• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting Saniiro in instead of Arciel doesn't help you as I said I rescinded the order. Since I sent a message saying people can come out if they want. Voluntaryily, not an order. So that is why it doesn't apply. Have your eye's look at the edited post of your screenshot.

Probably a wise move. Makes an order look less ineffective if it isn't followed, once it's optional.

Probably a wise move. Makes an order look less ineffective if it isn't followed, once it's optional.

What? I put out the order for people to hold out for a few reasons. So we could nuke people above those coming out and there was a moment where Dre4m had said CnG wanted to coordinate something. Then before that ever happened peace came so there was no need to order anyone to do anything anymore. So I said if they wanted to they could still come out. Some have. Most haven't. Pretty moot at this stage anyway.

So let me get this straight. If a GATO nation says "no, this war sucks, I am going to stay in PM" they would be hauled up before you and prosecuted. But as long as they are smart enough to just keep their mouth shut and say nothing, they can sit out every war in PM with no consequences? Do they get medals for these wars they sit out for entirely non-disobedience reasons?

It's my prerogative. Anyone who doesn't follow direct orders could be tried whether they do so passively or by demonstrating their unwillingness. No one did any picketing and if I wanted I could send those 5 guys who never read an order mesage to the high court, shame them a little. 

Edited by magicninja

The GATO military holds strong as ever.

Yes.  The cult supports spying during times of war.  The cult has always supported spying during war.  When the cult was at war with ODN, This Week in ODN was a thing.  This should have just been expected.

Possibly the funniest thing I've read in my time here on CN

It's my prerogative. Anyone who doesn't follow direct orders could be tried whether they do so passively or by demonstrating their unwillingness. No one did any picketing and if I wanted I could send those 5 guys who never read an order mesage to the high court, shame them a little. 

so let me get this straight, you are saying that you would consider taking over half your alliance to court?

Wow. 

What do you think they will do? Are they in PM as well?

so let me get this straight, you are saying that you would consider taking over half your alliance to court?

Wow. 

5....5 people...... Do you not read? Perhaps you are willfully ignorant.....Perhaps Schattenmann does have the minds of the little people and you can't help but believe his bullshit? At any rate you should run along before you embarrass yourself further.

Wow. 

What are you talking about? We were ordered into peace mode. I see no reason for Magic to take to court those who followed orders. If he wanted to, he could try prosecuting those 5 people who never read his message as that would be an actual violation. 

We were ordered to be fully released by the 15th of March, if I recall correctly, but that order was rescinded (the 'newer' set of orders was, conveniently, not shown in the OP) due to some strategizing.

Edited by Arciel

INT:

Pre-War NS: 4,277,269

Current NS= 1,642,901

% Lost= 61.59%

ODN:

Pre-War NS: 9,874,136

Current NS: 4,498,632

% Lost= 54.44%

TLR:

Pre-War NS= 6,533,736

Current NS= 3,132,847

% Lost= 52.05%

NG:

Pre-War NS= 8,181,094

Current NS= 4,559,767

% Lost= 42.26%

GATO: 

Pre-War NS=  7,726,858

Current NS= 6,087,605

% Lost= 21.22%

The stats pretty much speak for themselves.

Edited by HM Solomon I

Still makes you (GATO) look bad post war as an end result, regardless of the reasoning why.

I don't really care what it "looks" like. I know what it is. My members know what it is. My allies know what it is. If people like you and Schatt's numb followers really want to believe....whatever it is you believe that makes us "look" bad...by all means...I'd rather be underestimated.

Edited by magicninja

Yeah those numbers show nobody wanted to hit GATO. I thought when we released the 60k nations someone would move to help Legion and RnR...but no one did.

We complained endlessly about not receiving support: the pressure from GATO was too much to bear.

Not.

I don't really care what it "looks" like. I know what it is. My members know what it is. My allies know what it is. If people like you and Schatt's numb followers really want to believe....whatever it is you believe that makes us "look" bad...by all means...I'd rather be underestimated.

I'm sure that was the same response Sparta and Legion gave in the past when mocked about it... Didn't stop it then and won't stop it now either.

I agree with this man.

Then you don't know the first thing about military command...ya really.  

Magicninja may be a competent administrator and a nice guy.  I've not read anything that would indicate otherwise.

