Never bring an Umbrella to a gun fight

TRON IX

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358601147' post='3079862']
The issue isn't with what my allies in NPO and TIO have done. I'm fine with it. They did what they felt they needed to. I wish them the best. The criticism is for those few individuals claiming this to be the best CB they have ever seen in all the history of Bob. It really isn't. It's good enough so I'm good with the war. I've fought for CBs shakier than this but there have been better CBs with more concrete proof. So all I want is for things to be called as they are and not overblown...in either direction. AI and pals I think do realize its a good enough CB but need to realize it isn't perfect and Umb and pals need to realize that while its not perfect alot of the evidence shows something fishy was happening.
[/quote]

I think he meant your other allies in C&G.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1358602021' post='3079868']
A couple of months ago I said that NPO were a terrible ally to GATO because they would jump at a chance to to start a war with CnG allies. Brehon angrily denied it, but hey, it's two months later and I'm right and he's wrong.
[/quote]

NPO is allied to TLR and GATO not C&G. Last time I look our allies is not allied to Umbrella.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1358602294' post='3079871']
NPO is allied to TLR and GATO not C&G. Last time I look our allies is not allied to Umbrella.
[/quote]

The bloc is clearly enormously important to both allies, so it's negligence at best and outright malice at worse.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1358575554' post='3079655']
[color=#0000ff]My hands are more or less clean. The worst of the atrocities began only after the UJW, and I had little to do with it. All wars prior to then were justifiable. Some of the wars prior to FAN, particularly against ONOS, were questionable. However, when I left in disgust in late 2007 I atoned for my sins by defending the weak. In the years since then I have not abandoned my duty as a champion of justice. Sometimes it is necessary to have been part of an evil in order to effectively oppose it.[/color]
[/quote]

Pacificans have atoned for their sins by staying and absorbing the beatdown post-Karma. You cannot forgive yourself and not forgive others.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1358602439' post='3079872']
The bloc is clearly enormously important to both allies, so it's negligence at best and outright malice at worse.
[/quote]
So you are blaming NPO for Umbrella's actions in instigating this conflict? I thought C&G were not going to back the aggressors in the next global conflict.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1358602831' post='3079877']
So you are blaming NPO for Umbrella's actions in instigating this conflict? I thought C&G were not going to back the aggressors in the next global conflict.
[/quote]

No, I'm blaming NPO for being mightily enthusiastic about putting their allies through a pretty awful time so that they can make a play for more power. And lying, that too.

[quote name='Sir Humphrey' timestamp='1358602831' post='3079877']
[/quote]

Technically despite the validity of the CB, NPO is among the aggressors.

It's just putting us in a tight spot that's all.

That said, have a good war, everyone.

[quote name='Sweeeeet Ronny D' timestamp='1358564155' post='3079421']
I would think Anarchy could pat itself on the back, if it straight up declared on Umbrella, and not needed the other two top non neutral alliances in the game, along with 2 other smaller alliances, to help them declare war on less than 100 nations.

good job I guess?

Its also nice to see that now that the other side finally declared a war, it actually has a valid CB.
[/quote]

It's Umbrella, take that as a testament to their proficiency.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358576095' post='3079665']
We weren't happy with the situation Mogar and I haven't really cared to talk to MK/DH since. It was one of the reasons we pressed no more aggressive action from over here.So no it isn't a case of double standards. It was a !@#$%^&* reason then and now.
[/quote]

Actually, GATO's leadership was enthusiast at the time, by their own admission. Don't lie, please.

[quote name='Gloin' timestamp='1358580465' post='3079743']
To be fair, it did take you guys literally months to gather the courage to actually attack.
[/quote]

"No u".

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358592642' post='3079824']
Thank you Captain Obvious. Also, we may all be disappointed Umb says they'd rather not give everyone the satisfaction of this war or something like that.....I heard it through the grapevine. Fine with me I guess.
[/quote]

Umbrella not calling in their allies? I can hear the crying of a lot of mid tier and smaller nations.

[quote name='Elorian' timestamp='1358603204' post='3079880']
[/quote]
If a CB is valid, technically, an agression has already taken place, hence the 'validity' of the CB. Your attempt to sow confusion by mind tricks stands revealed!

As I said, Have fun guys, you dont owe explanations to anyone outside your allies.

Edited by shahenshah

They aren't enthusiastic about putting you guys at odds. They are tired of getting beat down, poked at, recently the threat that their mutual allies would side with doomhouse anyways. Sometimes enough is enough and you gotta stand up for something. I mean look at the Dave war, CnG was put on the back burner to protect NoR. That doesn't tick you off the slightest? When will CnG come first? We're allies Las. We see it blatantly. Come on GATO, for Dave. The International deserved their war even though LSF went at NoR on a whim, Dave was such a load of crap.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1358603938' post='3079888']
Umbrella not calling in their allies? I can hear the crying of a lot of mid tier and smaller nations.
[/quote]

please kind sir, stop the madness, give us peace!are you npos alterego by any chance?

