A Christmas Announcement from The Kingdom

Britishdude

[center][img]http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/The_Britishdude/KoHflag1-1-1.jpg?t=1349479099[/img][/center]

No, no. We're not the Kingdom you thought we were. But we from the Kingdom of Hyrule are more than happy to wish you a Merry Christmas and to announce the existence of the Kingdom of Hyrule (2.0)!

We decided to give this another stab after seeing the persistence of some of our members following the NpO merger in July. Watching them fight off rogues on their own and develop their nations against all odds inspired me and the rest of us. We unofficially reformed in October (on 10/11/12), but wanted to put off announcing our existence until we had 20 members. We were fortunate enough to cross over to 20 members yesterday. We're also extremely grateful to NATO for protecting us and smashing all of the rogues that they have on our behalf.

Charter:

[spoiler][quote][b]Article I: Admission[/b]

Any nation that wishes to join the Kingdom of Hyrule (henceforth referred to as KoH) may do so providing they meet the following criteria unless the King or member of the Royal Council objects to their joining. The criteria are as follows:

-The nation must not be involved in any active wars.
-The nation must not be aiding or receiving aid from any nations at war.
-The nation must not be on any alliance blacklists.

If an applying nation does not meet all of the above criteria they may not join until they do or until the King or a member of the Royal Council vouches for them.

[b]Article II: Structure of the Kingdom [/b]

A. Kokiri

Kokiri are the new kids on the block. This is the first stage most people go to upon admittance to the Kingdom of Hyrule. After they’ve completed their application process as outlined by the Duke of Internal Affairs they will be promoted to Hylians.

B. Hylians

The Hylians make up the majority of the Kingdom. Once they have completed the Royal Academy of the Kingdom they become Hylian and are responsible for their duties to the Kingdom. Any Hylian that fails to uphold his/her duties said citizen will be removed from the alliance unless they can provide a reasonable excuse as to why they haven’t upheld their duties.

C. Dukes

1) The Dukes shall consist of the Duke of Internal Affairs, Duke of Foreign Affairs, and Duke of Defense.

2) Dukes shall be appointed by the King, and serve as the leader of their respective departments.

D. The King

1) The King is the overseer of the Dukes and also provides general direction for the Kingdom.

2) The King during times considered “Emergencies” assumes full control of the alliance
a) During emergencies the King’s decisions can only be overturned by a full (3/3) Baron Vote.

[b]Article III: Government [/b]

The Government of the Kingdom of Hyrule shall consist of the Royal Council and the King.

A. The Royal Council

1) Duke of Internal Affairs:

The DoIA shall over see all matters of the Kingdom’s internal security. This includes solving disputes among Hylians, overseeing the Academy, helping new members get settled into the Kingdom, masking new members, recruitment, tech, trade, and the alliance bank.

2) Duke of Foreign Affairs:

The DoFA shall over see all matters concerning Foreign Policy. This includes running the Diplomat Corps, masking foreign diplomats, proposing treaties, and being the Kingdom’s main representative outside of the Kingdom’s walls.

3) Duke of Defense:

The DoD shall oversee the Kingdom’s overall security. This includes managing the Hylian Army, overseeing military training, tech raids, rogue/ghosts busts, and approving nuclear strikes.

B.The King:

The King serves as the speaker for the Kingdom. The King holds the power to declare an emergency at any time. During an emergency the King gains full control over the Kingdom.

C. Impeachment and Removal From Office

1) Any Hylian can call for the impeachment of any officer if there is evidence of treason against the Kingdom, breaking of rules of the Kingdom or not properly fulfilling the duties of the office.

2) The call for impeachment must be seconded by another Hylian in order to be brought before the alliance.

3) Impeachment proceeding shall last for 48 hours after the seconding of the call for impeachment to present evidence and debate the grounds of the charges.

[b]Article IV: Amendments[/b]

Any Amendment to the Charter must be discussed for a period of 48 hours after which a period of voting will begin. In order for the Amendment to pass it must reach 3/4s of the voting membership (Hylians).[/quote][/spoiler]

IRC Channel: #cn-hyrule
Forums: [url="http://s4.zetaboards.com/CN_Hyrule/index/"]http://s4.zetaboards...N_Hyrule/index/[/url]

King, Britishdude
Duke of Internal Affairs, Isaac
Duke of Foreign Affairs, Shellhound
Duke of Defense, Erik

Also, we are protecting the nations on the Supernova AA indefinitely or until they've all joined the Kingdom of Hyrule AA.

