Mostly Harmless Alliance Decleration of War

thedoogan

Finally :)

But I see some hitchhikers who are declaring wars. Hope we're not going to declare more than NG did their first 24 hours. We've got a reputation to upkeep...

MHAil!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WRC is a loser's game. War is about warchest destruction, not infra and tech destruction.

Just so everyone knows, E is an excellent fighter, but I think he has too much of Planet Steve mindset stuck in him. 

The WRC is far more effective on Planet Bob when it comes to war because of the much larger warchests to support it, and the ability to destroy tech faster. A cost/benefit analysis would show it cause the enemy to lose money faster then yourself, which supports the latter part of your statement. But the first part of this comment was dumb. :|

Also, what's up, E? Long time, no see.

Umbrella is just that big of a deal

Apparently not if Umbrella already being helped with NG by VE, DoD, MW, and LoSS had to call in MHA to help out while MHA blocmate Sparta is getting smacked around.  Then followed by a dogpile on Nor?  As much as I dislike Nor, what a complete waste.  Either the people leading this coalition are clueless or the coalition is so fragile that it is stuck focusing on certain targets even though it does not help the war effort.  Either way this war has been a cluster since it started, I expect it will continue its downward spiral.   

Jesus Christ, my head is killing me this morning. I have vague memories of rebel-yelling in the MHA channel and DOWing some people. Did I do anything else dumb? :)  Other than that, not bad. How about you? I assumed you were still in TE and just running silent like everyone else. Are you really out?

And eh. I've just never been able to find the love for having WRC, 20k tech, etc etc etc. In a real war of extermination, all the expensive infra should be gone by week 2 anyway (or else you're not the one doing the exterminating, and are an idiot for not being in peace mode), so infra destruction is largely meaningless as a means of depleting warchests. Tech destruction is very useful, but since you get tech via tech trading and not actually buying it, then it's only modestly correlated with warchest. Once you're all down in the lowbie weeds, then what's the advantage?

(And that shows the one reason that a person should get a WRC - once you're at 20k tech, you can avoid the lowbie weeds by using the prospect of instadeath nukes to deter attackers. But really, 20k tech? :work: And it appears that most SE players agree with me.)

This plays into my nation building. I want 10k infra, enough tech for full econ bonuses, and as much money as I can horde. I could have gotten a WRC at the start of any war in the past few years, I just never saw a convincing reason to do so at the time.

This plays into my nation building. I want 10k infra, enough tech for full econ bonuses, and as much money as I can horde. I could have gotten a WRC at the start of any war in the past few years, I just never saw a convincing reason to do so at the time.

I think the point is to make your enemies less capable of causing more damage to your alliance by removing their tech and infra faster.

Making them less of a threat to you and your alliance mates which plays a part in protecting your warchests as faster tech loss harms your spy operations while increasing the odds of your enemies successfully removing cash from your nation.

If you can't see the benefit of the WRC in war then you should not be anywhere near a war.

Helping one's alliance more is a pretty convincing reason for most players including me, I bought a WRC the other day.

Edited by Commander shepard

Just so everyone knows, E is an excellent fighter, but I think he has too much of Planet Steve mindset stuck in him. 

The WRC is far more effective on Planet Bob when it comes to war because of the much larger warchests to support it, and the ability to destroy tech faster. A cost/benefit analysis would show it cause the enemy to lose money faster then yourself, which supports the latter part of your statement. But the first part of this comment was dumb. :|

You can't argue with a straightforward efficiency assessment. Someone give this guy a bonus.

Jesus Christ, my head is killing me this morning. I have vague memories of rebel-yelling in the MHA channel and DOWing some people. Did I do anything else dumb? :)  Other than that, not bad. How about you? I assumed you were still in TE and just running silent like everyone else. Are you really out?

And eh. I've just never been able to find the love for having WRC, 20k tech, etc etc etc. In a real war of extermination, all the expensive infra should be gone by week 2 anyway (or else you're not the one doing the exterminating, and are an idiot for not being in peace mode), so infra destruction is largely meaningless as a means of depleting warchests. Tech destruction is very useful, but since you get tech via tech trading and not actually buying it, then it's only modestly correlated with warchest. Once you're all down in the lowbie weeds, then what's the advantage?

(And that shows the one reason that a person should get a WRC - once you're at 20k tech, you can avoid the lowbie weeds by using the prospect of instadeath nukes to deter attackers. But really, 20k tech? :work: And it appears that most SE players agree with me.)

Please -- if you have any love for your alliance at all -- just stop.

I think the point is to make your enemies less capable of causing more damage to your alliance by removing their tech and infra faster.

Making them less of a threat to you and your alliance mates which plays a part in protecting your warchests as faster tech loss harms your spy operations while increasing the odds of your enemies successfully removing cash from your nation.

If you can't see the benefit of the WRC in war then you should not be anywhere near a war.

Helping one's alliance more is a pretty convincing reason for most players including me, I bought a WRC the other day.

I have to agree with your conclusion. Ironically, his nation was the first one to get into the fight for MHA. Maybe MHA should consider an outsourcing solution for its wars. That, or they've got a strong need for some ISO 9000. Define the procedures, follow them, enjoy the benefits of doing things the right way.

You do realize, that if you did, while it indeed reflects well on YOU personally, it makes the reflection on your alliance that much worse.

Lead by example?  What am I kidding, me do work?  I just want to fight.  I believe we fought last war and remember it being fun.  Want another round?  :)

Edit: left a few words out

Edited by scytale

Minus the part I address below, but CS pretty much has it right on the analysis.

Also, my head and body was in pure agony this morning as well (OOC: too much drinking last night and can you believe I only spent 6 euros? hahaha, sucks I had class this morning on saturday.) As for my time on Planet Steve, I unfortunately sold my summer villa there and only own real estate on Planet Bob. I don't think I will be looking to buy there anytime soon either, so I think it's safe to say I have moved on. 

I can personally vouch for E and say that he's one hell of a fighter and I'd much rather have him on my side then the other. I just disagree, along with others on his analysis of a WRC. Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

Apparently not if Umbrella already being helped with NG by VE, DoD, MW, and LoSS had to call in MHA to help out while MHA blocmate Sparta is getting smacked around.  Then followed by a dogpile on Nor?  As much as I dislike Nor, what a complete waste.  Either the people leading this coalition are clueless or the coalition is so fragile that it is stuck focusing on certain targets even though it does not help the war effort.  Either way this war has been a cluster since it started, I expect it will continue its downward spiral.   

Not to make a peace mode joke......but since most of TOP and Umbrella are in peace mode, they do need other alliances to do the fighting for them. 

Not to make a peace mode joke......but since most of TOP and Umbrella are in peace mode, they do need other alliances to do the fighting for them. 

Exactly, we are putting forth a minimal effort and using the rest of our coalition to carry the load.  :rolleyes: