An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1339693916' post='2983605']
I wasn't aware our allies were pets. Or that they were against this war.
[/quote]

I guess you must be one of those low hanging fruits we've been talking about, then.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hyperonic' timestamp='1339693974' post='2983608']
I guess you must be one of those low hanging fruits we've been talking about, then.
[/quote]

So what, Delta's dog is going to eat me now?

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1339693954' post='2983607']
Who did we recruit?
[/quote]
If you allowed Dave the protection of your AA, you're playing pointless word games to wiggle out of the fact you're pinned on your own argument. I'm really not down for word games. It's too early right now for me.

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1339694094' post='2983616']
If you allowed Dave the protection of your AA, you're playing pointless word games to wiggle out of the fact you're pinned on your own argument. I'm really not down for word games. It's too early right now for me.
[/quote]
we aren't the ones crying about this war taking place. you don't have to believe or agree with us. it doesn't change the facts or what is going on.

Edited by feardaram

[quote name='feardaram' timestamp='1339694239' post='2983624']
we aren't the ones crying about this war taking place. you don't have to believe or agree with us. it doesn't change the facts.
[/quote]
But you are in here, in droves, foolishly trying to justify this as if this war is not entirely MK's responsibility and fault. CSN did nothing wrong here.

[quote name='Blooddraken' timestamp='1339693623' post='2983598']
Ok then. Let me see if I can work this out now.

Dave was caught spying. He was attacked for it.
He then applied, or was offered an application, to MK.

Now, It's been a few years, but I do remember when I first joined. Had numerous invites to various alliances. I checked many of them out. Even partially filled out a few applications before ultimately joining RIA. And in the vast majority of those applications, pretty close to being the first question asked, was "Are you currently at war with anyone?"

Now, at the time, I was brand new. Obviously, I wasn't at war with anyone. But logic tells me that if I had answered yes, that question would have been followed up with a request for why I was at war, and even contacting my hypothetical enemy or their alliance to discuss whether the war was justified or not and the best way to handle it.

MK obviously didn't do that.

Thy're claiming that they would have sought a way to end the hostilities if CSN had simply contacted them, but their near immediate declaration of war proves the lie in that.

Nor do I see why it is CSN's responsibility to contact MK concerning the punishment of someone who broke CSN's rules. It wasn't MK's business. If they had done the logical thing and contacted CSN before even considering Dave's application, then this whole mess would have been over before it started.

That's just my take on it. Do with it as you will.
[/quote]
Or if you're really concerned for the ZI'd nation's well being contact CSN and come to a accommodation. The cost of the infraction couldn't be as much as a war.

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1339694094' post='2983616']
[/quote]
I'm not pinned on anything. You're argument was flawed in that you posted incorrect information. That isn't a word game. It's a rebuttal. CSN continued attacks on a nation that had fled to a sovereign AA. It is standard practice to alert the alliance protecting that AA of the situation. That never happened.

You'd like to think we're so wrong here, but CSN refused to offer a commonly given courtesy, showing a blatant lack of respect to the AA and those that protect it.

Why does SF try so hard to cover up CSN failure? Dave messed up and was attacked. He then applied to MK changing his AA. Any semi decent milcom would have come by to talk to us(or any other alliance in same position) asking what's up and trying to find a diplomatic solution to keep their ZI on going. If MK would have said no, it would have meant we were huge dicks or we would have had to stand by our decision in a defensive war. Instead CSN chose another path, they made an OWF announcement that they will ZI MK applicant. Now they are facing the results of this stupidity.

Edit: some spelling

Edited by alyster

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1339694322' post='2983626']
But you are in here, in droves, foolishly trying to justify this as if this war is not entirely MK's responsibility and fault. CSN did nothing wrong here.
[/quote]
we can agree to disagree.

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1339694438' post='2983631']
I'm not pinned on anything. You're argument was flawed in that you posted incorrect information. That isn't a word game. It's a rebuttal. CSN continued attacks on a nation that had fled to a sovereign AA. It is standard practice to alert the alliance protecting that AA of the situation. That never happened.

You'd like to think we're so wrong here, but CSN refused to offer a commonly given courtesy, showing a blatant lack of respect to the AA and those that protect it.
[/quote]
You cannot "flee" a ZI list. It's akin to fleeing a supermax prison.

You sent in special ops teams to break him out of CSN's punishment. I did not post incorrect information. You're trying to redefine what is essentially CN common law.

[/quote]
Did MK contact CSN for an explanation ? It seems that both parties share fault here.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339694778' post='2983641']
Did MK contact CSN for an explanation ? It seems that both parties share fault here.
[/quote]
you are throwing around the word fault like something bad has happened.

I'm not pinned on anything. You're argument was flawed in that you posted incorrect information. That isn't a word game. It's a rebuttal. CSN continued attacks on a nation that had fled to a sovereign AA.[/quote]
Yeah, it makes total sense to "protect" a nation after it was declared rogue and claimed by CSN. Fact remains that you were always only second to claim this Dave guy as yours. Therefore the wrong was commited on your part.
[quote]
[b]It is standard practice to alert the alliance protecting that AA of the situation. That never happened.
[/b]
[/quote]
It was all [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=111450]out in the open[/url].

[spoiler][quote]Just a sidenote reminder: Dave93 has been placed on CSN's ZI list, so please refrain from filling his war slots (it would be greatly appreciated) or aiding him for the duration of his ZI. He has shown great enthusiasm at the prospect of engaging our middle tier and has been honorable enough to accept responsibility/accountability for his involvement with Rotavele. So we would like to indulge his enthusiasm by providing him our middle tier on his way out/down to ZI (once he reaches ZI he will be released no questions asked) without interference.[/quote] [/spoiler]

[quote name='dejarue' timestamp='1339695039' post='2983646']
Does your "extensive" application process not include checking war screens?
[/quote]
what does that have to do with anything? we've already established and acknowledged that he was declared on prior to applying to mk.