But when your own troops will not follow you, even if you restated your orders for clarity and reasserted your authority over them, your responsibility is to go to higher authority and explain the situation and offer your resignation (which may or may not be accepted)--not make the order "optional".  

For their part, the members of the Assembly should follow all orders that are in compliance with the GATO charter, follow the remedies outlined in the alliance charter to have magicninja relieved of his command, or resign their membership.  My sense is that didn't happen either.  Just lots of passive aggressive behavior and covering for it later,

If Schatt revealed too much in the opinion of people who stand materially to gain from making GATO look better, so be it.  It's a case study in how not run a military command and lulz aside, hopefully someone learned something from it.

Then you don't know the first thing about military command...ya really.  

Magicninja may be a competent administrator and a nice guy.  I've not read anything that would indicate otherwise.

But when your own troops will not follow you, even if you restated your orders for clarity and reasserted your authority over them, your responsibility is to go to higher authority and explain the situation and offer your resignation (which may or may not be accepted)--not make the order "optional".  

For their part, the members of the Assembly should follow all orders that are in compliance with the GATO charter, follow the remedies outlined in the alliance charter to have magicninja relieved of his command, or resign their membership.  My sense is that didn't happen either.  Just lots of passive aggressive behavior and covering for it later,

If Schatt revealed too much in the opinion of people who stand materially to gain from making GATO look better, so be it.  It's a case study in how not run a military command and lulz aside, hopefully someone learned something from it.

What do all of you not get about 5 people....a whole 5 out of all of GATO did not follow orders? Are you really being that stupid? Not paying attention? What is it Hal?

We complained endlessly about not receiving support: the pressure from GATO was too much to bear.

Not.

Good for you for just letting your nations be ran over. Must inspire confidence from the rank and file.

I'm sure that was the same response Sparta and Legion gave in the past when mocked about it... Didn't stop it then and won't stop it now either.

Like I said, I'd rather be underestimated. You and those who think like you can continue to be ignorant. I'm fine with that. Edited by magicninja

Good for you for just letting your nations be ran over. Must inspire confidence from the rank and file.

Apparently we have a different concept of "being run over". Grudge + Dave made sure of that, probably. Literally no nation from our "toptier" complained about fighting at hard odds. No one. Int was ran over, and ODN to a good extent. Us? We'll be back in shape in 4 or 5 months.

So yeah, feel free to bask in GATO's great military accomplishments during this war.

EDIT: meh, I probably sound too harsh. A few people in GATO fought hard or tried to. Not trying to discount their efforts here.

Edited by Garion

Apparently we have a different concept of "being run over". Grudge + Dave made sure of that, probably. Literally no nation from our "toptier" complained about fighting at hard odds. No one. Int was ran over, and ODN to a good extent. Us? We'll be back in shape in 4 or 5 months.

So yeah, feel free to bask in GATO's great military accomplishments during this war.

I thought you guys owned below 100k...no it was lowered to 80k...that's right.... Besides Langara what is your largest nation out of peace? You are simply the beneficiary of a few alliances on this side who got caught out. We could have kept grinding you guys for quite some time and I'm glad to hear you would have taken it willingly.

I thought you guys owned below 100k...no it was lowered to 80k...that's right.... Besides Langara what is your largest nation out of peace? You are simply the beneficiary of a few alliances on this side who got caught out. We could have kept grinding you guys for quite some time and I'm glad to hear you would have taken it willingly.

Nothing surprising here, you'll admit. Your side had a clear advantage over 100k NS. XX+SF+Aft+Polarsphere alltogether had less 100k+ nations than the sole C&G, thanks to your previous war efforts. And the average tech per nation ratios were better too. Your side (not GATO: your side) had a rather easy time there. By looking at the rest of the playfield, though, you pretty much deserted the game. One could say you allowed us to run over your blocmates undisturbed while trying to play some strategy that didn't eventuate... I'm sure that must inspire confidence from the rank and file of C&G.

I ran the numbers a while back and Magicninja is right, the % of available defensive slots filled for GATO has been much less than for any other CnG alliance.  They just weren't being targeted as much, so you would expect a lower % NS lost.  

Also, it makes sense to post a TWiX-type expose when you are on the losing side of a war and are trying to build political capital.  This publication, however, I just don't see the point.  It feels cheap and immature to try and kick an alliance on the losing side of war.  Is it just a way to stroke the ego?