Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Farrin Xies

I remember it was more because you guys were kinda new and causing a lot of problems with rogues and stuff and generally not sticking to conventions, or weren't really interested in some multilateral agreement. We basically didn't trust you to behave responsibly with it at the time. So yeah we were kind of threatened about it.  Eventually we did start a rotation plan (although I think that was just TOP and ourselves) once things settled down and we were all allies anyway. Orange definitely had some dark days though.

Sure, but there's two ways to deal with that. One way is the way IRON and ODN did, by threatening and degrading, the other is the way TOP dealt with it, by befriending and guiding.

Then again, I believe we are going a little off topic here, which is probably mostly my fault.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but there's two ways to deal with that. One way is the way IRON and ODN did, by threatening and degrading, the other is the way TOP dealt with it, by befriending and guiding.

Then again, I believe we are going a little off topic here, which is probably mostly my fault.

Yeah, I can remember being perhaps unnecessarily condescending a few times with new fok, my bad.

And yes this is getting a bit off topic. Should probably set up some kind of history QA thread or something but :effort:

Yeah I remember that all well, I was the first ODN diplomat to reach out and made a great effort to try build bridges between FOK and ODN...only for my superiors to fuck it up  :((

Nope.  I remember those times pretty clearly.  It's old history, no need to deny it.  It's different times now and I'm even allied to one of the more notorious alliances when it comes to team color.

I would consider your memory very very flawed.   In fact if you could name one alliance we rolled for being blue & not joining BLEU, I would be shocked/surprised.  Considering I did the ''rolling'' in those days, I am pretty sure I have a handle on it.   Pro-tip, do not suggest NADC was rolled for being blue.

Nope.  I remember those times pretty clearly.  It's old history, no need to deny it.  It's different times now and I'm even allied to one of the more notorious alliances when it comes to team color.

Oh, IRON?  :awesome:

Edited by Rotavele

Plus FAN and NpO.  NpO would basically roll alliances who didn't join BLEU and tried to stay independent from NpO on blue.  To this day there aren't many alliances on blue that don't have ties or former ties to NpO.

Color conflicts are actually not that uncommon.  Orange being a good example of color co-existence though.

Yes. I remember the NpO-WTF war. Good times.

I would consider your memory very very flawed.   In fact if you could name one alliance we rolled for being blue & not joining BLEU, I would be shocked/surprised.  Considering I did the ''rolling'' in those days, I am pretty sure I have a handle on it.   Pro-tip, do not suggest NADC was rolled for being blue.

Why was NADC rolled?  My memory is fuzzy but seems like they were rolled for not being part of blue or for pulling away.

Why was NADC rolled?  My memory is fuzzy but seems like they were rolled for not being part of blue or for pulling away.

My memory is really vague at this point, but I recall something about their Emperor at the time having terrible foreign affairs etiquette which allowed for a relatively simple issue between two hostile parties (BLEU and NADC) to escalate into a full blown conflict.  I will, however, let those who remember a little more clearly comment on the subject if they choose.

Ages and ages ago.

My memory is really vague at this point, but I recall something about their Emperor at the time having terrible foreign affairs etiquette which allowed for a relatively simple issue between two hostile parties (BLEU and NADC) to escalate into a full blown conflict.  I will, however, let those who remember a little more clearly comment on the subject if they choose.

Ages and ages ago.

I recall that being the cause for the second war, the first one being caused by aggressions against Polar and allies. 

My memory is not at all vague.  Assington, Bismark, admitted spy ops.

Umm, yeah, no they didn't. FAN claimed responsibility for it. NADC was a neutral blue alliance, so why in the fuck would they spy away BLEU nukes for no reason in the middle of peace time, albeit a time when color politics was very crucial to foreign affairs?

Even after FAN, and one guy in specific, openly admitted to doing the spy operation; you gave that speech about "Your government hates you" or whatever to all NADC members. If you were around in that time pieriod, you would be an idiot to not know the BLEU-NADC war was not of NADC aggression.

Umm, yeah, no they didn't. FAN claimed responsibility for it. NADC was a neutral blue alliance, so why in the $%&@ would they spy away BLEU nukes for no reason in the middle of peace time, albeit a time when color politics was very crucial to foreign affairs?

