Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Farrin Xies

It seems more a reflection on the choice of allies made by Pacifica that they would have drifted so far to the left leaving IRON in more comfortable territory.  It is a sad day to see such a link broken, but no doubt both alliances will move forwards.

Pretty much this, anything else is a poor spin.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confriming this to the IRON members, IRON has indeed stabbed several good allies in the back

.....TOP - well that was was more intentional but we wanted them beside us not against. )

im glad to see someone finally admit it.

Nice to see you posting, Shan.

im glad to see someone finally admit it.

Nice to see you posting, Shan.

It was somewhat of a two way street on that one, it wasn't the intended outcome by any means but things change and we perhaps should have accepted that more than we did at the time. I'm pretty sure there's a saying about a road and good intentions that might be appropriate?

Hey, I'm still around... Sorta.

Confriming this to the IRON members, IRON has indeed stabbed several good allies in the back (and some not so good ones), either through knee jerk reaction (NPO-Karma), Cowardice (NoV, ONOS, original VE... sorta), or unintentionally/incompetence (Polaris... well sorta not really it's complicated..., TOP - well that was was more intentional but we wanted them beside us not against. ) and probably a handful of others. Possibly ODN depending on how broad you want to get. Most alliances that have done anything of worth in this game have a similar list though. Hell at one point we nearly straight up attacked Sparta whilst a treaty was active because we forgot it existed. Good times.

Oh don't be too mean to DK, he's one of the better new councillors in ron. ;) (ron really is a terrible insult though)

Well the last time it was nearly cancelled was during GW1 so it kinda is.

This is a bad post and you should feel bad.

What is this I don't even :blink:

Edited by Enamel32

What is this I don't even

Shan, Mia and MCRABT all joined Non Grata around the time IRON decided not to support the MDoAP

Or are you referring to the part where one of the original IRON council and founders admits to some sordid history?

Edited by Stewie

We definitely did not have a treaty with IRON during the Great Patriotic War. :3

Yeah we had a NAP of which this treaty is a rewrite of. We signed it like a week before GW1 and we served notice that we may have to cancel it (but weren't doing so at that time). We were politically active back then but mostly we had only just started the "sign NAPs with everyone" pseudo neutrality "independence" policy.

Well at least something good came out of IRON's shenanigans: Shan is posting again.

Yessss.... "good".

What is this I don't even :blink:

Heed not my posts, for I am nobody of interest.

Like anyone saying NPO didn't lose anything by cancelling this is just dumb.

Mostly an historic document. 

Edited by Shan Revan

I think IRON existed around that time on the red sphere and was called OD Alliance or something iirc.

Nah, that was before we went public, but good memory! We found out about the moldavi doctrine and decided to invade purple or orange since both alliances that owned the colours at the time looked pretty inept/weak. We chose orange in the end because ODN had just gotten smashed by NPO in the citrus war and why make it harder than it already was. Somewhere along the line we decided we should probably let in dirty outsiders, and then give it a proper name and charter and stuff, which did guarantee the alliance wouldn't just fade into non-existence in 6 months when everyone got bored and quit but it did change the alliance a lot.  Our official motto was "sealand delenda est" as our forum was in a formal state of war with the principality of sealand

Good memory though!

Nah, that was before we went public, but good memory! We found out about the moldavi doctrine and decided to invade purple or orange since both alliances that owned the colours at the time looked pretty inept/weak. We chose orange in the end because ODN had just gotten smashed by NPO in the citrus war and why make it harder than it already was. Somewhere along the line we decided we should probably let in dirty outsiders, and then give it a proper name and charter and stuff, which did guarantee the alliance wouldn't just fade into non-existence in 6 months when everyone got bored and quit but it did change the alliance a lot.  Our official motto was "sealand delenda est" as our forum was in a formal state of war with the principality of sealand

Good memory though!

Very interesting. I never knew all of that.

To think color politics used to dominate this world and it's drama is quite sad. It died quickly though.

Oh yeah, ODN ended up just being chill and sharing though so no smashy smashy for them.

edit: although I wonder if that might partly have been because they were in the process of paying their punishing reps of $500,000. Probably not, Pope Hope always seemed pretty chill.

Edited by Shan Revan

Oh yeah, ODN ended up just being chill and sharing though so no smashy smashy for them.

From what I heard GGA and NPO were the only ones picky about people on their color sphere. I don't see the threats of an alliance on your sphere other than senators. Whats the point of sanctioning someone if no one but your alliance is on your team sphere though? -_-

From what I heard GGA and NPO were the only ones picky about people on their color sphere. I don't see the threats of an alliance on your sphere other than senators. Whats the point of sanctioning someone if no one but your alliance is on your team sphere though? -_-

I believe the term mostly used by the general assembly is "rogue". 

Back then all of the 6(?) or so spheres had a major alliance and they each had treaties recognising each other as the sole legitimate alliance of there sphere and owners of it. They were all picky about it but basically we were the first alliance to come along after all the spheres had been taken, suddenly appearing from no where, bigger than half of them already. (about 60 members I think it was?).  We were also really nuke heavy and raced NPO to the first alliance to 100 nukes, we lost but barely.

Also sanctions didn't exist back then. There were three ranks of elected colour officials "Consul", "Praetor", and "Quaestor" or something like that. Senate ranks. With the highest ranking getting something like a +8 to happiness and the lowest like +4. They also see all the information that you see on your own screen but not on other nation's... basically it gave the alliance holding it unlimited free spy reports from the guys holding it. It wasn't actually any use back then though..

Back then all of the 6(?) or so spheres had a major alliance and they each had treaties recognising each other as the sole legitimate alliance of there sphere and owners of it. They were all picky about it but basically we were the first alliance to come along after all the spheres had been taken, suddenly appearing from no where, bigger than half of them already. (about 60 members I think it was?).  We were also really nuke heavy and raced NPO to the first alliance to 100 nukes, we lost but barely.

Also sanctions didn't exist back then. There were three ranks of elected colour officials "Consul", "Praetor", and "Quaestor" or something like that. Senate ranks. With the highest ranking getting something like a +8 to happiness and the lowest like +4. They also see all the information that you see on your own screen but not on other nation's... basically it gave the alliance holding it unlimited free spy reports from the guys holding it. It wasn't actually any use back then though..

Wow thats very interesting actually. The more you know o.O. It's odd to just know how this world was so very different back in the day.

Due to the Citrus War and its fallout, Orange became one of the most diverse spheres back then. ODN, IRON, TOP, CPCN, LUE, OPA... And sometimes it was reasonably cooperative - we had an inter-alliance trade forum and all sorts. The era of colour politics was certainly interesting.

Plus FAN and NpO.  NpO would basically roll alliances who didn't join BLEU and tried to stay independent from NpO on blue.  To this day there aren't many alliances on blue that don't have ties or former ties to NpO.

Color conflicts are actually not that uncommon.  Orange being a good example of color co-existence though.

Orange wasn't always that great. I remember that in FOK's first days we were threatened quite a lot by IRON and ODN, mostly because we grew really large really fast and they were too scared to lose their senate seats.

I remember it was more because you guys were kinda new and causing a lot of problems with rogues and stuff and generally not sticking to conventions, or weren't really interested in some multilateral agreement. We basically didn't trust you to behave responsibly with it at the time. So yeah we were kind of threatened about it.  Eventually we did start a rotation plan (although I think that was just TOP and ourselves) once things settled down and we were all allies anyway. Orange definitely had some dark days though.

Edited by Shan Revan