CNIB Radio Announcement

bros

Ladies and Gentleman, Friends of the Radio Revolution!

We here at the CNIB Group have a bit of a dilemma that we're hoping everyone in the Cybernations (and beyond) community can help with. We need a new name. Unfortunately, for our enterprise to truly grow, thus providing more war time enjoyment for all of you, and to help bring higher quality and better programming, we will need to expand. In order to expand, we need a name that means something (CNIB stands for nothing), a name that can give way to a broader ranges for all of our loyal listeners. We invite everyone to participate in this contest, the winner will receive either 10 shout-outs/verbal advertisements to be used with prior coordination and approval, or combined 1 hour of advertising time, to be broken up. If you choose the latter, you will need to provide your own audio advertisement for prior approval, and when you would like it to air. Contact Anson if you would like to discuss an alternate prize that does not violate the Cybernations Terms of Service.

The name contest will run until the end of June 2012. Once we have our new name picked out, we will have a new contest opening. Once we unveil our new name, we will need a new logo to go with it! More details on that contest later, suffice to say it will be rather fun!

Also, as you've no doubt noticed, with war here in Cybernations, and looming just over the horizon for many alliances, the CNIB Group has been serving up nightly broadcasts. While some of the broadcasters may or may not have been all that successful, overall we're having a great time, and we hope you are too! So come and listen at [url=http://cnib-group.com]www.cnib-group.com[/url] and visit our forums, which have a slick new theme!

More to come!

- Anson, Bloodfury, and Bros

Edited by bros2

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1339819844' post='2985555']
Less inclusive, but can give way to broader ranges? :unsure:
[/quote]

Edited for clarity

CNIB literally stands for nothing

We want a name that is good, but not generic.

Like Bootleg

They have an awesome name.

How about "The Dirt"? (maybe as a nickname). That's the first thing that comes to mind - like that's what everyone is looking for by tuning in. Sounds a bit edgy like Bootleg. Or should it be more general to apply to music as well?

Edit: When I say nickname, I mean radio stations seem to always have a formal name composed of a string of letters (e.g., CNIB) and then some name like that. Like "You're listening to WKRZ - The Fossil!"

Edited by Prodigal Moon

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1339820828' post='2985565']
How about "The Dirt"? (maybe as a nickname). That's the first thing that comes to mind - like that's what everyone is looking for by tuning in. Sounds a bit edgy like Bootleg. Or should it be more general to apply to music as well?

Edit: When I say nickname, I mean radio stations seem to always have a formal name composed of a string of letters (e.g., CNIB) and then some name like that. Like "You're listening to WKRZ - The Fossil!"
[/quote]

Or WRAT - The Rat

:P

(that's one in NJ)

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1339822151' post='2985595']
I'm sure your completely unbiased war coverage will be very enjoyable for tens of people.
[/quote]

We allow anyone and everyone to DJ via CNIB. You want your voice to be heard? Apply to be a DJ. We don't discriminate against people having DJ slots.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1339822151' post='2985595']
I'm sure your completely unbiased war coverage will be very enjoyable for tens of people.
[/quote]

We actually have a variety of coverage.

We had Schattenmann on Wednesday, who favors CSN and their view. He had guests on who supported his views (and two MK members, myself and rsoxbronco).

Yesterday we had Anson on, he had a variety of people, along with domisi, who also had people from both sides of the conflict (Including Liz).

We allow all viewpoints to express themselves, as the station is OOC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='BloodFury' timestamp='1339822640' post='2985601']
We allow anyone and everyone to DJ via CNIB. You want your voice to be heard? Apply to be a DJ. We don't discriminate against people having DJ slots.
[/quote]

Where do I apply, and how often are the shows?

[quote name='Imperium of Cadia' timestamp='1342241994' post='3009998']
Where do I apply, and how often are the shows?
[/quote]

http://www.cnib-group.com/

You can do a show once a week, or once every two weeks. Up to you.

I was told CNIB stands for CN International Broadcasting.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1339822151' post='2985595']
[/quote]
I am indeed biased.

In your favor.

And I had over 100 listeners for my biased war coverage. They mostly heard MK gov sputtering and stuttering as Olympus gov tore down the war.

So, you're welcome.

Edited by Schattenmann