An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339922014' post='2986372']
Actually, I will when it suits me, regardless of when it suits you.

Asside from that, my point, that we shouldn't be expected to check MK's forums even though Archon claimed people were dumb for not checking them, still stands regardless of whether or not MK posters have said earlier in the thread about Dave being only an applicant and not a member.
[/quote]

Actually if someone is making statements regarding the nature of Dave93's application in an attempt to fit their argument it's entirely expected they fact check themselves. This is also true for anyone who wondered about Dave's status when he was being attacked by CSN. We at MK were just kind enough to inform others numerous times throughout this thread of the basic status of his application. If someone is too lazy to check a public section of our forums or even read through some of the backpages of this announcement that's entirely their fault. We're not responsible for hand holding people trying to make half assed arguments.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1339957280' post='2986546']
What, if anything, is Bal Masqué willing to do about it?
[/quote]

No one can act alone. And also, I've done plenty about it, and have burned most bridges with people in the process. I won't deny it wasn't enough, though, but again, if it's just one person who has the desire to do anything, not going to make enough of an impact.

edit for clarity: The issue is primarily despite the fact people are saying that they want to end the world and whatnot, they put far more effort into it than do others. Others lack the ambition.

It shouldn't require any moral reason or grave travesties for people to want to take down a ruling power. It should simply the desire to either overtake or create a vacuum.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1339957309' post='2986547']
Actually if someone is making statements regarding the nature of Dave93's application in an attempt to fit their argument it's entirely expected they fact check themselves. This is also true for anyone who wondered about Dave's status when he was being attacked by CSN. We at MK were just kind enough to inform others numerous times throughout this thread of the basic status of his application. [/quote]

Thank you so much for your kindness!!!

[quote]If someone is too lazy to check a public section of our forums or even read through some of the backpages of this announcement that's entirely their fault. We're not responsible for hand holding people trying to make half assed arguments.
[/quote]

My very very very very sincere apologies for not regularly checking your forums. It will never happen again.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339960106' post='2986563']
Thank you so much for your kindness!!!

My very very very very sincere apologies for not regularly checking your forums. It will never happen again.
[/quote]
You're an idiot. His point was that there is no reason for inserting yourself in the discussion to spout nonsensical crap when the facts are readily available both on our forums, and in this very thread. If you can't be bothered reading the discussion then why are you trying to participate in it?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339960630' post='2986565']
You're an idiot. His point was that there is no reason for inserting yourself in the discussion to spout nonsensical crap when the facts are readily available both on our forums, and in this very thread. If you can't be bothered reading the discussion then why are you trying to participate in it?
[/quote]

I'm giving it 5:1 odds you haven't read this entire thread either.

Also, it amazes me how if an MK poster says something stupid, and some one points our how stupid is, the response is just repeat the same stupid line more emphatically with more volume.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339961078' post='2986570']

Also, it amazes me how if an MK poster says something stupid, and some one points our how stupid is, the response is just repeat the same stupid line more emphatically with more volume.
[/quote]
Time to pay up then.

Also, if you think it's stupid to check the facts of an issue before you decide to complain about it, then thank you for proving our opinions of the leadership of the opposing side correct.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1339956972' post='2986542']
They haven't been particularly quiet about it and most people are willing to enable it by not being willing to do anything about it.
[/quote]
Who says things can't change?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339961816' post='2986577']
Time to pay up then.

Also, if you think it's stupid to check the facts of an issue before you decide to complain about it,[/quote]

You don't like it when people don't check their facts before saying something?

Wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

[quote]then thank you for proving our opinions of the leadership of the opposing side correct.
[/quote]

Aaaaaaaaand I'm not gov. the irony is killing me.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1339908056' post='2986263']
yawn. of course it was a constructed cb. as was the one we used in the last war against mha et al, and the one where we attacked the npo and ve attacked polaris. the one athens used on tpf, the one top used on c&g. as was the one we all used in karma, and the one used against hyperion in 'nocb.' and i can't evenn really remember the cbs used in the global wars before that but i imagine they were just as !@#$.
[/quote]

Better update a few past war wikis then. And the current one. :awesome:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339964133' post='2986595']
You don't like it when people don't check their facts before saying something?

Wait for it...

wait for it...

wait for it...

Aaaaaaaaand I'm not gov. the irony is killing me.
[/quote]
xfd. First of all, I'm not the one here trying to make a big issue over my own misconception. Second, I didn't say you were gov. You are however still a leading figure in MCXA.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339961078' post='2986570']

[/quote]

"Well looks like you got me but this hole doesn't look quite deep enough!"

The fact you're trying to defend your entirely incorrect perspective by jumping into an entirely unrelated and irrelevant diatribe is pretty amusing. I mean why would you actually address the topic? You've already been proven wrong on several occasions and your only "defense" is to call it stupid. Oh my, you wound me.

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1339956648' post='2986538']
Didn't see the edit, and the multiple posts arguing for it got me confused.

I guess that would just make you an enabler, then.
[/quote]

Ayo girl why you being a bish mayne?

Edited by Comrade Goby

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' timestamp='1339966755' post='2986614']
your only "defense" is to call it stupid. Oh my, you wound me.
[/quote]

You realize you're in MK right. Your alliance churns out thousands of posts of that type a year. Not that I would expect you to understand that.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339976870' post='2986733']
You realize you're in MK right. Your alliance churns out thousands of posts of that type a year. Not that I would expect you to understand that.
[/quote]
watch out guys, he's deploying the fabled no u

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339977163' post='2986738']
watch out guys, he's deploying the fabled no u
[/quote]

Does it sting, the whole medicine of one's own, etc?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339976870' post='2986733']
[/quote]

Oh darn, went straight to my heart. At the rate your responses to me are degrading I fully expect some harsh comebacks consisting of "nuh uh" or other riveting arguments gleaned from a third grader's notebook. Anyways, I still wait for you to address your previous statements and how utter nonsense they were. Of course you can always keep that shovel going, I'm sure you'll reach the other side eventually.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339977747' post='2986742']
I'm going to point our hypocrisy when it rears its ugly head.
[/quote]
please do, good to know you plan to keep MCXA in check

[quote name='IYIyTh' timestamp='1339977938' post='2986744']
Does it sting, the whole medicine of one's own, etc?
[/quote]
did you just no u a post pointing out someone else's no u?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1339978729' post='2986748']
please do, good to know you plan to keep MCXA in check

did you just no u a post pointing out someone else's no u?
[/quote]
no u

Really... I think he did

Edited by Examus

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1339922014' post='2986372']
Actually, I will when it suits me, regardless of when it suits you.

Asside from that, my point, that we shouldn't be expected to check MK's forums even though Archon claimed people were dumb for not checking them, still stands regardless of whether or not MK posters have said earlier in the thread about Dave being only an applicant and not a member.
[/quote]

Apologies for confusion or misinterpretation - I only meant to imply people were dumb for continuing to attempt to employ a line of reasoning that was regularly debunked throughout the thread, only to come back up (and be subsequently debunked).