An Announcement from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

[quote name='Darth Banana' timestamp='1343502593' post='3016472']
I said that already Ego, I feel betrayed :(

Pshhh, ending the war? Forget that, we should break the record set by Karma :D
[/quote]

ODN oranges - the original and the best.

It is odd that a significant number of the international community seem to spend a great deal of time bemoaning the lack of war. When a decent sized war breaks out, we perceive a rush to bring it to a swift close. I am puzzled.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1343504871' post='3016476']
It is odd that a significant number of the international community seem to spend a great deal of time bemoaning the lack of war. When a decent sized war breaks out, we perceive a rush to bring it to a swift close. I am puzzled.
[/quote]

This is so true, I agree whole-heartedly

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1343498375' post='3016452']
Is it possible to make a point without throwing insults?

It just makes you look angry, frustrated, and lost.
[/quote]

I don't know, will people make it more difficult to laugh at them in the future? We can but hope, arsehole.

P.S. Insult provided as a joke and not actually meant. For now!

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1343503533' post='3016474']
Your current crop of most active OWF posters (yourself, Lanore, and Darth) is simply a huge step down from Laserwolf and the others who used to represent GATO well. It seems like you've never even considered the possibility that the "disrespect" you've been facing recently is related to an actual change in GATO's attitude and behavior in the last year or so.
[/quote]

People always say this, but provide absolutely no proof in word or deed. Anything you'd like to offer?

As Lanore said, Darth isn't in government and hasn't been in an FA role for going on 10 months now, but myself and Lanore were relatively nice when we were in powah.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343507928' post='3016490']People always say this, but provide absolutely no proof in word or deed. Anything you'd like to offer?

As Lanore said, Darth isn't in government and hasn't been in an FA role for going on 10 months now, but myself and Lanore were relatively nice when we were in powah.
[/quote]
I mean stuff like: referring to Thrash/detractors as idiots, saying "your stupidity is showing," making a MK-style self-mocking thread about being arrogant and then proceeding to be arrogant in that thread, everything Darth has ever posted, launching a pre-emptive attack, declaring on a direct C&G ally in [s]defense[/s]support of MK. I just can't see any of that coming from GATO a few years ago. You've lost just about everything that, for better or worse, made your alliance a bit easier to stomach than most AA's.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='Flonker' timestamp='1343511977' post='3016511']
Yup. Fashionably late.

Lemme finish catching my breath after 4 rounds & I'll get back on the dance floor. Us old farts DO need a breather now & again...
[/quote]

Well we at least try to look out best when the mail system delivers our invitation late. lol

Since I'm stuck in my lawn chair watching the glowing sky around me, I'll send you my walking cane on loaner. :P

[img]http://www.wilsonwalkingsticks.com/na-wildlifepics/wolf150-S.jpg[/img]

Edited by Laserwolf

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1343508861' post='3016495']
I mean stuff like: referring to Thrash/detractors as idiots, saying "your stupidity is showing," making a MK-style self-mocking thread about being arrogant and then proceeding to be arrogant in that thread, everything Darth has ever posted, launching a pre-emptive attack, declaring on a direct C&G ally in [s]defense[/s]support of MK. I just can't see any of that coming from GATO a few years ago. You've lost just about everything that, for better or worse, made your alliance a bit easier to stomach than most AA's.
[/quote]

Yeah and all veing the nice guy got us was a thrashing at the hands of 1V while some FinnishCommies and CSN tried to cancel and the rest of the world watched.....

So as should be obvious you need to be a bit aggressive at times in order to get things done around here. History certainly shows that and it wont be changing anytime soon.

[/quote]

- His argument was idiotic.
- Apologies for having fun?
- Darth often posts like a complete idiot, usually on purpose.
- With solid intelligence, apologies for being decisive?
- I really can't be bothered to go find it, but the argument about that is elsewhere. I don't think RnR have an issue.

A lot of it wouldn't have come from GATO a few years ago, you're right. We're in a cycle of being on the up, so our actions are more pro-active. A few years ago we were emerging from the Viceroy, and therefore less able to take action. What underpins us either way is that we tend to remain respectful where it's mutual, and make an effort to be sporting. Of all the people we've actually fought or dealt with, nobody has complained about us, the rest is from the peanut gallery.

