Cookout/Polar Announcement Re Nukes^6

43 minutes ago, firingline said:

Everybody keeps waving their hands around about all the great things Sponge has done since he was publicly humiliated and slinked away from CN. But nobody has any examples. Odd!

Well I cant speak much on his time with Vox but after they disbanded a bunch went into TLC which he led and was part of Frostbite bloc. Not as impressive as leading your great "alliance" though.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ditchboy00 said:

Well I cant speak much on his time with Vox but after they disbanded a bunch went into TLC which he led and was part of Frostbite bloc. Not as impressive as leading your great "alliance" though.

So he formed a micro that disbanded 4 months later?

You sure showed me!

25 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

It was a pretty decent alliance for the time, one has to remember that things back then were more rapid so months felt more like years at times.

Even for those days it was a small alliance with no real influence and 4 months was still a very short lifespan for an alliance.

It’s true that 4 months might represent a period between major wars whereas it appears to be more like 4 YEARS today. But it would be considered a failure of an alliance even back in those days.

2 hours ago, firingline said:

So he formed a micro that disbanded 4 months later?

You sure showed me!

Well like I said I wasnt involved in his Vox days. That said his alliance he formed and help create a bloc. If that was the only thing he did in CN that alone would be more than you've accomplished so....

2 hours ago, ditchboy00 said:

Well like I said I wasnt involved in his Vox days. That said his alliance he formed and help create a bloc. If that was the only thing he did in CN that alone would be more than you've accomplished so....

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

A 4-alliance bloc that lasted all of 7 months before imploding was not a major accomplishment.

Nobody and nothing ended Sponge's career, which isn't ended yet. Sure, the man had his (many) ups and (few) downs, and he never seriously said that he never failed. Anyone trying to dig up any dirt about him, to have him get upset or in any way embarrassed, is wasting their time. ES has always owned to his failures.

All of that said, I'm fairly sure that the vast majority of people that know anything about CN think that Sponge has been mostly successful. Provided that he has the time and the inclination to do so, he still has all the qualities needed to be equally successful in the future.

(IMHO The Liquor Cabinet wasn't on par with other things he contributed to, but I'll always fondly remember "Bring It", his Vox times and The Tattler.)

6 hours ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

one has to remember that things back then were more rapid so months felt more like years at times.

I beg of you to not remind me of this fact.  Whenever I look back on the actual duration of events in CN history and my own career, it always bends my mind.

On 7/23/2024 at 6:02 PM, ADude said:

2: you aren’t dismantling anything, we will be here as long as we need to be.

I think you'll be here as long as fl keeps making "look at me" posts on here. There's no other substance to this now, which is a shame because I for one think your actual central point about OOC attacks on players is valid but I also think that by making it into an in game war issue you've destroyed any possibility of it being taken seriously on its own merits. 

2 hours ago, Sabcat said:

There's no other substance to this now

I think the two top-100 players who just got dismantled would disagree that there's no "substance."

but I also think that by making it into an in game war issue you've destroyed any possibility of it being taken seriously on its own merits. 

What a brain-dead take. Nothing happened about these attacks for years. But somehow us finally doing something about it means it "won't be taken seriously" because... reasons?

1 minute ago, firingline said:

I think the two top-100 players who just got dismantled would disagree that there's no "substance."

What a brain-dead take. Nothing happened about these attacks for years. But somehow us finally doing something about it means it "won't be taken seriously" because... reasons?

2 whole nations? Crikey. We've never seen the like. 

You're not doing anything about it, no one cares, it's just another nonsense CB in a long procession of other nonsense CBs

Just now, Sabcat said:

2 whole nations? Crikey. We've never seen the like. 

You're not doing anything about it, no one cares, it's just another nonsense CB in a long procession of other nonsense CBs

You're really bad at this.

I am getting the feeling Bundy kind of broke you during the last Commie Bash. Unfortunate, really.

30 minutes ago, firingline said:

You're really bad at this.

I am getting the feeling Bundy kind of broke you during the last Commie Bash. Unfortunate, really.

You say that and yet here you are, a war with no aims and no end game that's degenerated to "look mom, we've smashed up some stuff" and no one cares. 

I had lots of fun in that war and I hope you did too. This though, it's not good, is it? 

17 hours ago, firingline said:

Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

A 4-alliance bloc that lasted all of 7 months before imploding was not a major accomplishment.

