CNRP Ascending OOC Thread...

Captain Enema

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be perfectly, unequivocally clear to you and the other GMs, Triyun in no way shape or form wrote that for me. Every single word and phrase was done on my own and on my own time. It painstakingly took me hours to write this. You can ask Dillion who has been waiting to read my response since yesterday. You can ask one of the mods to look through my PMs and my archived PMs to check if he has sent me things to post. He hasn't. Mara is sending 180 F-18Es at me which is some type of silly Pearl Harbor style attack. Such a thing would never happen in the modern day. I asked Triyun if I should send 100 of my fighters to go combat her, and he told me that those kinds of engagements don't happen in the real world, plus I would just putting my own ships at danger. He told me to use SAMs, and that's about it. I researched the Patriot Missile defense system, I looked up how it works and which model to used, and I found how far they could attack her aircraft from sea which is about 42.5 miles. I said they'd engage her at 40 incase she tried to turn around.

Also the CIWS system I worked my ass off to write. Go read the wikipedia page, everything I wrote can be found there. For the tomohawk the most sophisticated thing I wrote was that it was travelling so many feet per second.

Tryiun's hand didn't write any of this. This is completely my own writing. If you're so convinced go ask Triyun, Sargun, Cent, or anyone in #cnrp. They don't have anything to gain or lose in this.

^^^ This is what I sent FHIC since she seems to think I didn't write my post. 

To add onto that, I would have thought Mara of all people would know not to send 180 modern jets to attack a target, considering she was in the Air Force along with nearly every other branch in our Armed Forces...

Let me be perfectly, unequivocally clear to you and the other GMs, Triyun in no way shape or form wrote that for me. Every single word and phrase was done on my own and on my own time. It painstakingly took me hours to write this. You can ask Dillion who has been waiting to read my response since yesterday. You can ask one of the mods to look through my PMs and my archived PMs to check if he has sent me things to post. He hasn't. Mara is sending 180 F-18Es at me which is some type of silly Pearl Harbor style attack. Such a thing would never happen in the modern day. I asked Triyun if I should send 100 of my fighters to go combat her, and he told me that those kinds of engagements don't happen in the real world, plus I would just putting my own ships at danger. He told me to use SAMs, and that's about it. I researched the Patriot Missile defense system, I looked up how it works and which model to used, and I found how far they could attack her aircraft from sea which is about 42.5 miles. I said they'd engage her at 40 incase she tried to turn around.

Also the CIWS system I worked my ass off to write. Go read the wikipedia page, everything I wrote can be found there. For the tomohawk the most sophisticated thing I wrote was that it was travelling so many feet per second.

Tryiun's hand didn't write any of this. This is completely my own writing. If you're so convinced go ask Triyun, Sargun, Cent, or anyone in #cnrp. They don't have anything to gain or lose in this.

^^^ This is what I sent FHIC since she seems to think I didn't write my post. 

To add onto that, I would have thought Mara of all people would know not to send 180 modern jets to attack a target, considering she was in the Air Force along with nearly every other branch in our Armed Forces...

*Rubs temples* Keep PMs in the PMs please. Besides that, please don't try to represent me and do non-contextualized summaries of my opinion. That's just downright rude.

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif
Now this is a party.

*Shoos Mr. Colbert away.* Edited by Shave N Haircut

FHIC, would you be so kind as to finally respond to my post in your French War thread?

And JED, mind getting on IRC for a moment?

Oh yeah. Forgot about that.

And Justinian, that's a pretty huge (Desperate one might say) Leap, to get from the language he used to "YES, WE ARE HERE TO ENSURE THAT PEOPLE MORE INTERESTED IN 'WINNING' THAN ACTUAL RP AREN'T INVOLVED."

Even if it is true. I'm pretty sure that that was explicitly the purpose even back in CNRP2 so I'm surprised you missed all the "We're doing this to get away from idiots" language.

Edited by Shave N Haircut

Even if it is true. I'm pretty sure that that was explicitly the purpose even back in CNRP2 so I'm surprised you missed all the "We're doing this to get away from idiots" language.