Even after FAN, and one guy in specific, openly admitted to doing the spy operation; you gave that speech about "Your government hates you" or whatever to all NADC members. If you were around in that time pieriod, you would be an idiot to not know the BLEU-NADC war was not of NADC aggression.

Maybe someone has been feeding grub some of those special brownies?  :awesome:   I'm looking at you MagicNinja....

I see the clueless continue to prattle on with their revisionist crapola.  Assington = Emperor of Polaris, Grub = MiniPax of Polaris, Bismark = NADC government with an axe to grind against ECIV, credit claimed by Bismark for spy ops = war.  The fact that someone else later claimed they were the genius behind it all is spurious and irrelevant and also highly doubtful and extremely prejudicial.  When a man says ''hey I stole your shit'' you tend to take him at his own word.  Second attack on NADC was simply a wake up call re the terms agreed to.  NADC were also an incredibly poorly run alliance who benefited from the experience.  They should worship Assington and I for showing them the light, they would still be completely useless today if not for the changes they instituted as part of their response to that war.

Also, I remember the facts quite well, better than most I would imagine as very few actually knew the ''facts'' and have joined dots that do not go together to make their alternate ''grassy knoll'' theory work.  Whether Bismark was a liar or not is of no consequence at all except to those he betrayed with his ''lies''

As for the advice given to NADC by me, it was very valid and very accurate, I fail to see your point.

I see the clueless continue to prattle on with their revisionist crapola.  Assington = Emperor of Polaris, Grub = MiniPax of Polaris, Bismark = NADC government with an axe to grind against ECIV, credit claimed by Bismark for spy ops = war.  The fact that someone else later claimed they were the genius behind it all is spurious and irrelevant and also highly doubtful and extremely prejudicial.  When a man says ''hey I stole your !@#$'' you tend to take him at his own word.  Second attack on NADC was simply a wake up call re the terms agreed to.  NADC were also an incredibly poorly run alliance who benefited from the experience.  They should worship Assington and I for showing them the light, they would still be completely useless today if not for the changes they instituted as part of their response to that war.

Also, I remember the facts quite well, better than most I would imagine as very few actually knew the ''facts'' and have joined dots that do not go together to make their alternate ''grassy knoll'' theory work.  Whether Bismark was a liar or not is of no consequence at all except to those he betrayed with his ''lies''

As for the advice given to NADC by me, it was very valid and very accurate, I fail to see your point.

This is all true, as I remember it. The only details that I would add are:

1) Bismack was a patsy.

2) His admittance came AFTER we rolled tanks. No concrete proof of anything existed at the time of the original attack.

(This was in a time when actual concrete proof was required most of the time.)

In retrospect, that is really the worst part of that affair, that the caustic belly was preordained from before the time of it's actual inception. ECIV was so inactive and honestly inept, he couldn't help his alliance at all. I don't how differently that whole affair would have gone if any single one of his successors as Sec Gen were in office at the time, but there's no way it could have gone worse.

I apologize if any of my friends in NADC take offense to any of this. As always, I'm simply trying to be as truthful as I can manage. Also, Grub, I think everyone that actually needs to know (ie Polar and NADC) already knows how it all went down. Anyone else arguing at this point is really just being obtuse. I disagree with you on a couple issues, but like I said, you have pretty much laid it out.

Edit: So, how 'bout dem Pacificanians, eh?

Edited by x Tela x

Assington had spoken to Bismark prior to us rolling tanks and was confident in his position.  That was what actually led to the DoW.  The fact that Assington was very mysterious about it all did not change the actual facts that he relied on.  He was fairly upset when people accused him of ''inventing'' the situation.  Now if I had been Emperor it may well have been different, but Assington was a straight up and down guy who called it only as he saw it.  I did not do anything regarding the BLEU offensive until instructed to do so by Ass.  I will concede I was very happy when the CB came along and I will concede I took great pleasure in seeing the NADC in insta-anarchy and if Ass had been a little more forthcoming with his information perhaps all this innuendo and conspiracy theory wouldn't exist.  Unfortunately the BLEU-NADC war was pretty much the end of Assington's reign and the return to Sponge ushered in a different time for us all.

Also hello Tela.  I agree, I just like to be as accurate as possible when people commence the flinging of poo.