I mean youve done what? Cry on the OWF because someone made  fun of you? You are right much more accomplished. 

14 minutes ago, ditchboy00 said:

I mean youve done what? Cry on the OWF because someone made  fun of you? You are right much more accomplished. 

I don't even know what you're going on about anymore.

Where did I ever claim I was "more accomplished" than anybody? Please be incredibly specific; quote the exact line.

3 hours ago, firingline said:

I don't even know what you're going on about anymore.

Where did I ever claim I was "more accomplished" than anybody? Please be incredibly specific; quote the exact line.

So you say a guys career was finished, disregard the examples of what he did after your claim to be proven wrong, then act confused when someone used yourself as a comparison of accomplishments. I get it you are dumb.

Just now, ditchboy00 said:

So you say a guys career was finished, disregard the examples of what he did after your claim to be proven wrong, then act confused when someone used yourself as a comparison of accomplishments. I get it you are dumb.

You have poor reading comprehension and anger management skills.

I'd suggest you work on those things.

p.s. you didn't prove anything wrong.

8 hours ago, firingline said:

You have poor reading comprehension and anger management skills.

I'd suggest you work on those things.

p.s. you didn't prove anything wrong.

Im sorry that you cant follow along on a simple conversation without being confused. I shouldnt make light of your disabilities. 

On 7/23/2024 at 2:11 PM, ADude said:

Doing what's right > Pixels

I want you to take this slogan back to the creator and get a refund, you tried I guess. Look around you and ask if you have been doing the right thing, not sure a circle jerk of top tier nations is really what's right but that would make this a way deeper conversation than you actually wanna have I suspect.

11 minutes ago, Mogar said:

I want you to take this slogan back to the creator and get a refund, you tried I guess. Look around you and ask if you have been doing the right thing, not sure a circle jerk of top tier nations is really what's right but that would make this a way deeper conversation than you actually wanna have I suspect.

You all had your opportunity ties before and you couldn't stomach what it would take. Theb you slowly got torn to pieces bit by bit. You have my sympathy, but you are dealing with the consequences of your sides choices, Mogar. 

3 hours ago, Gh0s7 said:

You all had your opportunity ties before and you couldn't stomach what it would take. Theb you slowly got torn to pieces bit by bit. You have my sympathy, but you are dealing with the consequences of your sides choices, Mogar. 

Not sure what you're trying to say you're so vague, almost unintelligible.

We had the opportunity to join the circle jerk but couldn't stomach forever curbstomping the same select few Doom/NPO approved targets outside the circle effectively killing CN? Yeah, I guess we couldn't stomach it you're right.

4 hours ago, Canik said:

Not sure what you're trying to say you're so vague, almost unintelligible.

We had the opportunity to join the circle jerk but couldn't stomach forever curbstomping the same select few Doom/NPO approved targets outside the circle effectively killing CN? Yeah, I guess we couldn't stomach it you're right.

It might seem that way to you, because you weren't the one being addressed and I'm not interested in roping you into the discussion.

My reference was from 2014, and Mogar is fully aware of what I'm talking about.

11 hours ago, Mogar said:

This goes hard

11 hours ago, Mogar said:

Look around you and ask if you have been doing the right thing, 

Yes. Standing up to personal OOC attacks is indeed doing the right thing.

The fact that two of your nations lost to Javier does not mean you're suddenly 'in the right'. Underdogs =/= victims.

On 7/24/2024 at 9:39 AM, firingline said:

No, that was very much the end.

It's pretty cute that you're pretending Sponge had some kind of dignified exit.

He didn't.

He got outplayed, so he just 'stopped logging in' until he was removed. He did try to get his revenge in the last global, but instead lead a mediocre alliance to a stalemate (with, I must note, one of the biggest failures of a subplot I've ever seen - trying to "drag down" a doombird; that doombird how has twice the tech of any Polar nation.)

Then he retired again.

Yawn.

I love how a nobody who was not there thinks they have a clue.  I do not recall you seeing you in the Continuum leadership channel as a we first work to Polar down then had an even bigger headache with ES and Vox working to dismantle the coalition and Q.   You see the difference between you and ES even if he was your enemy you respected the hell out him.  You?  You are just annoying.  And make it worse you speak about things you know nothing about.  You are Walford.  Look him up.