CNRP Ascending OOC Thread...

Captain Enema

@Hereno: can't link because mobile but you can't post twice in the same day for annexations and have them count. There has to be 24 hours between each post.

i know exactly what you're talking about and i didn't realize i had done it until i already did

i'll just skip a couple days and keep on going

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the whole "ingame citizens x 10" refer to inside cybernations.net? Because if so, California only has 1,900 soldiers. That doesn't sound accurate any day of the week, especially since in my first news post I made a census claiming I have 36 million people in California. Again, 1,900 isn't near enough.

A little update on my PC situation: I know what's wrong with it, but I don't have the replacement parts or the funds to purchase them right now. I expect it to be working again in early February if I don't get a laptop earlier. Until then I can make short posts and will continue reading.

Does the whole "ingame citizens x 10" refer to inside cybernations.net? Because if so, California only has 1,900 soldiers. That doesn't sound accurate any day of the week, especially since in my first news post I made a census claiming I have 36 million people in California. Again, 1,900 isn't near enough.

Yes, it does. And read the rulez man. I believe there's a minimum amount of soldiers that small nations get. I think it's about 100k soldiers.

I have added rules for rping with me in my Factbook. These supercede community agreed to rules. If you can roll with them, we can play. If not, we cannot.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/122561-druk-yul-national-factbook-no-comments-other-than-from-op-please/

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

GM ruling (subject to change pending full GM team discussion)

Mael does not and will not have nukes until the community decides to change. If any of you wish to attack him and have a reasonable backstory to support such an attack, you are free to do so. He's free to ignore your attack, but the map will reflect the changes in his nation size.

Cooperation and collaboration don't quite mean what Maelstrom believes them to be. He's again free to ignore what he doesn't want to rp, but if someone has sufficient ic cause to interact with him, they can do so and the map will reflect those changes.

TL;DR... no he ain't got nukes, no you don't have to pretend he does, and no he can't stick his fingers in his ears and go neener neener neener boo boo just because he doesn't want to do something.  Further, any of his toys that do not conform with the community tech standards do not exist because he says so.

That being said, whatever you jokers agree between yourselves is your business and cooperation on a voluntary basis is always a good thing. 

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

My rules are no different than someone saying I will only rp with you if certain conditions are met. We are allowed to make those requests. I'm just publishing mine for easy reference. To my knowledge negotiating rps with people can supercede the community rules if agreement is met, is this not correct?

I see nothing wrong with your ruling. Note in my personal interaction rules I give them their nukes back as well. I understand the majority of the community must walk on a glass floor to interact with each other, but I'd like to go beyond that in my trust with my fellow story writers.

Back to my original question. How many threads to integrate the rest of India?

Also, would any GM care to rp a Persian resistance there based on the brain washing some of them got? Please note, if you decide to do this, I would appreciate significant activity in the rp related to the resistance so consider it a bit of a commitment.

That's fine Mael, however, you can't insist they recognize your nukes if they don't wish to. I can have nukes yet, I will not recognize yours and neither would I want any of my own. That's something you will deal with. 

Any agreement of these sorts could possibly consider the rp to be non-canon at best as nuclear weapons exist outside the rules.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

That's fine Mael, however, you can't insist they recognize your nukes if they don't wish to. I can have nukes yet, I will not recognize yours and neither would I want any of my own. That's something you will deal with. 

Any agreement of these sorts are also going to consider the rp to be non-canon at best as nuclear weapons exist outside the rules.

Now I think that's GM over-reach right there. If two parties agree to a nuclear war and you are a third party who are you to dictate it does not happen?

Your are a representative of this community, not its overlord. Third parties wouldn't need to acknowledge the nuclear effects but to designate the entire RP non-canon, that's the definition of a GM being a dick.

Maybe I should come into your bedroom and tell you whether or not you can have certain kinds of sex with a consenting party while we're at it? J/K, but the comparison is hilarious.

After coming across some key information I have toned down the rules to rp with me in my personal factbook and brought them more in line with community standards of my own volition. Lets just say, I wasn't quite aware how large the gulf was between myself and existing states.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/122561-druk-yul-national-factbook-no-comments-other-than-from-op-please/

As a quick note and clarification, since it seems to have been missed: BARF forces in Bulgaria aren't actually using advanced weapons. They're using small arms, with a handful of Soviet era rocket artillery that RL Bulgaria had in decent numbers. If your characters are simply ignorant of military tech and whatnot, and honestly believes that basic rifles are "advanced military weapons", feel free to continue RPing as you are. If you'd like to RP your leader not being 100% ignorant of warfare and military technology, then perhaps they are aware that the equivalent of AKs isn't advanced gear. Or else perhaps they're just lying. Any of the above is acceptable to me. ;)

First off, my leader isn't my representative. Secondly, large amounts of what would be considered high powered weapons do not simply appear in civilian hands, unless you're suggesting that armories have just been left around the country for decades untouched until now, and your own statements have made it clear you are in support of the Bulgarian Freedom Front, I'll be sending a team to investigate and see if I can't link it to you, as you'd have had to interacted with them on some level to provide them with the weapons.

Dude, chill. I just clarified, since you and Rudy both seem to be under the impression that BARF is using "advanced" weapons. They're not. Be suspicious all you want, this is just basic RP courtesy, allowing you to write your suspicious posts more accurately if you so desire, or to RP them as incorrect in universe. It really doesn't matter to me. Lol

An additional clarification: Rudy no longer holds any airports capable of landing your aircraft. Since he allowed all my offensives to be successful, the only remaining airport with a sufficient runway in Bulgaria is in Greek hands. You may attempt to land there, though I'm telling you now that with the No Fly Zone in effect, I'm just going to RP your aircraft being turned away.

Alrighty. Then I'll be requesting you wait until I handle Rudy's convoy, since that's the only real roads into Bulgaria from his territory (how unfortunate that he allowed me to cut those routes, too). If he gets through, I will happily consent to your finding some BARF folks. No spy roll needed. I'll RP it out with ya, no problem, since at least one of their positions is openly known (they did just take a city).

I've noticed that in at least one location I'm referred to as "A handful of idiots" by an RPer who I will have the respect not to name. [#BeTheBetterPerson #IronyMarkFinallyInventedOhGodYes]

I would just like to say, I'm absolutely thrilled with the degree to which we've put the past behind us and embraced mutual respect and collaboration. The differences between CNRPA and previous iterations is absolutely astounding.

[/rightious sarcasm]

Edited by Shave N Haircut