The New Democratic Order

The New Democratic order was formed for many reasons. But one of the most important to make sure everyone felt wanted and needed. This alliances main goals so far are to protect and grow the nations which becomes members in it. The government is a democracy so everyone may have a say in the government. My favorite part about it is. You don't get disrespected.

There is already an alliance called "The Democratic Order" (TDO). I hope you got their permission before going with that name. Probably not. You seem to be a noob, so they'll probably just approach you and help you out/let you know how things go around here.

Your name is different from TDO, so I doubt they will care and even if they do you're not doing anything wrong. I'm not sure why Hereno would imply you need permission from TDO, but the Libertarian Church wishes you well in your endeavors. Stay on the right path and you'll do fine. My advice to you guys is to get a flag, as most alliance have one. While the flag isn't really a requirement, it does earn you more respect from fellow alliances if you have one.

Good luck.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1343305990' post='3015729']
There is already an alliance called "The Democratic Order" (TDO). I hope you got their permission before going with that name. Probably not. You seem to be a noob, so they'll probably just approach you and help you out/let you know how things go around here.
[/quote]

Even if they did have an issue with it, it's TDO. Do you really think they'd actually do anything?

I remember when an alliance called R.O.C.K. formed, people rushed to tell them its to similar to RoK, etc. RoK didn't care about the "name similarity" and ended up signing a treaty with them, as they seem to of had similar tastes. People aren't nearly as anal about other alliances having somewhat similar names as some people will make it out. There are only so many combinations of words which flow and abbreviations which haven't been used up already. As long as its not exactly the same almost nobody will care, it has nothing to do with whether they can do anything about it. Its that they have no reason to become enemies with a new alliance over something as stupid as their name being kind of similar.

Edited by Methrage

Welcome and good luck in your endeavors! Make sure to find friends in other alliances so that you can better protect yourself. Also, it is wise to make a flag, and a "constitution" of sorts. However, it is not necessary. Good luck and if you need advice, Nations Empowered Against Totalitarianism is here to help. :)

Edited by iamwalrus

This is "interesting".

I'm not TDO gov but perhaps we will benefit if, in the rush of nations flocking to join TNDO, a few are so distracted by their anticipation of the glorious achievements ahead of them that they accidentally change their AA to ours.

[color="#FF0000"][b]Semi-Official DT Announcement

Last night at 10:25:36 PM server time, NDO simultaneously submitted requests for an embassy and DT protection. At this point we have not had opportunity to figure out what they're about, BUT we'll extend temporary protection until we make a final decision. Consider this an official notice of DT protection (unless a triumvir comes behind me with an override).

Farnsworth, High Templar of Foreign Affairs[/b][/color]

edit: bolded red is cruise control for srs bsns?

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1343323582' post='3015804']
[color="#FF0000"][b]Semi-Official DT Announcement

Last night at 10:25:36 PM server time, NDO simultaneously submitted requests for an embassy and DT protection. At this point we have not had opportunity to figure out what they're about, BUT we'll extend temporary protection until we make a final decision. Consider this an official notice of DT protection (unless a triumvir comes behind me with an override).

Farnsworth, High Templar of Foreign Affairs[/b][/color]

edit: bolded red is cruise control for srs bsns?
[/quote]

+1 to DT for this, even if it's temporary. Wolves being what they are.. :)

[quote name='Gingervites' timestamp='1343349287' post='3015966']
If this is a serious attempt at creating a new alliance than I wish you good luck in your future endeavors
[/quote]

I know, right? lol

[quote name='Walshington' timestamp='1343354500' post='3016000']
Farnsworth --
Is that a young Tom Waits in your avatar?
[/quote]

That'd be correct. :smug:

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='King Tarquin' timestamp='1343381434' post='3016134']
uhh the guy who formed this alliance is now in THE ILLUMINATI so now NDO only has 2 members and neither is the guy who started this topic... Did I miss something?
[/quote]

No, not really. That's correct. :huh:
I'm talking with one of the remaining two (the one that came to DT boards 2 nights ago).
He's looking for a new home, too, it seems.
We'll see what happens with that...
We can always use active tech sellers @ DT. :v:

Similar situations to this have played out here numerous times.
This is nothing new... some n00bs in need of guidance. That's all.