DoE: Orpheus

flag http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f6/Flag_of_German_Democratic_Republic.svg

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

-Napoleon Bonaparte

The day the earth falls, will be the day that Orpheus dies. Orpheus strives to fight for your rights, and will until the Planet Bob is no more. Orpheus is based on the Yellow Team, and that will be the base for trade, senate, and other deals. Us here in Orpheus understand from passed experience how to manage an alliance full-time, and how to get your members happy and on your side. Orpheus loves music, and is constructing a spot on the alliance forums just for music. We like to stay neutral, but if an ally is attacked, we will likely take action in the event. Lets make Germany a good place in CyberNations again!

Knights111, Triumvir

PLEDGE:

I. I will never attack another alliance unless approved by the government

II. I will make any threats without the knowing of a governor

III. I will stay true to the yellow team and Ol'  Germany

Knights111,Triumvir

Please feel free to sign up to the alliance at http://orpheus.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=c46ab07c66c220057673e7d77fa80dd7, and sign up's in-game will be available shortly! Thank you all for the time to listen, and hail germany and Orpheus!

To be put on a membership list, please sign-up on the forums(http://orpheus.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=c46ab07c66c220057673e7d77fa80dd7) and post this below or PM it to me ON THE FORUMS!

Nation Name:

Nation Link:

Previous Gov.:

Previous Alliances:

Notable Wars:

P.S. This is my last go at an alliance. Wish me luck :)

Edited by Knights111

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I guess you didn't learn anything at all?

If you had cared to read, i have. I have learned the skills needed. Until certain planned events, Orpheus is to be my home as i have failed to find an alliance that i agree with in political terms.

Do you know what "Triumvirate" means?

You should have kept a low profile, you not doing that is proof that you haven't learned much of anything .

What do you mean by "low profile"? I have kept my ways from posting on the pages for a few days, and i have failed to find any alliance that i agree within terms of politics. And in response to the triumvirate, i was planning on having three leaders, but i am reconsidering.

I like what you are doing, but I think you are approaching this the wrong way.All alliances are different and some are better than others. Starting an alliance is a lot of work, but joining one is easier. You don't need to join a big alliance, but that doesn't mean you can't play an important role. You need to establish a repertoire with people,people will not just follow.I am surprised how much attention Knights111 is getting. Haters gona Hate.

I like what you are doing, but I think you are approaching this the wrong way.All alliances are different and some are better than others. Starting an alliance is a lot of work, but joining one is easier. You don't need to join a big alliance, but that doesn't mean you can't play an important role. You need to establish a repertoire with people,people will not just follow.I am surprised how much attention Knights111 is getting. Haters gona Hate.

I greatly respect your opinion, but i just have not really been feeling any of the other alliances. I do respect your alliance and may contact you guys about a treaty. Thanks for the opinion, and i will remember it.

Third times the charm I suppose. Honestly man there is no way you could have learned what you needed to in such a short time. Good luck and all, but I don't think this will work out for you.

I did expect some hating going around. I believe in some things that others do not, ad i feel this is where i belong. Thanks though, and i will get in touch with you guys about a treaty(MI6). Think, "Spy Gods" or "Orpheus in the CIA"!

Look, I don't understand all the criticism here. The saying doesn't go "if at first you don't succeed, fade into obscurity at some other cookie cutter alliance, fade into obscurity at some other cookie cutter alliance again."

Various tips from critics that were very pushy, almost like the critic "Rush Stykes" on this forum. Except, of course, that the others gave tips :)

You should reconsider your path. It's all well and good listening to valid advice, even from critics, but you seem to have let it go to your head and now your ambitions are causing you to get carried away. It'd be in your best interests to temper them and settle down in a well-structured, strong alliance that can help you learn the ropes properly, for a good few months at least. Take it from someone who tried to create and lead an alliance successfully and $%&@ed it up, someone who had a damn slight more experience then than you do at present.

Exactly.

Knights111 you need to find a protectorate to protect your alliance.

What do you mean by "low profile"? I have kept my ways from posting on the pages for a few days, and i have failed to find any alliance that i agree within terms of politics. And in response to the triumvirate, i was planning on having three leaders, but i am reconsidering.

Frankly, I don't think you know enough of politics to be judging alliances based on that. Guinness did give you that opportunity but :/.

You should reconsider your path. It's all well and good listening to valid advice, even from critics, but you seem to have let it go to your head and now your ambitions are causing you to get carried away. It'd be in your best interests to temper them and settle down in a well-structured, strong alliance that can help you learn the ropes properly, for a good few months at least. Take it from someone who tried to create and lead an alliance successfully and $%&@ed it up, someone who had a damn slight more experience then than you do at present.

DC would have been great but oh well. I didn't know you came back... Ill have to find you on irc sometime (or Skype) or vise versa. Edited by Hamilmania

Frankly, I don't think you know enough of politics to be judging alliances based on that. Guinness did give you that opportunity but :/.

Guinness gave him a chance like avakael gives MI6 a chance to poach him Edited by Neo Uruk

wish you the best of luck. getting a successful AA going is alot of work. I do highly suggest you do some work in an established AA and learn the ropes before you go head into your own AA. a young active player is great to have but you do want to learn some of the CN ropes to run an AA properly and successfully. I've seen the threads you have made knights111 and laughed at most of them or face palmed but if you need help or want to learn there is tons of great advice that been thrown out there. or you just need to PM

DC would have been great but oh well. I didn't know you came back... Ill have to find you on irc sometime (or Skype) or vise versa.

You have no clue what happened in Guinness.

If you had cared to read, i have. I have learned the skills needed.

No. Just no.

I have been playing for 5 years now and I still lack proper skill to run an aa on my own. That said we were all young and dumb like you once (although 96% probably didn't rush into the stupidity you have right out the gates), you really should just join a nice quiet alliance that has the time to mentor you and stay there for a year or 4.