TWiP

alyster

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1343285327' post='3015651']
If you can't tell from the previous post, it's not a positive thing. Maybe if I'm feeling inspired later I'll make a sig to illustrate.
[/quote]
I think being a prophet is a good thing and actually not a bad description, as it recognizes my ability to speak on Divine matters. So it is a positive thing even if you don't understand it yet. I was already thinking of starting my own church, I'll call it the Libertarian Church.

The Libertarian Church believes Jesus was the first Libertarian and taught his followers to follow the Non-Aggression Principle with the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule as stated by Jesus is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". This much like the NAP opposes policies such as victimless crime laws, taxation and military drafts. The Golden Rule or NAP opposes initiating any aggression against another person or their property unless in self defense or when assisting someone in need who has been aggressively attacked without just cause.
-Methrage, Prophet of the Libertarian Church

Those who wish to join the church and follow our teachings may do so and be forgiven for past transgressions against the will of Christ. Members will learn more on how to live as Jesus Christ intended and gain insight into how the Golden Rule can help improve oneself, as well as society as a whole when fully understood. Jesus Christ throughout his life taught valuable lessons on how someone should or shouldn't act in many situations to follow the Golden Rule and do as a Libertarian who respects the rights of others would do. Those who do not learn from his teachings or don't understand the correct meanings behind them could make terrible mistakes against his fellow man. Those who join need not change alliance affiliations, as we believe those who follow the teachings of the Libertarian Church need not isolate themselves from others, but should stand tall as pillars of righteousness among their peers and show others the correct way through example.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1343314881' post='3015770']
Seek Help

OOC: Seek Help
[/quote]
If anyone needs help, I think its you. Not trying to put you down, but I think there might be something wrong with you.

IC: When you build an alliance full of 12 year old boys, teaching them that sadism and oppression is the cool and the correct way to deal with others, it makes me worry about your mental state. Its like you're raising a bunch of special ed Saddams. Its not like they'll ever amount to anything, but with a leader like you I don't think they will turn out right.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343301589' post='3015712']
There are several degrees of wrong, you know!
[/quote]

I at least at 98 degrees?

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYb2IdrN-ns"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYb2IdrN-ns[/url]

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1343318174' post='3015780']
Rey summed it up pretty well. As for Methrage's little spiel, beware of false prophets, and all that (which is where I was going with the whole 5 Prophets thing).
[/quote]
You say that because you would like to believe there is no right or wrong, whether you do good or bad is the same. I believe there is such a thing as good and bad, with the capability for good within all. Those who choose to block out any sense of moral values and would rather go against the examples set by Jesus who led by example on how one should behave, they slowly lose the capability to tell right from wrong. Although I can see why you hold onto your petty beliefs, as you are part of the Doom House mechanism which would like to see the moral fabric of our world broken down. With no morals, there is no reason and only people acting out of petty desires to violate the rights of others to give yourself a sense of power over others.

However Jesus is the ideal man, in any situation we all have the capability to do as Jesus would do and respect other people's rights, or we can let evil take us over and instead use sadism against our fellow man and try to oppress them so you can feel superiority. That is what the GOONS mercy board is all about and that is what everyone allied to GOONS, who help them oppress others are also about. For the last few years Doom House has shown people what a world with no morals, no boundries in how we should treat each other is like. Alliances are attacked because you guys are bored or feel you didn't beat them up enough before, so you'll keep doing it. We see the population on this planet dwindling as tyrants such as yourself reign free to do as you wish to those without the power to stop you. However I think people are getting sick of you guys and your attitude of thinking your strength gives you the privilege to trample on the rights of others as you please, with no CB necessary.

Considering the Libertarian Church and the Goon Order of Oppression Negligence and Sadism are polar opposites in our beliefs, I'm not surprised you would try claiming me to be in the wrong and them to be right. However for all to ponder, I propose is it better to believe everyone should strive to do what is right and fair, while maximizing freedom, or is the alternative GOONS + friends propose of believing their right to treat nations with sadism, disrespect and oppress them is the natural state of how things should be?

If people treated each other with a little respect and people stood up to alliances like GOONS who abuse nations who are not well protected causing them to leave often, would we not enjoy a better world and atmosphere the current status quo? I remember a time when people expected alliances to have been wronged by someone before they suddenly get declared on, if people feel the alliance was attacked unjustly there would be much public outrage. Today Doom House wants us to believe none of that matters anymore and as long as they are strong enough their right to attack whoever they want, whenever they want triumphs the rights of those being attacked for no reason. Jesus believing in the Non-Aggression Principle, would not approve of these alliances encouraging bad traits among their members and trying to normalize their immorality across as many nations as possible.

