The GM's Hall

Rudolph

Going to require a couple spy rolls here.

I have evolved past the need for spy rolls and become something you tiny mortals cannot even begin to comprehend. I have become a being of such great power that I no longer need to sustain my life on organic material like you do. Instead I devour light and leave all things in darkness. My only goal is to extinguish all life throughout the universe and start anew. I am the eater of worlds! None shall escape my insatiable hunger.

Tl:dr I don't need spy rolls because Obama.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have evolved past the need for spy rolls and become something you tiny mortals cannot even begin to comprehend. I have become a being of such great power that I no longer need to sustain my life on organic material like you do. Instead I devour light and leave all things in darkness. My only goal is to extinguish all life throughout the universe and start anew. I am the eater of worlds! None shall escape my insatiable hunger.

Tl:dr I don't need spy rolls because Obama.

thanks obama <_<

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/121723-imperium-of-japan-news-corp-ijnc/page-7#entry3322211

You know, if one side outnumbers the other and starts spamming the other, that is one thing. When however individuals start to claim just purely insane numbers of equipment out of the blue, for no better reason than "Duh, I'm a war economy" and "I'm all of East asia, I have industry", then I will just go and call bullshit. This is frankly just a ridiculous amount of chemical and biological agents. This violates the common sense rule and should be restricted to normal levels.

I'm just gonna pop in here and say that the Soviet Union, also a massive, resource rich country that was(At least to my knowledge) always preparing for war, only had about 40,000 tons of chems(the highest estimates were in the vicinity of 70-80,000 tons.)

http://www.nti.org/country-profiles/russia/chemical/

I've RP'd having a biological and chemical weapons division, most recently providing Kevin with a list you may find familiar to the one I had posted of a "final tally". Mass production of these agents could occur with relative ease, so long as one were to wish to do so. You also may remember I am the only nation to have managed to survive a nuclear attack, I have valid IC rationale for wishing to ensure I have every potential weapon at my disposal to ensure whomever decides to nuke the Imperium will not survive. The Soviet Union did not plan for widespread usage, where EAI has no such qualms. I would also be under the assumption the Soviet Union was mainly preparing to use them in a European Theater, ICly EAI has been working under the assumption they would need to fight upon multiple theaters at once. 

Edited by Mogar

I've RP'd having a biological and chemical weapons division, most recently providing Kevin with a list you may find familiar to the one I had posted of a "final tally". Mass production of these agents could occur with relative ease, so long as one were to wish to do so. You also may remember I am the only nation to have managed to survive a nuclear attack, I have valid IC rationale for wishing to ensure I have every potential weapon at my disposal to ensure whomever decides to nuke the Imperium will not survive. The Soviet Union did not plan for widespread usage, where EAI has no such qualms. I would also be under the assumption the Soviet Union was mainly preparing to use them in a European Theater, ICly EAI has been working under the assumption they would need to fight upon multiple theaters at once. 

I have also rp'd chemical and biological weapons. I have also mass produced these weapons. When I made them I was under the ic threat of nuclear annhilation by Poland. I also have valid IC reason for chems. I was also under the assumption that I would need to fight on multiple fronts(Poland to the west, Russia/Babylon to the north, east, and south.) Can I also have 100,000 tons of biochemical weapons?

Edited by Mr Director

Let me know if you want some help figuring out how to distribute it effectively. In case you couldn't tell I sort of have a thing for biological weapons and diseases in general.

I will keep that in mind!

I have also rp'd chemical and biological weapons. I have also mass produced these weapons. When I made them I was under the ic threat of nuclear annhilation by Poland. I also have valid IC reason for chems. I was also under the assumption that I would need to fight on multiple fronts(Poland to the west, Russia to the north, east, and south.) Can I also have 100,000 tons of biochemical weapons?

I suppose it's better than the ic threat of nuclear annihilation by your ally in Romania. It is your nation to RP, I do believe actually surviving a nuclear attack would have a deeper psychological effect upon an entire nation over a cold war style affair, but if you feel it makes IC sense then go for it, I began originally as an Imperial Japan, which had similar ambitions in chemical and biological warfare.

Edited by Mogar

I suppose it's better than the ic threat of nuclear annihilation by your ally in Romania. It is your nation to RP, I do believe actually surviving a nuclear attack would have a deeper psychological effect upon an entire nation over a cold war style affair, but if you feel it makes IC sense then go for it, I began originally as an Imperial Japan, which had similar ambitions in chemical and biological warfare.

My IC threat to do what? Feel free to link.

Biological and chemical weaponization is a complex process, so the only issue I see is the amounts you have claimed to produce. The Soviets, in 1982, had a single facility producing 300 tons of Anthrax a year. A smallpox facility produced ~100 tons per year. Even over the course of 20 years, that's 8000 tons of the biological agents that are the most easily produced. For chemical weaponry, Russia had a reported stockpile of about 40,000 tons of chemical weaponry over the course of the entire Soviet production history.

Please link me to your production RP, where you state the number of facilities producing the agents you've listed. It will help me determine if your numbers are appropriate, given the public numbers available.

The amounts I sent to Kevin were what I was producing per month, with the majority of the island of Singapore as the main hub devoted to the task, my nation would not have a single facility, since one facility could easily be taken out, they're established across the Japanese islands, the mainland, Taiwan, and Malaysia/Singapore. that post was on the 16th of august, if you'd like I will calculate it more accurately by simply jumping up 80~ times or so of what I had produced for Kevin, but considering I have lived under the threat of Vektor attacking me at any given moment, it should be safe to say I would have stepped up production due to a much larger threat to me than preparing to fight Jesbro.

Persia is three times the land and any fight with them would likely involve my own land and the allies of Persia, which would include Great Britain(a European Theater war), Africa due to you,(An African Theater), and of course a potentially massive Asian Theater upon multiple fronts. This is ignoring a potential American theater, though up until NWO was formed the Imperium would have been preparing for that as well. My nation has been established as incredibly paranoid, and simply because the Soviets prepared on a Theater Level scale does not mean I would not prepare on a Global Scale.

Edited by Mogar

So in other words I have to constantly be RPing something out rather than simply working under the assumption my people are continuing to produce the task I set them on? That's going to grow to be a difficult task to devote my 600,000.000 people each to individual tasks, I await your own IC list of exactly what your population is employed in. I unfortunately cannot search BZ on these forums, and I cannot go through my own posting history due to the frequency of my posting, unless you feel it's reasonable to look through 3,000+ posts to find the one that began my weapons manufacture.

As stated previously the numbers I provided for Kevin were based upon a month's output, as such the 80 or so months that have passed would be a bare minimum to calculate, though since I'm the one in charge of my nation should be allowed to determine exactly what was occurring in my own nation, and if we are going to go based off that, then we should be having a far easier time invading Britain since he has not RP'd any of the prior assets he is using in defense, a full fledged several hundred satellite network just mysteriously sprouted out of nothing, but I am not allowed to produce chemical weapons because I did not post about it weekly?

Edited by Mogar

So in other words I have to constantly be RPing something out rather than simply working under the assumption my people are continuing to produce the task I set them on? That's going to grow to be a difficult task to devote my 600,000.000 people each to individual tasks, I await your own IC list of exactly what your population is employed in. I unfortunately cannot search BZ on these forums, and I cannot go through my own posting history due to the frequency of my posting, unless you feel it's reasonable to look through 3,000+ posts to find the one that began my weapons manufacture.

You may post a lot, but that doesn't mean you don't know approximately when you started producing chemical/biological warheads. You can search for your other agents, I just want to know when you started so it's easier to understand if your numbers are reasonable.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

My entire point is that it doesn't make any IC sense. Sure, national psychology is important, but it doesn't let you escape the most basic rules of common sense. The US feared that the Soviets would start hurling nukes, but that didn't let them construct a massive underground nuclear-proof bunker that would contain every last American. Similarly, Japan might fear nuclear annihilation, but that doesn't mean that it can suddenly produce everything it needs to overpower the entire planet.

