Most Epic War

Malik Shabazz

IMO I think it's a tie between Karma and EQ:

Karma: Years of NPO's iron-fisted hegemony over CN came to an end, as most of CN finally stood up to them. I've even had to go back and read old threads, just to get the general feeling of it. They were some of the best DoWs I've ever read. I wish I was around to experience it.

EQ: Umbrella thinking they could get away with aiding a rogue, and AI and their coalition seeking to put an end to the DH hegemony sparked this war. A back and forth stalemate inwhich, neither side could really declare victory. It is probably the best war I've fought in.

It's like we're in the DoW topic listening to propaganda [i]right now[/i]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, with all this propaganda I can't wait until the next war.

I was speaking as to the "Umbrella thought they could get away with aiding a rogue' bit. Until Umbrella officially states that was the case, it's best not to assume their intentions.

I wouldn't say this war was the most epic. GWII or GWIII came down to what many believe on the losing side to IRON's entry.

IRON choose not to enter, but was still granted access to our coalition channel and funneled intel to NPO and Co. I don't recall if that was GWII or III. Pretty sure the channel was #sanctum or something like that. Been far too long.

tl;dr: We lost. CDS disbanded. ~> COLD formed from ex-CDS. Merged with TF! and TPF was born out of it. 

(CDS disbanded because the Prime Minister at the time just wanted to nuke GOONS and ourselves into oblivion.) 

Circle of life. 

GWII was fun. I enjoyed being in The League though our treaty was LEAP or something.

Edit: I also enjoyed fighting GOONS like 3-4 wars in a row. Every single war we would hit GOONs. 

Edited by TimLee

This coming from a 2008er

Bipolar - The lead up was interesting, very much a muddled mess post-Karma with Citadel, Frostbite, CnG, SF, ex-Heg....then you had the moralist stuff about tech raiding which technically started the war.

Karma second.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

GW2, good build up, Norway and NoR buisness leading FARK to Planet Bob, two fairly even sides not tied each other by a big silly web, alliances that had a 1000 members, The League vs The Initiative, Legion and ODN failing to enter, treaties and politics mattered. 

This, and GW3 were by far the best.

The politics of that era will never be recreated.

I was speaking as to the "Umbrella thought they could get away with aiding a rogue' bit. Until Umbrella officially states that was the case, it's best not to assume their intentions.

It's pretty obvious that they were trying to aid a rogue, so it really isn't an assumption.

It's pretty obvious that they were trying to aid a rogue, so it really isn't an assumption.

They do that to everyone who leaves their alliance after signing that pact. Leave the speculation out if you're trying to provide a "good" point of view about the war.

I wouldn't claim that they lost the war. I imagine they accomplished every objective they set out to and no one things that to be the case is the interesting part. It's a surrender on paper, but the other side paid a heavy price with depleted war chests. Umbrella is still statistically superior (not to the same degree) and still has better war chests. 

They do that to everyone who leaves their alliance after signing that pact. Leave the speculation out if you're trying to provide a "good" point of view about the war.

Even if they decide to rogue another alliance? Come on now, they know what they did.

Even if they decide to rogue another alliance? Come on now, they know what they did.

Alliance policy is alliance policy. Until you can prove they weren't just following a precedent, don't claim otherwise.

Kind of a silly argument, but there is an alternative. Anarchy inc and those in confidence with them, were pursuing a favorable war against Doom House for some time: the basic desire was to turn their advantage and to sate a desire for retribution. While Umbrella may or may not have intended to, they obstructed the attempts of this group to deal with a rogue, and furnished them with a suitable premise upon which to build a war. The fact that their behavior was not of malice but the result of a policy (BIBO) supported by extensive precedent is irrelevant, as EQ was premised on the personality and power of those leading it, not a genuine outrage over a limited legal dispute. Arguments which suggest EQ was actually only about Umbrella, much less umbrella's actions are disingenuous and insult the intelligence of anyone with eyes to read.

That being said: I would say Karma for obvious reasons. A close second for me though would be DH-NPO- I still go back and read Archon's DoW from time to time.

Edited by iamthey

Kind of a silly argument, but there is an alternative. Anarchy inc and those in confidence with them, were pursuing a favorable war against Doom House for some time: the basic desire was to turn their advantage and to sate a desire for retribution. While Umbrella may or may not have intended to, they obstructed the attempts of this group to deal with a rogue, and furnished them with a suitable premise upon which to build a war. The fact that their behavior was not of malice but the result of a policy (BIBO) supported by extensive precedent is irrelevant, as EQ was premised on the personality and power of those leading it, not a genuine outrage over a limited legal dispute. Arguments which suggest EQ was actually only about Umbrella, much less umbrella's actions are disingenuous and insult the intelligence of anyone with eyes to read.

That being said: I would say Karma as it fundamentally altered the game's landscape. A close second for me would be DH-NPO, and then BiPolar.

it's less about what happened and more he was trying to be factual while using something that hasn't been (and likely never will be) a confirmed fact by any means.  It isn't a crucial point or anything, it's just really biased to say in a thread where we aren't even supposed to be in "character"

Edited by Neo Uruk

Fails? Sorry.... Were you involved in the same war? There was no failure there, lots of losses for all alliances, but wasnt the goal to drop Umbrella? As far as it shows.... That goal was achieved ;)

Edit: I am going to go with Armagedon

At what cost? Umbrella completely obliterated everything that was in the range which their alliance has it's niche in. The war really only widened the gap, between the upper tiers of the two sides.

Edited by King Brandon

I would not say that the war against Umbrella failed. It just didn't achieve any meaningful goals beyond lowering the ANS and by association the total strength. The upper tier still is there for the most part, Umbrella just expended a chunk of change in the execution of the war its self.

God I wish I was around for Bipolar.

Karma was probably the most epic, at least that I've lived through. NPO going down was pretty significant, and this, imo, was the end of the Age of Heroes/ Golden Age/ whatever name you want to assign it. 

Policy or not, it's a general rule that you should not aid rogues. Umbrella should've known better.

You would have an amazing point if, up until the point AI declared war on Umbrella, Umbrella wasn't nuking puppets daily with more tech than AI had. That is, provided AI's own stupidity didn't cause them to nuke before Lusitan could get on.

This has been beat to death several times, and this isn't the right thread for it, so I'm stopping here.

Edited by Neo Uruk

GW3, then Bipolar were the best that I was around for. UJW and Karma had a ton of potential but were over before they really got going due to how the losing side handled the situation and were beatdowns from the start.

I think the latter two you mentioned were more significant than GW3 or Bipolar, just as far as how they affected the world. Initiative breaking down into what you could label as Civil War provided a far more epic setting than GW3. Bipolar probably has them beat... but it's also fresher in people's minds. 2007 was a long time ago.

Edited by Letterkenny

UjP might have been my favorite war. Karma was fun since the Umbrella/Kronos/Valhalla/Olympus front was pretty numerically even at the time.

Though, the fact that UjP defeated itself makes the victory there (I was in IRON at that time many years ago) a bit less meaningful...

My favorite from reading (joined on 2011 so before my time) was the FAN-1V War.   Even though it wasn't a decisive win and an ally of theirs disbanded FAN went 17 months against a larger force.