Those who believe in justice and people should strive to do good they try to discount as moralists, but since when is it considered a bad thing to have morals? Those without morals are the ones who are lost and on a bad path, that they believe morals are bad and try to spread that mindset is what's corrupting this world. What would Jesus do is a phrase meant to remind us all, that at any time any of us can be like Jesus and do what's right, setting an example for everyone around us to do good rather than bad. Although all that's required for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing, if no one is willing to stand up as Jesus did and tell it like it is that people are capable of good and evil, but should always strive to do good, then all we have are those who give into evil setting examples on how to behave with people following them down the wrong path instead.

Why should the new player who is just starting and hasn't found an alliance yet be attacked, violating the Golden Rule and NAP? GOONS and NG say these players have no rights, so they treat them like dirt and drive them away. Why should we create an atmosphere so unwelcoming to new players, when we should be encouraging more nations to stick around and with all the resources available don't need to resort to looting from new nations who barely have anything?

The Libertarian Church offers an alternative, those nations who haven't initiated unjust aggression against others shouldn't be attacked, however those such as GOONS and NG who do initiate unjust aggression against them should be attacked and punished. Lets make this place fun again for new and old nations alike, rather than just one where those who like to abuse weaker nations all band together as everyone else turns a blind eye, while defending those who drive the new players away whenever a war starts to make sure things stay the same. The Libertarian Church is an idea that we the people can all do good, as God is part of all of us. There is no need to drive the divine spark away from yourself, as you turn to doing bad. Instead we should all embrace the divine spark which makes us capable of making what we want to have happen into a reality and use that ability to make our reality better, as we reject the bad within us. Why should CN be such an unwelcome place for new people, when there are so many good people around? Why do so few want to stand up for what is right, when we can all see if things progress as they are now without change, the population will just dwindle further as more alliances who try to do what is right are driven from CN?

I propose all alliances either allied to Doom House or who are one treaty chain away from Doom House cancel with Doom House if allied to them and if one treaty chain away cut treaties with allies of Doom House unless they are willing to cut ties with Doom House themselves. The Libertarian Church isn't out to recruit members, our only purpose is to spread the message that people should do good and there are guidelines on what qualifies as good, such as respecting the rights of others and helping to defeat those who would trample on the rights of innocents.

All alliances allied to Doom House, such as [b]CnG, NG, Europa, TOP, Nordreich, VE, IRON, Argent, Deinos, among others need to decide if they want to be part of the problem or solution. Part of whats killing off this world's population or part of the solution in breathing life back into this world.[/b] Do they want to be pulled down with the filth and treated as such, or do they want to embrace a righteous path? Alliances with allies treatied to DH also need to make a choice, if some of their allies who are tied to DH, such as NG and TOP don't cancel their treaties, would they rather cancel their treaties with those alliances or also have their reputations pulled down to the DH level as they support them by keeping them in a strengthened position? When the next war is here its to late to be thinking of cutting treaties with those you don't want to support, the time is now to choose if you want to be on the side of those who have reduced wars to just attacking alliances with noCB repeatedly until there is no competition left who want to bother sticking it out any longer or do you want to be on the side of Karma which brings justice and breaths new life into this world?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343330239' post='3015828']
Man, he sure did bite into that prophet idea.
[/quote]
Since you replied here, care to explain why it's ok for you to make fun of others, but if others make fun of you, it's wrong? I've asked you this in multiple threads and you don't seem to have a response.

[quote name='Mogar' timestamp='1343330848' post='3015829']
Since you replied here, care to explain why it's ok for you to make fun of others, but if others make fun of you, it's wrong? I've asked you this in multiple threads and you don't seem to have a response.
[/quote]

I doubt you will get the response you're looking for.