[/quote]
It's almost like not having an FA strategy makes people think you're honorable these days.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343519375' post='3016539']
It's almost like not having an FA strategy makes people think you're honorable these days.
[/quote]

In the alternative universe, where GATO isn't corrupted: Thrash hopes we burn and we congratulate him on that, we remain absolutely formal at all times, DarthCyfe is banned from posting via charter amendment, we learn that MHA plan to hit close coalition members but decide to sit it out, and then we get completely hamstrung by conflicting treaty after conflicting treaty.

Sounds like a lot of fun!

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343519876' post='3016546']
In the alternative universe, where GATO isn't corrupted: Thrash hopes we burn and we congratulate him on that, we remain absolutely formal at all times, DarthCyfe is banned from posting via charter amendment, we learn that MHA plan to hit close coalition members but decide to sit it out, and then we get completely hamstrung by conflicting treaty after conflicting treaty.

Sounds like a lot of fun!
[/quote]
At least we've established that GATO has changed for the more assertive/aggressive (depending on who you ask I'm sure).

For what it's worth, here's a more realistic version of pre-C&G GATO:

Thrash hopes we burn and we.... ignore him/ask him what exactly his problem is with us.

We learn that MHA plans to hit close coalition members.... and we confront them/wait until war is actually declared, since AA's make all sorts of plans during war.

Get hamstrung by conflicting treaty after conflicting treaty... and drop treaties/do just about anything besides declare another aggressive war, in support of MK.

Edit: Maybe not as fun, true. But there seems to be an inverse relationship between self-indulgence and respectability.

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1343520613' post='3016548']
Get hamstrung by conflicting treaty after conflicting treaty... and drop treaties/do just about anything besides declare another aggressive war, in support of MK.
[/quote]
Actually, some people, who you no doubt favorto GATO, is to just ignore every treaty!

At least we've established that GATO has changed for the more assertive/aggressive (depending on who you ask I'm sure).

Thrash hopes we burn and we.... ignore him/ask him what exactly his problem is with us.
[/quote]

As I said previously, Invicta hasn't exactly been a hot topic. A few months back I told the now MoFA Dre4mwe4ver, who had been asked by Invicta if we had any issue with them, that we clearly didn't. Thrash continues to pester ourselves and our allies, so I feel somewhat within my rights to tell him to take a hike.

[quote]
We learn that MHA plans to hit close coalition members.... and we confront them/wait until war is actually declared, since AA's make all sorts of plans during war.

Edit: Maybe not as fun, true. But there seems to be an inverse relationship between self-indulgence and respectability.
[/quote]

That first one is absolutely laughable in how ineffective it'd be, and considering it was our bloc-mate, waiting for them to actually get a round of wars off would be an abysmal failure.

As for the treaty issue, it was tough and it remains a massive shame, but ultimately RnR knew the position they were putting themselves in by forming the frontlines. I don't think they have any real problem with it, and in fact I'm actually quite a fan of the alliance, if less so who they choose to make company with. I've had this argument a million times, so honestly it's not something I care to do again.

I suppose "wouldn't be very fun" would the wrong phrase to use, yeah. Minus the last one, which I think can be debated for ages without conclusion, they're very firmly either personality or the logical move to make. We are not produced in a GATO factory. Laser is enormously patient, so he'd probably let snappy comments from Thrash slide, but I think very few people wouldn't act on an identified threat to a bloc-mate.

Good luck to our buddies in GATO. :wub:

Yup. Fashionably late.

Lemme finish catching my breath after 4 rounds & I'll get back on the dance floor. Us old farts DO need a breather now & again...
[/quote]

Rather glad to see you still around, old friend. Hit me up on IRC sometime.

[/quote]

See GATO as an alliance was treated like !@#$ for years and we had to sit and take it. We dont have to take it anymore and its quite liberating. So $%&@ Thrash and $%&@ everyone else who wants to talk !@#$. Quite frankly I don't really care anymore.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1343499938' post='3016458']
Do enlighten me wise one
[/quote]

Well, I would wager if SF/XX had all their upper tier out of PM so that y'all could basically outnumber than 3v1, you would be quite happy since that is where a lot of your strength lies. Now if you had your lower tier in PM so that they avoid the 3v1 down there, SF/XX would be complaining about it.

So for me it is ironic because it would simply be the exact opposite of how it is now. SF/XX would probably be complaining that y'all thrashing their upper tiers in a 3v1 while not taking much damage in the lower regions because they are in PM. Though, I have a feeling y'all would bring your lower tiers out since they are easier to rebuild.

Twas nothing vicious, just found your post ironic. Gotta love it though that whenever I say anything against y'alls coalition it is automatically assumed to be trolling. :D

Yup. Fashionably late.

