Imperium Recognition of War

4 minutes ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

Tell that to Galactic Guard... You know, that alliance you disbanded for no reason.

Were they a threat to you? No.

We didn't disband Galactic Guard, Masterchief777 booted all the former SNXers off the AA, and many chose to join SNX. Of course you're probably going to repeat that lie a few dozen more times, but the record must be clear. He was a traitor who collaborated with our enemies and split our alliance during the July Revolution. Several former GG members are fighting with us today against these new aggressors.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

We didn't disband Galactic Guard, Masterchief777 booted all the former SNXers off the AA, and many chose to join SNX. Of course you're probably going to repeat that lie a few dozen more times, but the record must be clear. He was a traitor who collaborated with our enemies and split our alliance during the July Revolution. Several former GG members are fighting with us today against these new aggressors.

The guy who lied to his own members and government accuses another as being a 'traitor'.

Just because they were ex-SNXs doesn't give you a right to invade their 'sovereignty' (that word you use a lot), you had no claim over them. They were their own peaceful alliance.

They were not a threat to you. They didn't want war and their leader didn't have 'fun'. In fact, I'm sure he even had a little 'hate and contempt'...

You went in because you had DK backing and they had very little political muscle.

You reap what you sow.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

5 minutes ago, Galerion said:

You can read the declaration here we didn't demand for them to disband.

So let's say you guys didn't hit Galactic Guard and they were still around today-  would they have ended up hitting SNX?

We both know that answer.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

The point of a military offensive is not necessarily to crush an enemy. While that seems the point of the majority of wars in today's barbaric world, in the case of the November Third Offensive our goal was to strengthen the Imperium long-term with the objectives of re-unification of the Greater Imperium. The war itself was one of extremely localized force and limited duration, and we welcomed back former SNXers as well as a few new people with open arms. You can ask many former members such as Joel James and Hannibal90 and you will find loyal Imperators today.

Of course, the objective of this war is totally different... the desire is to annihilate the freedom of potential and the prosperity of the Imperium's membership over, according to the aggressor coalition, the hurt feelings of their leadership. This goal will be resisted to the death by the Imperium... this is no normal alliance, but a sacred brotherhood and the home of the Producerist Revolution.

Edited by Immortan Junka

2 minutes ago, Immortan Junka said:

The point of a military offensive is not necessarily to crush an enemy. While that seems the point of the majority of wars in today's barbaric world, in the case of the November Third Offensive our goal was to strengthen the Imperium long-term with the objectives of re-unification of the Greater Imperium. The war itself was one of extremely localized force and limited duration, and we welcomed back former SNXers as well as a few new people with open arms. You can ask many former members such as Joel James and Hannibal90 and you will find loyal Imperators today.

Of course, the objective of this war is totally different... the desire is to annihilate the freedom of potential and the prosperity of the Imperium's membership over, according to the aggressor coalition, the hurt feelings of their membership. This goal will be resisted to the death by the Imperium... this is no normal alliance, but a sacred brotherhood and the home of the Producerist Revolution.

*turdpost alert*

1 minute ago, Immortan Junka said:

Of course, the objective of this war is totally different... the desire is to annihilate the freedom of potential and the prosperity of the Imperium's membership over, according to the aggressor coalition, the hurt feelings of their membership. This goal will be resisted to the death by the Imperium... this is no normal alliance, but a sacred brotherhood and the home of the Producerist Revolution.

You're right about the objective of this war being totally different, however your understanding of what the objective of this war is is suspect. I'd try to enlighten you on the point but everyone else has failed on that point for a long time, no reason bash my head against the wall too.

1 minute ago, Petro said:

You're right about the objective of this war being totally different, however your understanding of what the objective of this war is is suspect. I'd try to enlighten you on the point but everyone else has failed on that point for a long time, no reason bash my head against the wall too.

I, for one, look forward to working with Tywin to salvage his alliance from utter destruction.

7 hours ago, Auctor said:

I get that this was 'sposda be some kind of clever retort, but he made a pretty valid point there about the mechanical nature of this world. Unless you're arguing that tech doesn't meaningfully increase damage potential, you aren't actually addressing his point at all.

It does indeed increase damage, for the short time that you get to keep it if you're in a tough war. When you're in an alliance that at least occasionally fights against the odds, you find that the tech lost in such wars is so immense that there really isn't much point in trying to maximize it. You are better off focussing on other factors that are under your control to maximize damage, and keeping your tech level out of the super-tech range that you only get to stay in if you only fight easy wars.

Taking damage doesn't actually mean that damage you do upfront isn't strategically useful. The alliance forting up and having the ability to do incredible damage upfront is a lot more of a tactical consideration in most cases than "oh snap, they have a midtier" tbh.

