INT announcement

[quote name='unpronounced' timestamp='1357953044' post='3075112']
Why sign the treaty in the first place? Maybe you should reconsider your other treaties too, Int. The timing is really bad.
[/quote]

Why eat food? You are just going to poop it out anyways! And the timing is usually really bad too.

Treaties are not eternal yet everyone is running around like they are. Everyone needs to get over themselves. If a relationship is broken or a clause in a treaty is broken...that is grounds for cancelation.

Just because NEW acts differently from everyone else doesn't mean they aren't subject to the same political ramifications of their actions.

Edited by AirMe

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Crownguard' timestamp='1357951299' post='3075093']
That's not exactly how it was presented to the rest of us. If you felt that way, maybe you should kind of talk to the rest of us about what you exactly intend to do before we start having to explain to our own members why they need to be ready for war too? Why our other allies need to be? Why this is all occurring in the first place?

Don't get it wrong, we (the International) generally vote majority rule (and the majority voted one way, I happened to personally vote against this cancellation but that's irrelevant), but we have to have information to decide on the best course of action. It would have been truly delightful if you said "Hey INT, this is what is going on. Let's plan this crap out together."

As it stands, it came across as pretty bloody sudden, then becomes a crisis and everyone loses their minds. Then people make decisions and evidently, have to stand by them. How it gets fixed is by people actually communicating their intentions with one another instead of guesswork.
[/quote]

Are you also the one who voted to sign with NEW.

You approached NEW for months for a treaty and you are hanging them dry now. Shame on you.

Incorrect.

Personally...no I wasn't there for the treaty when it was signed (played less than a year thanks) and I was also one who voted no against canceling the treaty.

Maybe the third time is the charm?

Hanging out to dry? Why is that? Is NEW planning on going to war without telling anyone then? Maybe in violation of the party of the treaty where they say to their allies "Yes, we're going to war?"

How are we hanging you out to dry if you're not going to war? And if you are...then how is NEW not screwing its allies over by not telling them what the hell they are, in fact doing?

I mean, I'm pretty baller and all, but I'm not a mindreader.

Edited by Crownguard

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1357936846' post='3074910']
Not my fault if The International is stupid and sign a treaty with an ally who go crazy on annual basis, also isn't my fault that is becoming a trend the fact that The International abandon their allies in time of need.
[/quote]
It's not helping someone in their "time of need" when you get in the car that they are deliberately driving over the cliff. This is NEW deliberately putting itself in a position to get crushed.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1357957865' post='3075150']
Glad to see TLR considers allies as fodder, or is it !@#$?
[/quote]

Do you even think before you post, or do you just slam the keyboard until legible words come up and post them?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1357958116' post='3075152']
Yes. That is exactly what I was saying. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Meh I was a bit harsh, tiredness.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1357958162' post='3075153']
Do you even think before you post, or do you just slam the keyboard until legible words come up and post them?
[/quote]

sdkdnvlksnbakjnvrekjnvf;kljfdnI hate you

Edited by Isaac MatthewII

If you're going to sign with an alliance like NEW, you know what you're getting yourself into. They like to put themselves in these positions, and INT and BFF especially cannot claim ignorance because they fought in the NEW-DF stunt. If you do not want an ally who will do things like this, you should not have signed with them.

But hey, welcome to the club NEW. Us and LSF are glad to have you.

[quote name='Stealthkill' timestamp='1357958263' post='3075155']
If you're going to sign with an alliance like NEW, you know what you're getting yourself into. They like to put themselves in these positions, and INT and BFF especially cannot claim ignorance because they fought in the NEW-DF stunt. If you do not want an ally who will do things like this, you should not have signed with them.

But hey, welcome to the club NEW. Us and LSF are glad to have you.
[/quote]

No loss on dealing with you so no worries. By your argument I guess both of our sides should have known better.

Are these external treaties really worth it, Int? I'm not even going to criticize this particular decision, but everytime you have to drop or ignore a tie when the chips are down, it reinfoces the idea that either you fa judgment is terrible or you sign treaties with no intention of ever needing to honor them. The honest thing would be to stick to c&g only.

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1357958214' post='3075154']
Meh I was a bit harsh, tiredness.

sdkdnvlksnbakjnvrekjnvf;kljfdnI hate you
[/quote]

Tired or not, what you posted can only be interpreted in one way. Thus proving you are an idiot trying to back peddle.