While I never expected to be seen favourably by the CNRPA community, it is still great to see that seemingly we aren't even going to look for more neutral terms anymore to adress us, but we just resort to name-calling.

While I never expected to be seen favourably by the CNRPA community, it is still great to see that seemingly we aren't even going to look for more neutral terms anymore to adress us, but we just resort to name-calling.

You say "us" as if I was referring to you among the crowd of people who like nothing more than making two-post MDPs and pushing around nations smaller than themselves for the gratification of their overbloated egos. I recognize that quite a few other people around here do but personally I've got a far more favorable view of you.

Besides, neutral terms went out the window ages ago, as you well know. I think it's also worth noting that the area in quotes is not my own opinion, but the opinion of those who created said game. I wouldn't condescend to pick up such opinions as I've only gotten second-hand accounts of most of the activity, although the late days of CNRP2 did give a good indicator of what was being spoken of.

Edited by Shave N Haircut

Well, thank you for your kind words and I do hold you in not that bad a regard either, all things considered. Which kind of was why I felt slight disappointment reading these lines.

Because that the barriers to entry were put into place to keep certain people out doesn't take a genius to see, however, I'm pretty sure that after the obvious Triyun and Centurius, my name ranks pretty high on the list of people whom the CNRPA community wanted to keep out from the very start. So, yeah, it is hard to not feel adressed if you might not be the main reason, but among the reasons this barrier exists.

Did you just admit that CNRPA exists to keep certain people from rping? I admire your honesty, even if it took a while for you to show it.

I clearly stated that there is people the majority of the CNRPA community do not wish to RP with due to a long history of unrealistic and clearly OOC biased RPing, and since those people have not taken any steps to improve upon the public opinion of them(In fact done the same exact behavior in a world originally designed to escape said OOC antics), I would love to see their interview process and the answers to the more common questions being asked during the interview.

Well, thank you for your kind words and I do hold you in not that bad a regard either, all things considered. Which kind of was why I felt slight disappointment reading these lines.

Because that the barriers to entry were put into place to keep certain people out doesn't take a genius to see, however, I'm pretty sure that after the obvious Triyun and Centurius, my name ranks pretty high on the list of people whom the CNRPA community wanted to keep out from the very start. So, yeah, it is hard to not feel adressed if you might not be the main reason, but among the reasons this barrier exists.

I actually doubt that, while you are an abrasive personality, you have at least proven on multiple occasions you do genuinely wish to RP. And I for one for be supportive of Centurius joining as well.

Edited by Mogar

For all the self deprecating language I use of being a Dictator, unfortunately my opinion isn't the one that most matters on the subject of letting people into the RP. I fully recognize that you're on that list, warranted or not, but if I made an effort to try and change that lord knows how much shit I'd get for it.

Thanks, but I rather safe myself the drama that inevitably will ensue, because last two times people told me it was fine to join, I was removed from the RP or people removed themselves from the RP. Accomodating others is fine, but I like my RP without getting insults and complaints thrown at me every instance I so much as dare to not just back down. Not to mention that if I look at how people reacted to PD just being remotely decent at defending himself, the moment I'd get into any conflict, complaints about me being Triyun's pawn will be in this thread and on IRC. As much as I think there are decent fellows and that it'd be fun to RP with these, I prefer to not risk one more round of OOC squabbles and vitriol, the likes of which I experienced in CNRP2.

Thanks, but I rather safe myself the drama that inevitably will ensue, because last two times people told me it was fine to join, I was removed from the RP or people removed themselves from the RP. Accomodating others is fine, but I like my RP without getting insults and complaints thrown at me every instance I so much as dare to not just back down. Not to mention that if I look at how people reacted to PD just being remotely decent at defending himself, the moment I'd get into any conflict, complaints about me being Triyun's pawn will be in this thread and on IRC. As much as I think there are decent fellows and that it'd be fun to RP with these, I prefer to not risk one more round of OOC squabbles and vitriol, the likes of which I experienced in CNRP2.

Yes, but the level of butt hurt by certain parties would be legendary.