DoE: Orpheus

A new micro is formed.  There are several outcomes:

1) It starts some sort of micro drama that provides entertainment on the forum beyond the mindless treaty hailing and news reports from LNN.  Maybe it becomes the issue that pushes people out of complacency and is the tinder to start a new war.

2) It does nothing and sinks back into contented obscurity providing nothing of import.  No harm no foul.  Maybe it provides a free target for tech raiders because hey, learning on the job is the best way to go about it!

3) It succeeds and does something, whatever chances of that actually occurring.  In which case there is one more small alliance around to do something beyond agitating for tech seller unions.

I mean, if he wants to be a special snowflake and start his own alliance, why are you objecting to it?  Is it really better he become a no-name in some alliance and disappear?  Where would be the entertainment in that?

Either he does something stupid...and people can feel good about themselves and say "Hey, at least I'm not that guy".  Or he manages despite the odds to do something, and one little nugget of the game changes.  Either way its hardly worth the try-hard some people seem to be giving the guy.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A new micro is formed.  There are several outcomes:

1) It starts some sort of micro drama that provides entertainment on the forum beyond the mindless treaty hailing and news reports from LNN.  Maybe it becomes the issue that pushes people out of complacency and is the tinder to start a new war.

It honestly seems to be going that way. :awesome:

I wish GOONS had 1000 members so they could just apply the "you need above this many members to be an official alliance, don't have it then too bad, enjoy the raiding" principle. That way we wouldn't see constant micros forming every week that add nothing to bob and are in reality nothing else than testaments to certain individuals need for apparent power and influence by having their own AA.

Exactly.

Knights111 you need to find a protectorate to protect your alliance.

This. Microes don't generally survive without an established alliance formally protecting them. Especcially not when their introduction is as likely to attract lulz/drama as this one.

He wasn't referring to you Knights111

Good. This alliance has been not just brought from the ground up, but from underground up, and i would hate to see it go. The day this alliance goes will be the day i go.

Edited by Knights111

'A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon'

-Napoleon Bonaparte

My best advice for you is to invest at least 200 tech into the Limitless Bank, so you have 1 credit available, which you can use and we'll be happy to assist you with aid regardless of who might be messing with you. You will then have a right to withdraw an aid slot full of money whenever you need it. In MicroWars, getting a sudden infusion of money when you need it can turn a one sided battle around. If some shrimp with a small nation starts acting big because he has a few thousand more $$ than you and is attacking your nation; in those ranges the best assistance you can expect is an aid transfusion which suddenly makes you much wealthier than those around you.

More money at the right time means more leverage and you aren't stuck doing unconditional surrenders or being at the mercy of anyone. More Limitless Credits would be mean more security, since you would be able to continue cashing them in if you're in an extended tough battle.

If you don't make deals with people who are willing to do something when you're under attack, then you might find yourself without anyone to help you when things get tough. Most alliances accumulating micro protectorate don't care about protecting them, as much as they like the numbers they see when all their protectorate's NS is grouped with theirs in a "sphere of power".

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?/topic/121745-limitless-nexus/

My slots are limited, so those who want Limitless Credits should hurry, which can get them assistance even when political pressures might prevent you from receiving aid from any other source. With 3 slots, if 3 people want to buy credits it would take 2 aid cycles for each of them to get 1 Credit each. That is expected to be the maximum speed people can accumulate them for the time being.

Edited by Methrage

The lot of you fellas are being rude toward Knights111, but you should try acting more politely by him. It's not gentlemanly. I welcome you, Knights111.

13:03 +Malkavian • I'M GOING TO [edited because yeah too far] YOUR ASS WITH A CHEESE GRADER