

As you already corrected yourself, I'll not be inclined to do so. 

However, it's a different situation. They (Shenanigans) didn't come after you, you went after them (CCC). By comparison, you don't see TW whining about the number parity between us and KoRT/TPE because we attacked them. We knew they had the numbers advantage even when we attacked just TPE. 

On the other hand, MU, DS, and PGS took their overwhelming numbers to hit NOR to provoke a larger conflict. So, yes, people will point out the attempt to curbstomp an alliance for nothing more than to provoke their allies into retailating to cause a larger war. I, for one, am grateful that anything is happening so I'm not going to complain about a war or the reasons for a war.

But when people call out the parity on the aggressor's part, you don't get to sit on the high horse and try to justify your actions by pointing to an unrelated situation where the aggressor stupidly attacked into a coalition of hundreds of nations with just a few nations. 

I dont think were trying to sit here and justify anything. If certain parties don't like how we acted, then they should absolutely act and do something about it. The way we treated their ally was a little heavy handed, and they have MDoAPs with 3 alliances. I would be supremely disappointed if they just left their poor ally out to be treated as such.

As to the merits of the cb, no cb has ever convinced the opposing side it was justified, so feel free to debate for 10-20 pages as to its merit. We decided it had enough merit to act, and did so in a manner that we agreed was acceptable. Whether you and yours agree with it or not is ultimately irrelavent; no matter how solid a cb is/was, you lot were never going to support it. 

Edited by Gh0s7
Spelling

17 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

I dont think were trying to sit here and justify anything. If certain parties don't like how we acted, then they should absolutely act and do something about it. The way we treated their ally was a little heavy handed, and they have MDoAPs with 3 alliances. I would be supremely disappointed if they just left their poor ally out to be treated as such.

As to the merits of the cb, no cb has ever convinced the opposing side it was justified, so feel free to debate for 10-20 pages as to its merit. We decided it had enough merit to act, and did so in a manner that we agreed was acceptable. Whether you and yours agree with it or not is ultimately irrelavent; no matter how solid a cb is/was, you lot were never going to support it. 

I'm simply a part of the peanut gallery. I say what I see, and what I see is a rather clear attempt to bait a larger war. If people would stop with the paltry attempts at subterfuge, then you won't see people calling you out. 

You're right though, cb's don't matter. In fact, I said war is war and cb's shouldn't be a thing people are fussing over. Neither side ever accepts the position of the other side. So enjoy your war. Let it spread and cause more casualties. I've said my piece. 

11 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

I'm simply a part of the peanut gallery. I say what I see, and what I see is a rather clear attempt to bait a larger war. If people would stop with the paltry attempts at subterfuge, then you won't see people calling you out. 

You're right though, cb's don't matter. In fact, I said war is war and cb's shouldn't be a thing people are fussing over. Neither side ever accepts the position of the other side. So enjoy your war. Let it spread and cause more casualties. I've said my piece. 

Man typing dissertation fussing over CBs ends with "don't fuss about CBs"

Love to see it

15 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

So we should just all forsake all pretense of politics and declare coalition wars? If we go that far, might as well delete forums and discord as well.  Just adds another extra step anyway. Just let rng determine leaders and hell, let it declare the wars for us too. It'll be a lot more transparent that way. Nice and simple; no pageantry.

Edited by Gh0s7

1 hour ago, Cosmic Chocolate said:

And you used 5 AAs against 5 Nations…stop it.

correction you didn’t but your former AA did..regardless

It was more than 5 AAs...

1 hour ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

On the other hand, MU, DS, and PGS took their overwhelming numbers to hit NOR to provoke a larger conflict. So, yes, people will point out the attempt to curbstomp an alliance

Come on. This is clearly a war where the aggressors are at a severe disadvantage. Let's not make the claim they're trying to 'curbstomp' anybody. There's a reason nobody started a war til these guys got fed up. Because the person who starts the war is at a disadvantage.

Edited by firingline

3 minutes ago, firingline said:

Come on. This is clearly a war where the aggressors are at a severe disadvantage. Let's not make the claim they're trying to 'curbstomp' anybody. There's a reason nobody started a war til these guys got fed up. Because the person who starts the war is at a disadvantage.

For once nobody can blame you for something war starting related 

3 minutes ago, JuiceBox said:

For once nobody can blame you for something war starting related 

Not so fast.

I was part of the escalation of the war fighting against UCR that caused NoR to abandon their allies that served as the CB here.

2 minutes ago, firingline said:

Not so fast.

I was part of the escalation of the war fighting against UCR that caused NoR to abandon their allies that served as the CB here.

Well just crushed my hopes and dreams lol, I tried atleast.

13 minutes ago, firingline said:

I was going off the 5 that tried..

I just don't care.  CBs, treaties, politics, diplomacy and anything resembling an original idea died long ago.  Planet Bob is left with Micro drama and nuclear rogues who think they are original.  I cannot even bother to figure out which side will end up on.  As long as I am not on the same side as CLAM or that annoying guy I am good.  

16 hours ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Big facts here; more people should stop buying tech. What's the point if you're too big to hit anyone but also allied to every other nation you could hit?

There are plenty in range of 40k tech. The question is what side of the range I wanted to be on. Having now hit 40k tech, I’m on what I think is the fun side

1 hour ago, TheBigBad said:

I just don't care.  CBs, treaties, politics, diplomacy and anything resembling an original idea died long ago.  Planet Bob is left with Micro drama and nuclear rogues who think they are original.  I cannot even bother to figure out which side will end up on.  As long as I am not on the same side as CLAM or that annoying guy I am good.  

You keep rambling about completely unrelated topics.

While it's sure funny to me to see I still live rent-free in your head, this is certainly CBs / treaties / politics and a major war. Not 'micro drama'.

13 minutes ago, tehol said:

There are plenty in range of 40k tech. The question is what side of the range I wanted to be on. Having now hit 40k tech, I’m on what I think is the fun side

Oh you sweet summer child. You haven’t yet learned the proper ways. One day you will embrace the path of the casualty instead of the way of pixels. 

21 minutes ago, kerschbs said:

Oh you sweet summer child. You haven’t yet learned the proper ways. One day you will embrace the path of the casualty instead of the way of pixels. 

The true and only way is the way of the "old bay". Its amazing with boiled/steamed Krab!!!