[/quote]

tell me about it brotha

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1343522095' post='3016553']
Thrash continues to pester ourselves and our allies, so I feel somewhat within my rights to tell him to take a hike.
[/quote]

Please feel free to tell me which one of your allies I have pestered. My issue is with you, and you alone. Unlike you, I don't bring others into it.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1343531055' post='3016580']
See GATO as an alliance was treated like !@#$ for years and we had to sit and take it. We dont have to take it anymore and its quite liberating. So $%&@ Thrash and $%&@ everyone else who wants to talk !@#$. Quite frankly I don't really care anymore.
[/quote]

Yea, $%&@ me is right. You got your shield now so now you can act all big is basically what you're saying here. So, yea, I'll repeat what started this all off. Burn them, Legion. The difference between you and us is we've had the same treatment but have not sold out to alleviate it.

Edited by Thrash

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1343545175' post='3016626']
Please feel free to tell me which one of your allies I have pestered. My issue is with you, and you alone. Unlike you, I don't bring others into it.

Yea, $%&@ me is right. You got your shield now so now you can act all big is basically what you're saying here. So, yea, I'll repeat what started this all off. Burn them, Legion. The difference between you and us is we've had the same treatment but have not sold out to alleviate it.
[/quote]

Actually, the difference between now and then is everyone is able to speak up even you here and now regardless of how far our ties go. It just wasn't the case back then and we'd been pent up. I've been like this long before CnG.

Who sold out? We befriended people we liked back when we started on this road and this is where we ended up. You were up Polar and Pacificas ass at the time. They were among our least favorite people then and Polar still is. You act like we saw our friends as the winning team when at the start we fell in with them partly due to the fact we didn't want to fall in with you. The difference between us isn't that you wouldn't "sell-out" it's that you don't have the luxery of making new friends. You are stuck where you are. You simply don't even have the choice. Nobody else will have you. So come back to reality and try not to pretend that you don't deserve your reputation. We certainly don't.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1343547179' post='3016627']
Actually, the difference between now and then is everyone is able to speak up even you here and now regardless of how far our ties go. It just wasn't the case back then and we'd been pent up. I've been like this long before CnG.[/quote]

Who was preventing you from speaking up in the past? What occurred that gave you this sudden ability to speak up?

[quote]Who sold out? We befriended people we liked back when we started on this road and this is where we ended up. You were up Polar and Pacificas ass at the time. The difference between us isn't that you wouldn't "sell-out" it's that you don't have the luxery of making new friends. You are stuck where you are. You simply don't even have the choice. Nobody else will have you. So come back to reality and try not to pretend that you don't deserve your reputation. We certainly don't.
[/quote]

I can't remember any time we were up anyone's ass.

And as far as "nobody else will have you", that just lends credence to everything I've been saying about you.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1343545175' post='3016626']
[/quote]

This is just about the most one-sided grudge I've experienced. We don't care about Invicta, we've never cared about Invicta, and we never will care about Invicta. You must be the first person DarthCyfe has actually managed to upset, bravo.

Less trolling/irrelevant/unnecessary discussion, instead try these options:

More o7 to Legion. You guys were the only ones who actually obstructed the ports. Also, I still check in our Embassy on your forums every few days even if it's gone inactive for a while now. I'll still be there <3

More o7 to GATO, 'cause this is the first war declaration I've ever made, and better late than never, eh? Thanks for the honor ODN and Legion! That's pretty awesome in my book.

More comments about the cake I found on the first page of my search (Litha, for example: thanks <3).

More praising of the artistic talent of our Overlord Wes.

More... think of something. I dunno, the header I found is pretty nice, don't you think? Not entirely sure who made it, but hats off to them.

Extra shout outs to: Walsh and Phaedron. :wub: right back at you

And, R&R, sorry, we love you, but everyone wants to be a Bond Girl, even Her Royal Majesty the Queen. (I got a kick out of that.)

P.S. Thrash, Legion's not the only ones getting special treatment. You'll find me a-lurking in our Embassy at your forums as well. Not sure if this is one of the several subjects we've already touched upon (I'll have to check), but if anytime you'd like to ask me any question or address any concerns, I think you'll find that I do make some effort to be accommodating.

I imagine most of the remaining holdout alliances will be getting extra attention to help nudge them out and bring the war to a close.

That said you're correct. GATO are awful terrible people. But that just makes me love them more. :wub: