An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339699876' post='2983787']
Accept that MK didn't tell CSN's MOD,Dave did.
[/quote]

No we didn't tell their MoD. I told Liz.

If CSN would be evil like Fark they'd share logs and the MoD would have known as well.

Edited by alyster

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339699876' post='2983787']
Accept that MK didn't tell CSN's MOD,Dave did.
[/quote]
CSN does not have the right to dictate to the Kingdom who she may and may not send to deliver correspondence.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1339700026' post='2983791']
No we didn't tell their MoD. I told Liz.
[/quote]
csn's MoD is one of the nations dave is at war with. the MoD was informed of the MK protection through the peace offer, which was ignored.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339700119' post='2983794']
Do all of your applicants make MK's policy or just Dave ?
[/quote]

I don't get the question. I believe we had the policy of protecting our applicant AA far in advance of his arrival.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339700119' post='2983794']
Do all of your applicants make MK's policy or just Dave ?
[/quote]
That's a very good, intelligent question, askani. Maybe CSN should have stopped by to ask us?

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1339700229' post='2983796']
Askadi is just mad at us here because unlike TIO, MK can take care of our friend Dave.
[/quote]
I'm not mad at anyone.I'm having a hard time understanding why this war is necessary. Are there logs showing MK informing CSN ?

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339700328' post='2983798']
That's a very good, intelligent question, askani. Maybe CSN should have stopped by to ask us?
[/quote]
or maybe you should have reached out to CSN to talk about it. It goes both ways Ardus. Likely even if you would have CSN would have continued down the path they did and wed still be here but it would have taken a layer of bs away from the CB.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339700328' post='2983798']
[/quote]
I concede that CSN could have reached out,But that doesn't excuse the fact after accepting a nation under attack that MK chose to not tell anyone.

Edited by askani the rotund

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339700602' post='2983802']
I concede that CSN could have reached out,But that doesn't excuse the fact after accepting a nation under attack that MK chose to not tell anyone.
[/quote]
just because a post wasn't made on the owf doesn't mean they weren't told. they were clearly made aware and could have checked into it further if they at all cared.

[quote name='feardaram' timestamp='1339700699' post='2983803']
just because a post wasn't made on the owf doesn't mean they weren't told. they were clearly made aware and could have checked into it further if they at all cared.
[/quote]
Maybe someone will drop in and provide logs.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339700602' post='2983802']
[/quote]
Oh, but we did. We told Dave to pass word along and, before much else could be done, he was nuked. On our applicant's AA. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when a nation I'm chasing hops onto a protected affiliation, I've always requested clearance from the affiliation. It takes all of five minutes on IRC, usually. Very basic demonstration of mutual respect and deference to sovereignty.

There's always the very high risk of a FAN-like reaction: no questions, if somebody is bombed on the AA, there may be retaliation from those sworn to protect it. When such policies are advertised, the whole world celebrates them as just and right. Well, we're demonstrating just such a policy, only to be condemned for it. The hypocrisy of our detractors knows no bounds.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339700887' post='2983805']
Maybe someone will drop in and provide logs.
[/quote]
what logs are you referring to? dave messaged csn's MoD with the fact that he is now protected by MK. that message was ignored. why are you ignoring this?

Edited by feardaram

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339700903' post='2983806']
Oh, but we did. We told Dave to pass word along and, before much else could be done, he was nuked. On our applicant's AA. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but when a nation I'm chasing hops onto a protected affiliation, I've always requested clearance from the affiliation. It takes all of five minutes on IRC, usually. Very basic demonstration of mutual respect and deference to sovereignty.

There's always the very high risk of a FAN-like reaction: no questions, if somebody is bombed on the AA, there may be retaliation from those sworn to protect it. When such policies are advertised, the whole world celebrates them as just and right. Well, we're demonstrating just such a policy, only to be condemned for it. The hypocrisy of our detractors knows no bounds.
[/quote]

No I'm afraid you're wrong. What's just and right is Fungicide 2012

[/quote]
Thats only half the process Ardus. Generally when an AA is considering taking in a person in war they reach out to those he/she are at war with. It generally takes 5 min on IRC as well. You all told Dave to do it? Did I read that right? I would probably question if the person I was chasing said something like that but then again I probably would have followed up on IRC as well. Just saying Ardus you guys orchastrated this as you didnt really care and if they didnt cease hostilities it gave you just enough to justify a war.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1339700098' post='2983793']CSN does not have the right to dictate to the Kingdom who she may and may not send to deliver correspondence.[/quote]So from now on I should assume every member of the Kingdom is an official representative of Archon?

Good note.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1339701212' post='2983813']
So from now on I should assume every member of the Kingdom is an official representative of Archon?

Good note.
[/quote]
or you could use common sense. if someone tells you something, gov or not, and your response could very well result in your whole alliance getting attacked, you might want to give it some consideration and/or pass it up the food chain.

Edited by feardaram

[/quote]
You have to know that peace messages from a target are ignored.MK had just as much if not more opportunity (given they granted him protection) to inform someone from CSN via IRC.

[quote name='askani the rotund' timestamp='1339701462' post='2983820']
You have to know that peace messages from a target are ignored.MK had just as much if not more opportunity (given they granted him protection) to inform someone from CSN via IRC.
[/quote]
i bet they won't make that mistake again.

The hypocrisy of our detractors knows no bounds.
[/quote]

I'm waiting for [sarcasm] tags to be edited in here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of SF and the rest, as my interactions with Xiph/CSN even during my tenure as RoK's MoFA were anything but cordial, but I find it hard to believe you have really stooped this low.

Edit:
[quote name='feardaram' timestamp='1339701532' post='2983821']
i bet they won't make that mistake again.
[/quote]

Likewise. :awesome:

Edited by Dark Temptation

[quote name='feardaram' timestamp='1339701321' post='2983816']or you could use common sense. if someone tells you something, gov or not, and your response could very well result in your whole alliance getting attacked, you might want to give it some consideration and/or pass it up the food chain.[/quote]People tell people !@#$%^&* all the time and acting on or considering it all would be a tedious waste of time. That's why, up until now, it has fallen to alliance leaders to pass information between themselves to distinguish real issues from false ones.

But I guess, from now on, we all must keep in mind that every communication from a member of MK needs to be treated as if it came from Archon himself.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1339701939' post='2983825']
People tell people !@#$%^&* all the time and acting on or considering it all would be a tedious waste of time. That's why, up until now, it has fallen to alliance leaders to pass information between themselves to distinguish real issues from false ones.

But I guess, from now on, we all must keep in mind that every communication from a member of MK needs to be treated as if it came from Archon himself.
[/quote]
i see you've resulted back to those unwritten rules and a lack of common sense to support your argument. common sense dictates that when someone you're attacking says "hey guys i'm now under protection" you stop for a second and think about the situation. saying it's tedious and a waste of time to do so is moronic and can result in your alliance getting crushed (this can serve as a case study).