An Announcement by the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

There no such thing as universally accepted norms of the treaty system, like there are no universally accepted norms for tech raiding. An alliance has the right to declare war in support of another alliance without the need of a treaty to say that, if an alliance share the common opinions and goals of another alliance they have the sovereignty to declare war without the need of a treaty to allow them to. That said, thee GATO' new policy is stupid because in a coalition war declare an alliance of the same coalition of another you're fighting a "rogue" or considered it a separate war front just because the two alliances don't share a treaty is non sense and nobody will going to buy it just because GATO is saying. Try to enforce internal policies to other alliances is stupid, unless the alliance that is trying to enforce it has enough power to do so and right now power is a commodity that is lacking in GATO or in their side.

holy shit, I agree with D34th, my life is now over.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There no such thing as universally accepted norms of the treaty system, like there are no universally accepted norms for tech raiding. An alliance has the right to declare war in support of another alliance without the need of a treaty to say that, if an alliance share the common opinions and goals of another alliance they have the sovereignty to declare war without the need of a treaty to allow them to. That said, thee GATO' new policy is stupid because in a coalition war declare an alliance of the same coalition of another you're fighting a "rogue" or considered it a separate war front just because the two alliances don't share a treaty is non sense and nobody will going to buy it just because GATO is saying. Try to enforce internal policies to other alliances is stupid, unless the alliance that is trying to enforce it has enough power to do so and right now power is a commodity that is lacking in GATO or in their side.

I think you'll find we're not the ones attempting to "enforce internal policies to other alliances". I also think you'll find you've taken many liberties in your interpretation.

This whole post stinks of WHAAA WHAAA we dont want to fight people we didnt strategicaly choose to fight.

answer me, is it an attack on one an attack on all, or does that only apply when you want it to,  someone from equilibrium explain it to me. you can just make a bubble of no rules around you and expect everyone else to follow the rules you ignore.

I have to wonder if you know who you are yelling at.....

and yeah Death is right. The policy only goes so far as our allies will stand up for our right to have it. Whether Pacifica, TIO, LoSS, TPF etc don't mind bandwagoners on us is up to them.

Edited by magicninja

I think you'll find we're not the ones attempting to "enforce internal policies to other alliances". I also think you'll find you've taken many liberties in your interpretation.

No you are, you are wanting to not have to deal with AA's that cant chain on you, but you are also wanting to be atliberty to attack anyone on the other wide without chaning into it with a treaty, you can have your cake and eat mine to. get with your friends and decide if an attack on one is an attack on all or not.

GATO DoW on GOD Via CnG

GATO DoW on Invicta Via CnG

RnR DoW on GATO Via SF

DBDH DoW on GATO Via oDoAP with Invicta

All legit and good to go.

and anyone else 1 chain out, right?  That's how I read it anyway. 

Any attack against a nation of GATO by any alliance not tied by a direct treaty to an alliance already engaged in a publicly declared war with GATO will be considered a rogue war and will be handled as such.

So any direct allies of the alliances magicninja mentioned can enter undeclared?  I'm not trying to twist this, just clarify.

Also r00tn00b, you're arguing with magicninja, who agrees with you. So just leave.

No you are, you are wanting to not have to deal with AA's that cant chain on you, but you are also wanting to be atliberty to attack anyone on the other wide without chaning into it with a treaty, you can have your cake and eat mine to. get with your friends and decide if an attack on one is an attack on all or not.

My friend GATO is not in Equilibrium. This whole thread is a we don't accept the hit one, hit all policy and we're deciding we want our opponents to do the right thing and follow their treaty chains but it's nice to know GOONs are up to speed on who is on their side and who is not.

I found nothing, please point to me where the universal rules say that you need a treaty to declare war in a global war or you're a rogue and then I'll leave this thread.

GATO attacked two alliances who signed a document with another 20(?) stating that one attack on one is an attack on all, if you need to see a treaty so despairingly then consider the Joint DoW one, since all those alliances and their respective governments agreed on the terms of that document and a treaty between alliances is exactly that: an document where two or more alliances agree on the terms written in said document and put their signatures on it. 

and anyone else 1 chain out, right?  That's how I read it anyway. 

So any direct allies of the alliances magicninja mentioned can enter undeclared?  I'm not trying to twist this, just clarify.

Also r00tn00b, you're arguing with magicninja, who agrees with you. So just leave.

Basically its this:

We concede there are enough ties on the other side to likely chain in just about anyone on us (Including ourselves) legitimately in some fashion. We would just like to see that laid out in an OWF declaration so we can be sure that no one is just bandwagoning us without any treaty tie whatsoever. If the chain is 5 out that's fine, just post the DoW with the treaty chain. Not much to ask. 

My friend GATO is not in Equilibrium. This whole thread is a we don't accept the hit one, hit all policy and we're deciding we want our opponents to do the right thing and follow their treaty chains but it's nice to know GOONs are up to speed on who is on their side and who is not.

just pretend I am yelling at someone on the other side, and go with it

I found nothing, please point to me where the universal rules say that you need a treaty to declare war in a global war or you're a rogue and then I'll leave this thread.

GATO attacked two alliances who signed a document with another 20(?) stating that one attack on one is an attack on all, if you need to see a treaty so despairingly then consider the Joint DoW one, since all those alliances and their respective governments agreed on the terms of that document and a treaty between alliances is exactly that: an document where two or more alliances agree on the terms written in said document and put their signatures on it. 

Even if we wanted to buy that stinky baloney Death. This could apply to outside alliances that were not in on the announcement declaring on Int and ODN which includes a good portion of Equilibrium and uninvolved alliances. That said we do not buy the baloney.

Yeah, not so sure that's going to work.

Yeah asking for common decency is probably a bit of a stretch at this point.

Also I counted 16 others in the announcement with GOD and Invicta. All of them likely have easy ties. Most of them likely are just one out and the rest two treaties out. So, this isn't a big inconvenience to any plan they may have had to hit us. We just ask they post up the ties. Simple and easy.

This is a stupid policy, but nobody need to worry about them since GATO is going to surrender soon.

And you're a shitty poster, but that doesn't change the fact that what GATO is doing here is pretty much universally agreed upon. Even if they were to lose this war, no surrender terms have really ever dictated "Allow rogues to do what they wish to your alliance." 

And you're a shitty poster, but that doesn't change the fact that what GATO is doing here is pretty much universally agreed upon. Even if they were to lose this war, no surrender terms have really ever dictated "Allow rogues to do what they wish to your alliance." 

What's your base to say that what GATO is doing here is pretty much universally agreed? Did you made a research asking the opinion of all the +12k nations rulers in cyberverse? I don't think so, people should stop to use terms like "universally accepted norms" or "universally agreed" to try to make their opinion more relevant since people around here tends to disagree in practically everything and this GATO policy is far from being a unanimity. 

All GATO is trying to do with this stupid policy is use their treaties with the alliances in the other side to try to limit those who can counter them, thus reducing the damage they are receiving in this penitential war before surrender, abandon DH and definitively change sides, joining NPO on a new age of prosperity. 

Also Chax, I see you still is obsessed with me and I'm bored, can you please send another rogue against me? If so, this time send someone who really fights ok?