Imperial Announcement from the New Pacific Order

Farrin Xies

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that getting to know NPO after Karma was the right choice.  This is classy and a good thing to see.  And yes, even now people still plot to take you down.  They'll never top the first time it happened though.  <3

As the Grey Lady of the Cyberverse, all Pacifica has left is her grace, poise, class, and nuclear arsenal.

Yep sure has.  IRON does not care about treaties, or allies, or common sense.  Thread won indeed.  No better way to insult them.  Nice to see you have come around and started using your brain.  

I think it was more referring to not caring about the OWF banter.

Oh, please, if this war had gone off the way NG wanted, TPF was already pledged to go with the optional Fark treaty over all the NG-side mutuals you have (unless you all were lying to CoJ).

I've refrained from commenting on TPF gov posts like this so far because I respect TPF, but with a post like that you guys have got to the point where I'm not going to sit around and let you pretend that TPF are the flag-waiving patriots you're acting like over there.

We could have easily just sat this one out. Our treaties are non chaining as far as I'm aware, but FA isn't my area of expertise. You are right though, we did plan to go a different route in this war. It was when we noticed that one of our allies was getting, what we viewed as, unfairly dogpiled and the other wasn't even getting touched we changed our minds. If you want to demonize us for that choice then hey, go ahead. But I think we did a good thing.

Edit: Oh I think I misunderstood you. If you want to use a hypothetical situation that never came to reality to demonize us go ahead. 

Edited by leeguy

Yep sure has.  IRON does not care about treaties, or allies, or common sense.  Thread won indeed.  No better way to insult them.  Nice to see you have come around and started using your brain.  

Reminds me of INT and by extension CnG during the LSF-NoR situation.

Wasn't this much moral outrage by the world, but its funny to see the same people who supported that decision to ignore the treaty cry about something similar today.

NPO cancelled a NAP for public show. I really hope IRON doesn't care for it. The fact that you go so deeply into trying to turn it around shows just how petty you are. Nice try, but no.

Reminds me of INT and by extension CnG during the LSF-NoR situation.

Wasn't this much moral outrage by the world, but its funny to see the same people who supported that decision to ignore the treaty cry about something similar today.

Don't bring up hypocrisy. They already know they're hypocrites. They do not care.

Edited by Rotavele

NPO cancelled a NAP for public show. I really hope IRON doesn't care for it. The fact that you go so deeply into trying to turn it around shows just how petty you are. Nice try, but no.

You really just don't get it, do you? You might not personally understand the obligations that come with a treaty, but the New Pacific Order does, and that's why this cancellation was necessary. You longer you keep bashing something you don't understand, the more obvious your ignorance is.

You really just don't get it, do you? You might not personally understand the obligations that come with a treaty, but the New Pacific Order does, and that's why this cancellation was necessary. You longer you keep bashing something you don't understand, the more obvious your ignorance is.

I know you are but what am I?

A NAP cancellation, important stuff here

It's DEAD serious broooooo. Edited by Rotavele

Those were my thoughts as well  :laugh:

Tough I think we (TOP) had some kind of agreement with NpO along the lines of an NAP, and that genuinely benefitted relations. I think you can only have an NAP after a serious conflict in order to better relations. NAPs serve no purpose otherwise.

Assuming you are referring to the post-Grudge war era, it wasn't so much of an NAP as an agreement to reset relations to neutral and to end the perpetual war cycle between us. So, sort of the same but different. I think it worked.

"Back in the day" people used NAPs as an opener treaty. Something to sign with an alliance to facilitate discussion and avoid direct conflict. Alliances didn't bring their entire sphere into every war back then either (only the big ones) so it was conceivable that two alliances on opposing sides could agree to not fight each other.

Those were my thoughts as well  :laugh:

Tough I think we (TOP) had some kind of agreement with NpO along the lines of an NAP, and that genuinely benefitted relations. I think you can only have an NAP after a serious conflict in order to better relations. NAPs serve no purpose otherwise.

I would sign them with everyone so I knew who was going to hit me beforehand and have target lists ready.

#FoodForThought

I normally don't care too much about cancellations, but this one is truly unfortunate to see. I've had nothing but the utmost respect for NPO since before I was even in IRON, well over 2,200 days ago. You guys have been cut some rough deals over the years with folks seemingly always out to get you, yet always stuck to your guns and fought hard, built back up, and stared down your enemies once again on the battlefield. Much respect, and I sincerely hope relations can be repaired down the line.

o7 NPO

I remember when this treaty was signed. IRON had people like Sister Midnight and Shan Revan in charge, and was actually a respected alliance. These days, who do you have left? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hey, I'm still around... Sorta.

Rey's point was stupid and without substance. If he adds an actual "argument", then perhaps I will address it.

If you are truly of the belief that IRON is one to stab their allies in the back, then go ahead, believe that. But you may find we are a very honorable alliances. And I believe the NPO will want to work with us again once dust has settled. 

Also, added the I :)

Confriming this to the IRON members, IRON has indeed stabbed several good allies in the back (and some not so good ones), either through knee jerk reaction (NPO-Karma), Cowardice (NoV, ONOS, original VE... sorta), or unintentionally/incompetence (Polaris... well sorta not really it's complicated..., TOP - well that was was more intentional but we wanted them beside us not against. ) and probably a handful of others. Possibly ODN depending on how broad you want to get. Most alliances that have done anything of worth in this game have a similar list though. Hell at one point we nearly straight up attacked Sparta whilst a treaty was active because we forgot it existed. Good times.

What are you trying to say here, duelking? You seem unable to complete your thought. While I knew RON had suffered a drain in leadership and intelligence, I had no idea it was so severe. It is no wonder NPO had to cancel on you.

Now really, this is an NAP. They have canceled an NAP. What does it say when you get an NAP dropped in this day and age?

I am really going to enjoy watching you guys burn in a few months.

Oh don't be too mean to DK, he's one of the better new councillors in ron. ;) (ron really is a terrible insult though)

What a historical event between NPO and IRON.

Well the last time it was nearly cancelled was during GW1 so it kinda is.

I don't think anyone from IRON really cares lol

This is a bad post and you should feel bad.

Edited by Shan Revan