This isn't to say maximizing other factors isn't wise, just that maximizing ALL factors is wise.

27 minutes ago, Auctor said:

Taking damage doesn't actually mean that damage you do upfront isn't strategically useful. The alliance forting up and having the ability to do incredible damage upfront is a lot more of a tactical consideration in most cases than "oh snap, they have a midtier" tbh.

This isn't to say maximizing other factors isn't wise, just that maximizing ALL factors is wise.

I attacked 4 Umbrella nations, causing a few thousand tech damage throughout that 7 days of war.  Since then those Umbrella nations have fully recovered their tech losses from me.

In doing so I was countered by 3 nations and had all of my defensive slots filled with 3 nations for at least 2 months.  I lost 30k tech in that time.  I caused a few thousand in tech damage and took more.  Its a numbers game and when your opponents can put 3 nations on you and can fully absord all the damage you do, its not a numbers game that the numerically inferior side can win, especially if they are outnumbered in every single tier.

I went in knowing that.  I went in knowing that even if hte whole of DBDC suicided in with me that the damage I/we could do is insignificant to stop Oculus.  The same is true now with every single conflict Oculus engages in in the future as long as Oculus remains whole, with nobody betraying Oculus.  No matter the alliance Oculus has more numbers in all tiers to swarm and outnumber them, and thus nobody can defeat Oculus militarily.  

There is no scenario in which Oculus can take a game changing amount of damage with the current alliances in Oculus.  It just is not mathematically impossible.  There does not exist a way for Oculus to take meaningful significant damage in any conflict anymore.

Oculus has the nations in every tier to not worry about any other coalition or alliance getting any number of nations in the upper or mid tier since throughout Oculus they have more nations in every tier than every other power base left.

That said, people still will honor treaties and enter wars knowing they will lose to the overwhelming might of Oculus. 

Edited by Caliph

39 minutes ago, Mogar said:

What does any of this have to do with helping poor Tywin save his nations from taking excessive damage over his hubris?

My comment had to do with agreeing with Auctor in saying that that since Oculus has too many nations in all t iers they have nothing to fear in terms of legitimite military threats since they have vast amount of nations in all tiers.  

And that every time someone fightst Oculus they lose more tech than the Oculus nations do as a whole because that damage is spread across all of oculus wheres the damage on you is on you.  You cannot simply target uppers tiers in Oculus for longer than 1 round because they will dog pile on you and ensure their upper tiers just do not take significant damage.   

So anything Tywins alliance takes or does not take is entirely at the whim of what Oculus wants to do since there does not exist a force that can stop them.  

olXCC8e.jpg

A soldier scorned in foreign land,
Yet he sings the Imperium's songs.
Comrades fallen in July,
Silently hum along.
We care about nothing around us,
Whether the whole world
Curse us or praise us,
These tired feet march onward.

We stood fast in 2015 July,
Against North, South, East and West.
And still now, prepared to defend,
Against even the Enemy's best.
We do not rest, we obliterate,
Until no one disturbs Supernova X.
And even when our ranks thin,
There is no such thing as retreat.

Edited by Immortan Junka

2 hours ago, Immortan Junka said:

olXCC8e.jpg

A soldier scorned in foreign home land,
Yet he sings the Imperium's God save us all songs.
Comrades fallen in July,
Silently hum shout loudly along.
We care about nothing everything around us,
Whether the whole world
Curse us or praise us,
These tired feet march onward homeward.

We stood fast shortly in 2015 July,
Against North, South, East and West.
And still now, prepared to defend,
Against even the Enemy's best.
We do not rest making our white flags, before we get obliterated,
Until no one disturbs Supernova X.
And even when our ranks thin,
There is no such thing as retreat common sense.

I agree

4 hours ago, Caliph said:

My comment had to do with agreeing with Auctor in saying that that since Oculus has too many nations in all t iers they have nothing to fear in terms of legitimite military threats since they have vast amount of nations in all tiers.  

And that every time someone fightst Oculus they lose more tech than the Oculus nations do as a whole because that damage is spread across all of oculus wheres the damage on you is on you.  You cannot simply target uppers tiers in Oculus for longer than 1 round because they will dog pile on you and ensure their upper tiers just do not take significant damage.   

So anything Tywins alliance takes or does not take is entirely at the whim of what Oculus wants to do since there does not exist a force that can stop them.  

I've stared at this comment for quite some time. Scratching my head and actually analyzing the circumstances you are really in and I still can't understand the moping. Is it a PR tactic?