[ooc]Sometimes in the mind of a child that's just how they think things should be. I blame the bad parenting and online games.[ooc]

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1343331474' post='3015832']

[ooc]Sometimes in the mind of a child that's just how they think things should be. I blame the bad parenting and online games.[ooc]
[/quote]
I'll take "I'm a giant Hypocrite" for 1000 Trebeck.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343322297' post='3015797']
It's times like these when I almost forget that Methrage was once respectable and didn't try to call others "Special Ed" level
[/quote]
Don't pretend like you've ever been respectful in talking with me, all that comes out of your mouth are either insults or you complaining because you feel your fragile feelings were hurt over something trivial. Sardonic saying the same thing twice while adding OOC tags to it the second time made it clear he was trying to be disrespectful, so there was no need for me to show respect in return. Those who earn respect get it, those who are disrespectful get none. If my IC post hurt your pride, deal with it. Maybe if you didn't have a nation so small it wouldn't even be worth hitting if someone went to war with GOONS, as all you do is mouth off as loud as you can while complaining about everything, then maybe you would be more than the stereotypical special ed GOONS member. Currently you're just an example of why what I said was true, if you want my respect earn it rather than whine.

Edited by Methrage

[/quote]
People are free to make fun of GOONS all they want, it's not like we're the speech police here. Idiocy will be returned with us making fun of them, of course.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1343334947' post='3015853']
People are free to make fun of GOONS all they want, it's not like we're the speech police here. Idiocy will be returned with us making fun of them, of course.
[/quote]

I think that may have been a direct quote pointed at rey and not specifically at GOONS in general. Unless you're reys spokesman? ( it would be a marginal improvement if you were) Sorry, I couldn't post without some hate.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1343334947' post='3015853']
[/quote]
Aimed directly at Rey and no one else in GOONS.
edit: to further my thought, most people who can dish it out know how to take it as well, where Rey seems only able to insult others but if anyone retorts, they're some kind of monster.

Edited by Mogar

[/quote]
You don't get an answer because it's a false question.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1343331474' post='3015832']

[/quote]
Hilariously ironic that you're calling anyone a child or childish.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1343331984' post='3015837']
Don't pretend like you've ever been respectful in talking with me, all that comes out of your mouth are either insults or you complaining because you feel your fragile feelings were hurt over something trivial. Sardonic saying the same thing twice while adding OOC tags to it the second time made it clear he was trying to be disrespectful, so there was no need for me to show respect in return. Those who earn respect get it, those who are disrespectful get none. If my IC post hurt your pride, deal with it. Maybe if you didn't have a nation so small it wouldn't even be worth hitting if someone went to war with GOONS, as all you do is mouth off as loud as you can while complaining about everything, then maybe you would be more than the stereotypical special ed GOONS member. Currently you're just an example of why what I said was true, if you want my respect earn it rather than whine.
[/quote]
Telling you to seek help because you find merit in spending your time bringing religion needlessly into this versus.... Comparing GOONS and special ed. One of those could be taken seriously, the other is just garbage. And I bet you know you're wrong.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343340918' post='3015881']
Telling you to seek help because you find merit in spending your time bringing religion needlessly into this versus.... Comparing GOONS and special ed. One of those could be taken seriously, the other is just garbage. And I bet you know you're wrong.
[/quote]
Only you would take a post marked IC so seriously, only you.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1343343177' post='3015892']
Only you would take a post marked IC so seriously, only you.
[/quote]
You're implying that makes it classier somehow. Let's be real here.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1343316218' post='3015772']
IC: When you build an alliance full of 12 year old boys, teaching them that sadism and oppression is the cool and the correct way to deal with others, it makes me worry about your mental state. Its like you're raising a bunch of special ed Saddams. Its not like they'll ever amount to anything, but with a leader like you I don't think they will turn out right.
[/quote]

I might not agree with Methrage very often but credit given where credit deserved, I laughed. This thread is really chalking up some gems

[quote name='Neo Uruk' timestamp='1343344104' post='3015900']
You're implying that makes it classier somehow. Let's be real here.
[/quote]
I don't see how saying only you would take a post so seriously is implying that makes it classier, although you probably thought classier because its true. I have more class in my pinky finger than you have in your entire body, also there is nothing you can do to change that. So you might as well give up now before you embarrass yourself further.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1343354189' post='3015998']
I don't see how saying only you would take a post so seriously is implying that makes it classier, although you probably thought classier because its true. I have more class in my pinky finger than you have in your entire body, also there is nothing you can do to change that. So you might as well give up now before you embarrass yourself further.
[/quote]
No, you're implying that because a post is "IC" it's ok to mock the "special ed" kids. Which is wrong. You don't have class. It's cool.