You may post a lot, but that doesn't mean you don't know approximately when you started producing chemical/biological warheads. You can search for your other agents, I just want to know when you started so it's easier to understand if your numbers are reasonable.

the most recent post I can find is in the thread providing them to Kevin, I cannot go any further back due to that war being fought over at minimum 3 separate threads, I have RP'd chemical and biological agents being produced as early as june, but the particular post is more than likely in one of the 4 or 5 separate war threads with the Chinas, since I cannot find it I will go with the post from Kevin as a start date, though I would have started more than likely a week or so before that, since I believe I only began providing him with weapons after the Malaccan incident, as an additional base to strike Persia from.

My entire point is that it doesn't make any IC sense. Sure, national psychology is important, but it doesn't let you escape the most basic rules of common sense. The US feared that the Soviets would start hurling nukes, but that didn't let them construct a massive underground nuclear-proof bunker that would contain every last American. Similarly, Japan might fear nuclear annihilation, but that doesn't mean that it can suddenly produce everything it needs to overpower the entire planet.

I consider the world to be my enemy ICly, Most of Africa, Western Asia, half of Europe, anyone who does not hold a treaty with EAI or its allies is a potential threat, and even some of those are still threats to the EAI's existence, the Empress has survived a nuclear strike, Japan will survive another, those who launched the nuclear weapons will not.

Edited by Mogar

the most recent post I can find is in the thread providing them to Kevin, I cannot go any further back due to that war being fought over at minimum 3 separate threads, I have RP'd chemical and biological agents being produced as early as june, but the particular post is more than likely in one of the 4 or 5 separate war threads with the Chinas, since I cannot find it I will go with the post from Kevin as a start date, though I would have started more than likely a week or so before that, since I believe I only began providing him with weapons after the Malaccan incident, as an additional base to strike Persia from.

I consider the world to be my enemy ICly, Most of Africa, Western Asia, half of Europe, anyone who does not hold a treaty with EAI or its allies is a potential threat, and even some of those are still threats to the EAI's existence, the Empress has survived a nuclear strike, Japan will survive another, those who launched the nuclear weapons will not.

Considering the world your enemy doesn't give you the ability to wipe it out. Otherwise, North Korea would actually be able to follow up on its threats.

Considering the world your enemy doesn't give you the ability to wipe it out. Otherwise, North Korea would actually be able to follow up on its threats.

North Korea is a heavily isolated state due to sanctions, none have been put on me besides requiring GLR transportation of my goods through the Indian, and have half of Europe, through GLR half of of Africa, all of the Americas, and most of Asia as solid economic partners, and have heavily Industrialized my nation, basing its growth upon the concept of the Four Asian Tigers, rapidly industrializing the entire area I currently control, which has a significant population, providing for a significant economic base to produce whatever I want, which for the past 20 years has been military equipment and high technology.

Edited by Mogar

Having 999,500 tons of chemical/biological agents goes against common sense. The GM team has agreed your entire stockpile, as of now, will be 60,000 tons for both types of agents. This is based on Russia's declared chemical weapons stockpile of 40,000 tons in the early 1990's after decades of production, with some consideration for RP.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

Request pause in Asia as some leaders have decided to try to press into the future while the rest of the world catches up to metagame. I have notated that it'd be unwise to proceed because events will not unfold in proper order, but this has been ignored. Now I'm requesting a formal pause. I'm already having to annotate many of my posts as having occured 3 weeks prior in tandem with the war in Europe. How long we going to let the desync go? A year? A decade? Will we be fighting the next two wars in asia while EUrope wages one?

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Request pause in Asia as some leaders have decided to try to press into the future while the rest of the world catches up to metagame. I have notated that it'd be unwise to proceed because events will not unfold in proper order, but this has been ignored. Now I'm requesting a formal pause.

This has been ignored because the pause didn't exist: nobody with any actual authority declared it. Also, you only decided to employ a pause once war was provoked in Asia-- I don't doubt for a second you intend to use that 'pause' in which no one can touch you in order to hastily prepare for an OOCly delayed war. It's a bullshit tactic.