Edited by Amossio

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358604206' post='3079891']

If a CB is valid, technically, an agression has already taken place, hence the 'validity' of the CB. Your attempt to sow confusion by mind tricks stands revealed!

As I said, Have fun guys, you dont owe explanations to anyone outside your allies.
[/quote]

Yes, because valid CBs certainly get you out of defending MDP'd allies. Worked wonders for ODN and INT historically.

[quote name='Elorian' timestamp='1358603204' post='3079880']

It's just putting us in a tight spot that's all.

That said, have a good war, everyone.
[/quote]
Others such as NSO and NoR have argued otherwise. Regardless, the point is that it is Umbrella's actions that put you in the tight spot (and C&G's decision to align itself so closely with DH), not NPO's.

[quote name='Tiggah' timestamp='1358604612' post='3079897']
Yes, because valid CBs certainly get you out of defending MDP'd allies. Worked wonders for ODN and INT historically.
[/quote]

Oh I agree it puts you in 'If I do, I'm screwed, If I dont, I'm screwed' but they to tell who is actually responsible for putting one in said situation. That was my point, you cant pin this on NPO.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1358592642' post='3079824']
Thank you Captain Obvious. Also, we may all be disappointed Umb says they'd rather not give everyone the satisfaction of this war or something like that.....I heard it through the grapevine. Fine with me I guess.
[/quote]

Hmmmm.....a little bit of DIS-information there I wonder?

Edited by lord6dread

[quote name='Wadsworth' timestamp='1358569812' post='3079554']
Oh look, all of the most insufferable and unlikeable people that inhabit this world, all in one spot.
[/quote]
now now, Umbrella does have some cool people in it too. some.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1358587129' post='3079790']

At first I was lost. I was falling blindly through a mist, unable to see the light of day. A darkness fell over me, the rain thundered down on me, soaking my clothing and turning the field to mud. I tried to run for the nearest shelter, yet it was but an illusion. A mirage. The mud stuck to my feet, pulled my shoes off. I was running barefoot, trying to escape the torrential rains falling around me.

I was cold. I was lost. Suddenly I was in the woods, running and running. My heart was pounding in my chest, my lungs screaming as the freezing January air pierced my throat and threatened to choke me like an invisible hand. My foot smashed fast into a rock, ripping my heel open and causing blood to pour out like the tears of so many OWF posters. I fought through the pain and kept running. I heard something fall behind me, turned around as I kept running, saw a recently-fallen tree where I'd just been. I whirled back around and the lights went out- I'd run face-first into a low-hanging branch.

I felt as if I were floating, detached from my body. Then I felt the throbbing, oh the throbbing and the pain. The rain kept pelting me, my head was torn open and bleeding. I saw a white light up above and heard a beautiful voice, no, several voices. Angels. They were singing to me. "Go toward the light, Chax. Go, go! It is your destiny!"

My body lifted up toward the light, and the soft voice of AllahArchon broke through the angels, telling me that now was not my time to leave Planet Bob. I must fight on, he said. I was created in his image, I was his child and he had faith in me. His only son, Infinite Citadel, had died for my sins, my mistakes on this planet and I must remember that sacrifice and continue on, serving Him in his holy Kingdom for the remainder of my life.

When I awoke from this dream, I knew what I must do. I shook myself off, shakily got to my feet, and ran back the way I'd come. The rain was no longer a detriment; it was cleansing, a shower cleaning off the blood, the mud. It was cleansing the pains and mistakes of the past from me, preparing me for entry into His holy Kingdom.

I burst from the forest into a field of sunshine, a rainbow in the distance where Sardonic frolicked happily. The future looked bright. I had come home, I had finally gone home to my long-lost place of happiness. I'd denied my love for so long, for I was ignorant. I turned, saw another figure wandering the forest and ran toward them. Alas, I was running into the rain. I needed my umbrella if I were to stay safe outside the Kingdom.

And that, my friends, is when I realized my grave mistake: I'd left my umbrella behind. I looked into the darkness and saw it. The mean kids from down the street were standing around it, sneering at me, daring me to do something as they smashed it under their feet. My umbrella was sturdy, my umbrella was strong, but the treatment was Unjust.

Don't worry my trusty companion. I'm coming for you. I'll save you yet.
[/quote]
Well said, child. Let his light envelop you, warm you, shield you, strengthen you. You do not go alone, for update is dark and full of terrors.