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1357958961' post='3075170']
Tired or not, what you posted can only be interpreted in one way. Thus proving you are an idiot trying to back peddle.
[/quote]

[img]http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-cause-i-don-t-care-4.png[/img]

This about sums it up.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1357958654' post='3075164']
Are these external treaties really worth it, Int? I'm not even going to criticize this particular decision, but everytime you have to drop or ignore a tie when the chips are down, it reinfoces the idea that either you fa judgment is terrible or you sign treaties with no intention of ever needing to honor them. The honest thing would be to stick to c&g only.
[/quote]

You tell me how CoJ handles its treaty obligations, since apparently we can use lessons. If you don't have to worry about anyone having a hand in your foreign affairs, you are very very lucky, and you are very, very irrelevant to affecting anything in a meaningful fashion.

EDIT: So evidently we have gone from "INT has abandoned NEW despite NEW not being at war, breaking a part of the treaty and not talking to us about anything they are doing" as a viable strategy of attack to "Why were you allied in the first place?" The two positions seem somewhat inconsistent, not that I was expecting much on the OWF.

Edited by Crownguard

[quote name='Isaac MatthewII' timestamp='1357959083' post='3075172']
This about sums it up.
[/quote]

The tired and reused "NOU" ploy. When you lack any tact to use back at someone, you resort to it. It furthers my point that you really shouldn't even talk.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1357958654' post='3075164']
[/quote]

Sorry this is going to bother me, but I have to say it. What kind of person quotes themselves in their own signature?

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1357959713' post='3075179']
The tired and reused "NOU" ploy. When you lack any tact to use back at someone, you resort to it. It furthers my point that you really shouldn't even talk.
[/quote]

The best part is he cares.

[quote name='Crownguard' timestamp='1357959183' post='3075173']
You tell me how CoJ handles its treaty obligations, since apparently we can use lessons. If you don't have to worry about anyone having a hand in your foreign affairs, you are very very lucky, and you are very, very irrelevant to affecting anything in a meaningful fashion.

EDIT: So evidently we have gone from "INT has abandoned NEW despite NEW not being at war, breaking a part of the treaty and not talking to us about anything they are doing" as a viable strategy of attack to "Why were you allied in the first place?" The two positions seem somewhat inconsistent, not that I was expecting much on the OWF.
[/quote]edit : ooc: phone posting fail
Thanks for asking. CoJ goes out of its way to ensure that any treaty we sign fits with the alignment (or unalignment) of our other allies. We don't sign just out of friendship or because it's the path of least resistance. We take our obligations extremely seriously and recognise that realistically we can only commit ourselves so much before the treaties themselves become untenable. We're in a good position because of it but luck is the last reason why that's the case.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='wes the wise' timestamp='1357945543' post='3075023']
No question INT has a good reason to cancel. The sucker here is the irony/double standard/hypocrisy of it all from what's happened in the past. Their reputation when it comes to treaties has been destroyed, and it isn't completely their own fault. But don't try and lump INT together with BFF in this matter. BFF has acted with class, over and over and over, even in their cancellation of the treaty with NEW. Sadly, INT, you will likely have to put up with these sorts of smart remarks, at least until everyone forgets, which actually might not take very long :P
[/quote]

Really?

Atleast Int didn't try and sugarcoat it. I would rather a disgruntled ally was straightforward and cancelled than proceeded with the backroom deals that BFF got involved in. From my interaction to friends in NEW, they feel the same way.

Best of luck to all those involved!

Edited by Robster83

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1357957852' post='3075149']
It's not helping someone in their "time of need" when you get in the car that they are deliberately driving over the cliff. This is NEW deliberately putting itself in a position to get crushed.
[/quote]

This

As for the rest of you, making me agree with a shroom? I hate you all.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1357938654' post='3074949']
Not sign the treaty with NEW, since as I said, everyone and their mother knows that NEW do stupid thing on annual basis, but since they were stupid enough to sign treaties with them they should stick to it. Unhappily with the current CN mentality treaties and friendship are honored only when everything is good and beautiful, but when things get bad and ugly everyone forgot all about the friendship
[/quote]

Current CN mentality? Are you forgetting the cancelation parades that marked pretty much all the existance of the Continuum? The rate of treaty honouring is incredibly high these days actually.

Edited by Lusitan

The level of drama in this thread pleases me greatly.

Never change OWF. Never change.

[img]http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw568_14832_-_animated_clopplauding_fluttershy_gif_reaction_image_reaction_ponies.gif[/img]