While admirable to disband so that DBDC wasn't dragged into it, reflecting your disadvagte in the upper teir is silly considering you didn't even attempt to utilize some pretty powerful tools at the time of SPTR war, DBDC ties, and their ties to Sparta. So there was an upper teir in your corner and you chose to instead throw yourself in a ball of fire and then tantrum how you never had a snow ball's chance... Hell you didn't even try, how the hell would you even know?

You've grown a profound sense of entitlement and it wreaks of BS.

Let's not forget Polar used to be the planet Bob whipping boy, and they took it a hell of a lot better than you.

Think about it, Oculus isn't really that different than it was in the Doom War, Umbrella/Pacifica/AZTEC were tied, you had DS, DBDC, non grata and Nordreich, ODN and IRON, VE, FTW on your side, plus a crap ton of others (kash, Kaskus, atlas, etc)

You didn't complain about it then....

2 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

I've stared at this comment for quite some time. Scratching my head and actually analyzing the circumstances you are really in and I still can't understand the moping. Is it a PR tactic?

While admirable to disband so that DBDC wasn't dragged into it, reflecting your disadvagte in the upper teir is silly considering you didn't even attempt to utilize some pretty powerful tools at the time of SPTR war, DBDC ties, and their ties to Sparta. So there was an upper teir in your corner and you chose to instead throw yourself in a ball of fire and then tantrum how you never had a snow ball's chance... Hell you didn't even try, how the hell would you even know?

You've grown a profound sense of entitlement and it wreaks of BS.

Let's not forget Polar used to be the planet Bob whipping boy, and they took it a hell of a lot better than you.

Think about it, Oculus isn't really that different than it was in the Doom War, Umbrella/Pacifica/AZTEC were tied, you had DS, DBDC, non grata and Nordreich, ODN and IRON, VE, FTW on your side, plus a crap ton of others (kash, Kaskus, atlas, etc)

You didn't complain about it then....

You seem really intent to tie me to Spatr and Bones.  Their war has nothing to do with me, stop pushing that party line.

Going mathematically here, I lost 30k tech fighting Oculus.  Oculus didn't even lose a fraction of that fighting me.  They have more nations capable of absorbing more nations in every single tier than all the rest of the alliances left here.  Combined.  

There is not a single thing anyone else can do about.  Everyone who is at peace currently is only at peace because Oculus doesn't feel like warring you right now.  

Yeah I used to have an upper tier.  Used to be in DBDC.  Could have easily stayed there and sat the war out, sitting high and mighty in the top 40.  Ties with most of Oculus.  I decided to help friends out instead.  Then Oculus made it personal with surrender terms aimed at me.  To send a message.  So I don't really care what Oculus thinks of me, they know where I'm at if they want to do something about it.

And you do too.  You've seen my nation, come get some if you keep running your mouth like that.  You are writing checks your ass can't cash just because Oculus fully supports you.  What takes more guts?  Falling in line with those in power currently?  Or taking a stand against the powers that be and calling it like I see it?

I'm just agreeing with Auctor here.  There does not exist a grouping of power outside of Oculus that can amass any tier of NS that Oculus cannot defeat with numbers.  Oculus is the mightiest grouping ever created proportionally.  So people are not attacked by Oculus because they are amassing certain NS groupins because nobody is anywhere near being able to challange Oculus for a military victory.  Any Karma, any Equibrilium, is years away from being able to happen and that assumes Oculus will stop accumulating tech in the upper tiers during this time.  They will not, so really Oculus has everyone by the balls.  

And I still say what I say.  I spoke out against NPO when they ruled this world in 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, and other years.  Took a break from that when I was in Umbrella and Doom because honestly there just wasn't such a power grouping then.  But with Oculus, well that is not something I like.  And thus I speak out.

And if its shark week, you know where I'm at, come get some.

3 hours ago, Caliph said:

And if its shark week, you know where I'm at, come get some.

Yes Caliph, everybody knows where you are at, you've reminded us in every single thread.

Edited by Lord Hitchcock

6 hours ago, Lord Hitchcock said:

While admirable to disband so that DBDC wasn't dragged into it, reflecting your disadvagte in the upper teir is silly considering you didn't even attempt to utilize some pretty powerful tools at the time of SPTR war, DBDC ties, and their ties to Sparta. So there was an upper teir in your corner and you chose to instead throw yourself in a ball of fire and then tantrum how you never had a snow ball's chance... Hell you didn't even try, how the hell would you even know

What are you talking about with the disband remark? If you're thinking of Doom Kingdom, Caliph wasn't in DK. He left DBDC to join Last Call.

And for the last time, Doom Kingdom didn't disband in order to avoid dragging DBDC into a losing war in defense of Kashmir. They disbanded for other reasons. A few of their nations joined Last Call partly to help fight in the war, most went elsewhere.