Edited by Britishdude

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1356490389' post='3067975']
Shellhound is still around?
[/quote]

He left CN for a little bit, but he's back! :)

[quote name='ADude' timestamp='1356489809' post='3067972']
Wait.. You didn't want to put Isaac in FA?
[/quote]

I cannot thank you enough for pointing this out. I [i]genuinely[/i] appreciate your concern and input.

Edited by Britishdude

[quote name='Britishdude' timestamp='1356490494' post='3067976']
He left CN for a little bit, but he's back! :)

I cannot thank you enough for pointing this out. I [i]genuinely[/i] appreciate your concern and input.
[/quote]

Glad too help out.

Edited by ADude

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1356491658' post='3067983']
Your alliance deserves every ounce of ridicule it gets on the subject of Isaac.
[/quote]

Hereno hit the nail on the head. Like you guys but putting Isaac into any position of authority is just a bad move. If it is at all possible to not see what a debacle it creates... His old alliance even warred him to shut him up...

Here is the formal protectorate agreement, signed in October:

[quote]
[center][img]http://cnnato.org/images/natosflag.png[/img][img]http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx251/The_Britishdude/KoHflag1-1-1.jpg?t=1349479099[/img]

[b][u]NATO/KoH Protectorate[/u][/b][/center]

[b]Preamble:[/b]

In accordance with their pre-established friendship, the Kingdom of Hyrule (KoH) and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) do hereby enter into this protectorate agreement.

[b]Article I: Military Agreement[/b]

I.1 Any attack made against the Kingdom of Hyrule will be treated as an attack on NATO. Should NATO come under attack, the Kingdom of Hyrule may assist NATO, but is not required to do so.

I.2 In the event that NATO attacks a third party, the Kingdom of Hyrule may assist NATO, but is not required to do so.

[b]Article II: Fiscal Agreement[/b]

II.1 NATO shall be given priority for all external KoH tech deals.

II.2 Members of both alliances may seek aid, if authorized, from either alliance so as to help promote nation growth and prosperity.

II.3 Members of both alliances are encouraged to work with one another when seeking trade circles and other trade agreements.

[b]Article III: Politics[/b]

III.1 Any war declarations will be discussed between both alliances before they occur.

III.2 The Kingdom of Hyrule will not sign any treaties while under the protection of NATO unless such treaties are first approved by NATO.

[b]Article IV: Friendship[/b]

IV.1 Both alliances will respect each other's nations and their boundaries. Any conflicts, should they arise, will be resolved completely and discreetly.

IV.2 Each alliance will report to the other any actions or events they are alerted to that may be detrimental to the other.

IV.3 Both alliances will continue to work together in a manner of mutual respect and maintain the goals set forth by this agreement.

[b][b]Article V: Cancellation[/b][/b]

V.1 While it is the hope that this agreement will reach fruition and be upgraded, it is understood that unforeseen circumstances do sometimes arise. Should at any time leaders of either alliance find this agreement no longer necessary or beneficial to their alliance they may terminate it after 5 days’ time with confirmed notice.

[b][b]Signed for NATO:[/b][/b]

Sir Humphrey, Secretary General
Berbers, Secretary of Foreign Affairs
Tsayka, Secretary of Defense
HM Solomon I, Secretary of Commerce
muwen1234, Secretary of Enlistment
Perceus, Chief Justice

[b][b]Signed for KoH:[/b][/b]

King, Britishdude
Duke of Defense, Abomb2323
Duke of Internal Affairs, Cpl Taylor02
[/quote]

I have been a part of many successful government terms in multiple alliances with only one hiccup (which as admitted by many involved wasn't even mostly my fault) and since I have been in KoH our membership, slot usage, and trades have gone up. I must be new here, are those bad things?

Issac can't even bring himself to finish fighting the war he helped start. Instead he leaves to join another micro and becomes their foreign minister. Garbage attracts garbage.

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1356494481' post='3067997']
NATO has to be completely !@#$@#$ retarded to be protecting any alliance with Isaac in it.
[/quote]

When have they not been idiotic in the last 5 years?

Edited by Emperor Marx

[quote name='Emperor Marx' timestamp='1356514926' post='3068046']
Issac can't even bring himself to finish fighting the war he helped start. Instead he leaves to join another micro and becomes their foreign minister. Garbage attracts garbage.

[/quote]

Internal but close enough.

[/quote]
Aye, that's us. Ours has been a history of frequently overreaching, and relying on our allies to bail us out or changes to our charter to compensate for our incompetence. Thanks for noticing!

[/quote]

[img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/876414_o.gif[/img]

You are trying too hard.